HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Sharks: The LOL Edition

View Poll Results: POTG
Richards 19 20.65%
Dorsett 3 3.26%
Tomas Malik 70 76.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2013, 03:09 PM
  #376
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
are all dekes hot dogging to you? Or just especially effective ones? Pavel Datsyuk humiliates goaltenders regularly, should someone "give him a beating?" What world do you live in that giving someone a beating is a rational response to a high-skill move?
The world in which there's absolutely no need for that move in an 8-2 drubbing.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:14 PM
  #377
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
are there other moves like "that move?" If he just juked Biron and scored, would that have been ok? Is the problem here that it was such an incredibly rare deke, that it comes across as flashy?

I'm not being intentionally dense, I find this mindset to be so bizarre, especially given the anecdote I provided earlier.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:16 PM
  #378
Aufheben
Global Moderator
#planttheparade2015
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 15,807
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Ok, why would it be different?
You don't see the difference between a slap shot and pulling a circus move in an 8-2 (Where Hertl already had a hat trick)? It doesn't piss me off, I thought it was hilarious, but that was the definition of "hot dogging".

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:21 PM
  #379
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 13,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
The world in which there's absolutely no need for that move in an 8-2 drubbing.
We deserved it. Did it sting watching it? Sure...but thats part of the game my friend.

At the same time, it was also ****ing awesome to see a player pull that off.

I am hockey fan, and that was a sick play. End of the story.

nevesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:21 PM
  #380
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
You don't see the difference between a slap shot and pulling a circus move in an 8-2 (Where Hertl already had a hat trick)?
Of course I do. Between the legs from the point would be awfully low-percentage. It's hardly a circus shot. Players rarely ever use it, but Datsyuk
s little fade-away with a lofted-puck is much more circus shot than between the legs. I mean, players are doing that stuff all the time these days. Scoring a goal is scoring a goal. I would assume 100% Hertl wanted 4 goals more than anything else. He found himself with the time and space to use a normally low-percentage shot, but due to it's unexpectedness it becomes much higher percentage.

If he did it into an empty net, that's showboating, and humiliating. But on a goaltender, it's just an excellent decision, if it goes in.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:22 PM
  #381
ECL
Very slippery slope
 
ECL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Middle America
Country: United States
Posts: 78,850
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
The world in which there's absolutely no need for that move in an 8-2 drubbing.
Exactly. It was a ********* move by a guy who doesn't know better, yet. We deserved to be further embarrassed, but it doesn't change the fact that it was a ********* move.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
I still think there should be a section of people at MSG behind the visiting bench, in curly wigs, and dark rimmed glasses, calling themselves the Pidtophiles. - Zamboner
ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:24 PM
  #382
sark76
HFBoards Sponsor
 
sark76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pripyat Marshes
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
are there other moves like "that move?".
Yes and they happen during the all-star challenge, usually when AO is wearing giant retro sunglasses and a foam cowboy hat.

sark76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:29 PM
  #383
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 17,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
We deserved it. Did it sting watching it? Sure...but thats part of the game my friend.

At the same time, it was also ****ing awesome to see a player pull that off.

I am hockey fan, and that was a sick play. End of the story.
I'm a Hockey fan as well. Been watching and playing a looooong time.

It's called respecting your opponent.

It was a great goal. Not going to take that away from him.

but he would have had to answer for it.

That's how I learned the game.

And furhter, had I done that to an opponent when I was younger playing this game, my coach would haev benched me.

Score is out of reach, no need to show guys up.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:36 PM
  #384
theJUMPER
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 913
vCash: 500
waaaah he should've gomez'd it into the center of biron's chest. waaah

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:40 PM
  #385
Parker
Registered User
 
Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
What a pleasure watching a 19 year old clown us for four goals while our top prospects like Kreider and McIlbust are down in the AHL looking mediocre. Feeling pretty bad about the future of this organization right now.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:40 PM
  #386
Jim Ramsay
Registered User
 
Jim Ramsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Warwick, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 527
vCash: 500
I have absolutely no problem with the goal that was scored, coming from that direction at the net it was a very effective way of scoring a goal....the kid was riding high last night...Its not his fault the rangers had given up, do people really expect that when he received the puck in that position he should have just flipped it into Biron's chest and try not to score?

It's absolutely disgusting that the rangers didn't provide a response to at least settle the kid down a little bit and think twice about doing it again. THAT is the part that was really aggravating about the whole sequence.

