HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Murray & Parros practicing with the team (no contact) Oct. 25

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2013, 11:47 PM
durojean

vCash: 500
I'm ok to play them together still... But don't play the against the first 2 lines of the opposit team.

Old
10-09-2013, 12:08 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Just because Gio missed practice for family reasons. He will rejoin the team and that line.
I totally expected Prust, Moen, or Briere to get put in there ahead of Bournival, that's all. Obviously he has been impressing.

Old
10-09-2013, 02:26 AM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I totally expected Prust, Moen, or Briere to get put in there ahead of Bournival, that's all. Obviously he has been impressing.
Or he's not expected to play and so only one line is disrupted at practice rather than two if Gionta is replaced by someone who will be playing on another line in the game....

Old
10-09-2013, 11:37 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Woot!

@Dave_Stubbs:
Great news: #Habs GM Marc Bergevin tells me @GeorgeParros is "almost symptom-free." Habs in no hurry, concussion recovery is delicate

Old
10-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Woot!

@Dave_Stubbs:
Great news: #Habs GM Marc Bergevin tells me @GeorgeParros is "almost symptom-free." Habs in no hurry, concussion recovery is delicate
Probably lucky (as weird as it is to say) that he took the impact on the jaw instead of anywhere else on the skull. Knock out more by nerve shock than brain trauma.

Old
10-09-2013, 11:48 AM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Probably lucky (as weird as it is to say) that he took the impact on the jaw instead of anywhere else on the skull. Knock out more by nerve shock than brain trauma.
Yup, that's what I figured. Looked awful and really painful but it wasn't nearly as bad as those torqued-brain-stem-can't-be-around-bright-lights-or-loud-noises-anymore kinda hit.

Old
10-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
Pacioretty was ''flying'' on the ice today and should play against Calgary per Martin McGuire.
I believe it was Norman Flynn who said this morning that Pacioretty was shooting with a lot of ease. Bodes well.

Old
10-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
I believe it was Norman Flynn who said this morning that Pacioretty was shooting with a lot of ease. Bodes well.
This guy is literally Wolverine , there is no other way to describe him.

Old
10-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Great news.

Old
10-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Dagistitsyn

I'm so happy that Parros is almost symptom free. I was at the game and it was brutal to see. I thought his career might be done, but I was expecting a broken jaw along with a serious concussion. I hope he can make a full recovery and keep fighting like he used too.

This sounds like ******** but the night before the game I had a dream of Parros getting KO'd laying face down on the ice. Seeing that happen really bothered me a LOT more than it should have. Took a couple days to even sink in that it actually happened.

I wonder how much / if at all it will affect him. Coming from Florida and their 10 fans you know he was looking to make a statement that night. Getting KO'd first game in front of all the home fans and new teammates has gotta be embarrassing / tough.

Old
10-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Gros Bonhomme
Benoit Brunet #1 Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Gros Bonhomme
Quote:
I wonder how much / if at all it will affect him. Coming from Florida and their 10 fans you know he was looking to make a statement that night. Getting KO'd first game in front of all the home fans and new teammates has gotta be embarrassing / tough.
It was just a freak accident and i'm sure 99.99% of those who follow hockey know that. The guy will be back and the crowd will cheer for him even louder than when he had the torch on opening night. I don't think he feels embarassed at all and he shouldn't either. The city has his back.

Old
10-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bonhomme View Post
It was just a freak accident and i'm sure 99.99% of those who follow hockey know that. The guy will be back and the crowd will cheer for him even louder than when he had the torch on opening night. I don't think he feels embarassed at all and he shouldn't either. The city has his back.

Maybe not embarrassed...but I am sure his pride was hurt a little. I think Dagistitsyn is right when he says that Parros certainly wanted to show the fans (not to mention teammates and organisation) that he comes as advertised....and more.

I really felt for the guy and it just made me respect him more for sacrificing himself like that. Glad he will be ok, and I cant wait to have him back, simply because of the psychological boost he will bring to the team.

Old
10-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Woot!

@Dave_Stubbs:
like i said, he'd be back within the month

its not surprising to see a guy who FIGHTS for a living, taking shots to the chin, wouldnt be "used" to something like this happening to them, its not like hes freaking out and wondering what happened to him

its really good to hear tho either way

Old
10-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Mrb1p

Good on Parros... If I was him, knowing what concussions do to you and having experienced them, I'd take a serious look with my Doctor before hoping back in the fight.

Old
10-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Dean Ambrose
Just a little crazy

vCash: 133
Figured Parros' injury looked worse than it actually was. The news is tremendous. No rush obviously, but the thought of him returning soon is awesome if it can happen.

Old
10-09-2013, 06:23 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
I'm so happy that Parros is almost symptom free. I was at the game and it was brutal to see. I thought his career might be done, but I was expecting a broken jaw along with a serious concussion. I hope he can make a full recovery and keep fighting like he used too.

This sounds like ******** but the night before the game I had a dream of Parros getting KO'd laying face down on the ice. Seeing that happen really bothered me a LOT more than it should have. Took a couple days to even sink in that it actually happened.

You should not be allowed to sleep the night before all Habs games.

Old
10-10-2013, 04:07 AM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

The Parros - Prust - Moen line actually was very good against Toronto.

Hope he's back full force come November!

Old
10-10-2013, 05:50 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Great news about Parros! Hopefully he lays down the hammer of justice on Bruins, Leafs and that pos Kaleta soon

Old
10-10-2013, 02:47 PM
Blanka

Hope Parros is doing well. All the best.

Old
10-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

Colton Orr is not to blame, bad situation and the amount of respect that Orr showed when he realized George was hurt, thumbs up.

Old
10-13-2013, 10:52 AM
Lshap

Any updates on Emelin and Murray?

Last I heard, Emelin was skating as of the end of September. Is he progressing?

Haven't heard a word about Murray since his most-recent injury was reported. Any news?

Old
10-13-2013, 11:00 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

They said maybe early Dec for Emelin.

Old
10-13-2013, 11:06 AM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Enforcer View Post
Colton Orr is not to blame, bad situation and the amount of respect that Orr showed when he realized George was hurt, thumbs up.
**** that piece of **** Colton Orr.

Old
10-13-2013, 11:20 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
**** that piece of **** Colton Orr.
I would normally agree, but that night, the incident in my eyes was more a bad luck scenario for Parros...2 guys swinging for the fences, and lost balance, and Parros received the worst...

Old
10-13-2013, 11:22 AM
25get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Enforcer View Post
Is this the same guy who went after Gionta and sucker punch Bourque while he still had his gloves on?

What did you expect from him: to continue to punch Parros while he was on the ground KO?

Closed Thread