HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk IX

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2013, 05:56 AM
  #626
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
WIlson
Hertl
Teruvainen
Vasilevski


I think in about 5 years we will see all 4 of those players doing well and wishing atleast one would have dropped to us.
In about 5 years Laughton will also be doing well.

Curufinwe is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 07:11 AM
  #627
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
In about 5 years Laughton will also be doing well.
Ill be surprised if he's on the same level as those guys.

That being said I am kinda unhappy right now....wanted the Flyers to get Hertl sooo bad. Was his biggest promoter on these boards. EASILY saw the skill.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 07:51 AM
  #628
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,160
vCash: 500
Hertl was picked three spots earlier than the Flyers 2012 draft position so it's not like they passed on him. And has Vasilevski looked better than Stolarz so far?

I can't get too upset about stuff like that when they took Kevin Marshall two spots ahead of PK Subban in 2007.

Curufinwe is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 08:02 AM
  #629
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
Hertl was picked three spots earlier than the Flyers 2012 draft position so it's not like they passed on him. And has Vasilevski looked better than Stolarz so far?

I can't get too upset about stuff like that when they took Kevin Marshall two spots ahead of PK Subban in 2007.
Not saying they passed on him at all. Him and Teuvo are two i wanted badly and was disappointed when they were taken.

Vasilevski is a 19 yr old in the KHL and playing great. I dont take him at 20 though.

5 years from now I think its going to be between Laughton and Maata.

sa cyred is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 08:05 AM
  #630
flyershockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,606
vCash: 50
What a brutal draft for North American skaters in comparison to other years.

flyershockey is online now  
Old
10-09-2013, 08:58 AM
  #631
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,294
vCash: 500
Hertl's goal was pretty sick but I'm not so sure that's a kind of move you pull in blowout.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 09:22 AM
  #632
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Came here to post this.

What a moron

Although, our star player hurt himself playing golf...not much better
Eric Desjardins had his forearm shattered by his own son while playing catch....Phillies could use the kid in the bullpen. He must be grown up now..

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 09:56 AM
  #633
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,625
vCash: 50
How did Neal hurt it? Falling on the ice while playing, or just swinging? Freak injuries can happen, and I hate James Neal, but if he pulled something while just swinging a wiffle ball bat, I don't see how people can get pissed at him.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
10-09-2013, 09:59 AM
  #634
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,625
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Hertl's goal was pretty sick but I'm not so sure that's a kind of move you pull in blowout.
For sure, I can't hate that move though. Absolutely nasty. However, if he pulled that against the Flyers, I'd expect Rosehill or Rinaldo to collect his teeth.

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
10-09-2013, 10:17 AM
  #635
Curufinwe
Registered User
 
Curufinwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 7,160
vCash: 500
If making a skill move to score a goal justifies violence then there's something wrong with the sport.

Curufinwe is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 10:22 AM
  #636
OgbertTheNerd
what
 
OgbertTheNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
For sure, I can't hate that move though. Absolutely nasty. However, if he pulled that against the Flyers, I'd expect Rosehill or Rinaldo to collect his teeth.
I didn't finish watching the highlights and thought you guys were talking about Hertl's second goal and was wondering what the big deal was. Upon your comment I re-watched the highlights; wow, 9 - 2. Sheesh, that's brutal.

That move was really nice and I don't really have a problem with it. If it was Giroux we would've loved it. And anyway it was against the Rangers (though now I'm scared imagining what the Sharks would do to the Flyers).

OgbertTheNerd is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 10:24 AM
  #637
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
If making a skill move to score a goal justifies violence then there's something wrong with the sport.
The game was already over at that point. The players just want to get out there, their effort level is down & nobody likes getting showed up.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 10:34 AM
  #638
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,625
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
I didn't finish watching the highlights and thought you guys were talking about Hertl's second goal and was wondering what the big deal was. Upon your comment I re-watched the highlights; wow, 9 - 2. Sheesh, that's brutal.

That move was really nice and I don't really have a problem with it. If it was Giroux we would've loved it. And anyway it was against the Rangers (though now I'm scared imagining what the Sharks would do to the Flyers).
For sure I agree, I wasn't advocating hurting the guy, I'm saying guys like Rinaldo and Rosehill would probably not take too kindly to it.

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
10-09-2013, 10:40 AM
  #639
OgbertTheNerd
what
 
OgbertTheNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
For sure I agree, I wasn't advocating hurting the guy, I'm saying guys like Rinaldo and Rosehill would probably not take too kindly to it.
Yea, I'm sure some of the Rangers' players wanted blood after that. No one likes being humiliated.

OgbertTheNerd is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 11:10 AM
  #640
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 7,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
If making a skill move to score a goal justifies violence then there's something wrong with the sport.
Seriously. Collecting teeth because your own team is too pathetic to neutralize a threat? Give me a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
Yea, I'm sure some of the Rangers' players wanted blood after that. No one likes being humiliated.
They had the power to not be humiliated in the first place. If you're going to play to the level where the other team is going to embarrass you, well, then you deserve to be embarrassed. As simple as that. No reason for Hertl to not pull that move. If he doesn't, then he likely doesn't score. If he doesn't score, then he's further away from his performance bonuses.

I'm disturbed that such a significant portion of fans around the league are upset at that play...

hockeyfreak7 is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 11:14 AM
  #641
OgbertTheNerd
what
 
OgbertTheNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,038
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
They had the power to not be humiliated in the first place. If you're going to play to the level where the other team is going to embarrass you, well, then you deserve to be embarrassed. As simple as that. No reason for Hertl to not pull that move. If he doesn't, then he likely doesn't score. If he doesn't score, then he's further away from his performance bonuses.

I'm disturbed that such a significant portion of fans around the league are upset at that play...
Oh, I agree 100%. I was just saying that I'm sure the Rangers were humiliated and would've loved to punch Hertl in the teeth.

OgbertTheNerd is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 12:28 PM
  #642
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,625
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Seriously. Collecting teeth because your own team is too pathetic to neutralize a threat? Give me a break.



They had the power to not be humiliated in the first place. If you're going to play to the level where the other team is going to embarrass you, well, then you deserve to be embarrassed. As simple as that. No reason for Hertl to not pull that move. If he doesn't, then he likely doesn't score. If he doesn't score, then he's further away from his performance bonuses.

I'm disturbed that such a significant portion of fans around the league are upset at that play...
Not on this forum. I don't care at all. I was just speculating about how guys have a ton of pride and when someone even looks like they are showing them up (which I don't think was Hertl's intention) it gets at them to a point of anger and vengeance. Would you agree?

JDinkalage Morgoone is online now  
Old
10-09-2013, 12:36 PM
  #643
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,279
vCash: 500


Look at the names of the videos.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
10-09-2013, 12:44 PM
  #644
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alexandria
Country: Liberia
Posts: 36,868
vCash: 156
I love NHL.com.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 12:45 PM
  #645
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,986
vCash: 500
That is by far the very best pun NHL.com has ever thrown out to the masses.

Today, NHL.com has turned me into a believer.

CS is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 12:46 PM
  #646
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 30,707
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post


Look at the names of the videos.
caught the end of the game when I got home from work and they mentioned the TMNT thing. too funny.
that was one disgusting goal.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 03:27 PM
  #647
Appleyard
Registered User
 
Appleyard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manc/Shef/Utrecht
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 5,340
vCash: 165
Sergei Fedorov just un-retired apparently.

Now he would look good on our 3rd line!

Appleyard is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 04:11 PM
  #648
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,150
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Sergei Fedorov just un-retired apparently.

Now he would look good on our 3rd line!
Centers. We must acquire all of them!

King Forsberg is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 06:56 PM
  #649
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 13,957
vCash: 955
Can't take credit for finding it, but Luongo tweeted this today:

Quote:
I sure hope someone doesn't Hertl my feelings tomorrow.... #YES #NAILEDIT

__________________
I deride your truth handling abilities
CanadianFlyer88 is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 07:56 PM
  #650
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OgbertTheNerd View Post
Yea, I'm sure some of the Rangers' players wanted blood after that. No one likes being humiliated.
If you can't beat em, kick the ball into the woods, right? Haha

orange is better is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.