Jim Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:44 PM
  #387
sark76
HFBoards Sponsor
 
sark76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pripyat Marshes
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ramsay View Post
It's absolutely disgusting that the rangers didn't provide a response to at least settle the kid down a little bit and think twice about doing it again. THAT is the part that was really aggravating about the whole sequence.
yeah and I think that's whats bothering most people.

sark76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:47 PM
  #388
Shady Machine
Registered User
 
Shady Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 15,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
yeah, ok. He was hot dogging and deserved a beating. No respect and someone should have taught him to have some.
He deserved a beating for being good at scoring a goal in hockey where the point is to score goals? It's not like he talked **** or did some showboating celebration. He made a sick move and the puck went in the net. Get over it.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:47 PM
  #389
Leidi J
Registered User
 
Leidi J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Grd Rapids, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,900
vCash: 500
Hey,

I realize that the mere presence of a sharks fan over here right now might not be met with the most pleasantry, but hear me out. Or ignore me if you feel like it :]

I just wanted to say that after watching some of the postgame interviews and stuff you have some of the classiest players i've seen. So used to the whining and complaining of certain and excuse making from other teams out here in the west *coughnuckscough* it was extremely refreshing to hear what the rangers had to say in the face of a tough postgame situation. I have always really like Ryan Callahan, one of my favorite non-sharks, and he seems like a great guy to have as your captain, it's obvious that you have some real leadership in the room and I'm certain you guys will see a turn around. And King Henrik! What a classy guy. It really is a shame that as a fan out west, I really havent seen as much of him play as I would like (mostly just playoffs).

I wish you guys all the best for the rest of the year (except when we come to MSG or should we meet in the SCF, then all bets are off ). I hope your team comes out and demolishes the ducks, there's nothing I love better than seeing the ducks get their faces kicked in (well maybe four goals from a rookie, but you know...). I also hope for good news regarding Rick Nash for you all, and a speedy recovery should it be worse than expected. Also, thanks for (mostly) being friendly and classy before the game here and after on the main boards. For the most part I didn't see the crazy bitterness from rangers fans that I did from petty fan bases like the oilers (they are really really really bitter over there wow) even though if anyone had a reason to be in a foul mood, no one would probably blame you. Anyways, I hope to enjoy future conversations with you all throughout the year and good luck going forward!

Leidi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:51 PM
  #390
Shady Machine
Registered User
 
Shady Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 15,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Exactly. It was a ********* move by a guy who doesn't know better, yet. We deserved to be further embarrassed, but it doesn't change the fact that it was a ********* move.
What defines a ****** move? Is there a committee that determines which moves are acceptable and which aren't? What does he need to "know better"? None of this makes any sense.

By the way, I am a Pens fan but not here to troll. I have no disdain for the Rangers nor do I talk any pleasure in watching them lose 9-2. I just am confused at how any rational human being could look at that play and get pissed at the guy. Be pissed at your team for mailing it in.


Last edited by Shady Machine: 10-09-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:54 PM
  #391
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 13,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
What a pleasure watching a 19 year old clown us for four goals while our top prospects like Kreider and McIlbust are down in the AHL looking mediocre. Feeling pretty bad about the future of this organization right now.
Same here man...you couldn't be more right though.

nevesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:55 PM
  #392
sark76
HFBoards Sponsor
 
sark76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pripyat Marshes
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Be pissed at your team for mailing it in.
Trust me...that's something you need not lose any sleep over.

sark76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 03:56 PM
  #393
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 19,598
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
What a pleasure watching a 19 year old clown us for four goals while our top prospects like Kreider and McIlbust are down in the AHL looking mediocre. Feeling pretty bad about the future of this organization right now.
lol'd, McIlbust.

Stepan scored a hat trick in his first game.

While I'm not exactly hopeful for all of our prospects to pan out or turn in to something special, it could be a lot worse.

__________________


rip
DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 04:02 PM
  #394
iamitter
Thornton's Hen
 
iamitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigPAVELSKI View Post
Hey,

I realize that the mere presence of a sharks fan over here right now might not be met with the most pleasantry, but hear me out. Or ignore me if you feel like it :]

I just wanted to say that after watching some of the postgame interviews and stuff you have some of the classiest players i've seen. So used to the whining and complaining of certain and excuse making from other teams out here in the west *coughnuckscough* it was extremely refreshing to hear what the rangers had to say in the face of a tough postgame situation. I have always really like Ryan Callahan, one of my favorite non-sharks, and he seems like a great guy to have as your captain, it's obvious that you have some real leadership in the room and I'm certain you guys will see a turn around. And King Henrik! What a classy guy. It really is a shame that as a fan out west, I really havent seen as much of him play as I would like (mostly just playoffs).

I wish you guys all the best for the rest of the year (except when we come to MSG or should we meet in the SCF, then all bets are off ). I hope your team comes out and demolishes the ducks, there's nothing I love better than seeing the ducks get their faces kicked in (well maybe four goals from a rookie, but you know...). I also hope for good news regarding Rick Nash for you all, and a speedy recovery should it be worse than expected. Also, thanks for (mostly) being friendly and classy before the game here and after on the main boards. For the most part I didn't see the crazy bitterness from rangers fans that I did from petty fan bases like the oilers (they are really really really bitter over there wow) even though if anyone had a reason to be in a foul mood, no one would probably blame you. Anyways, I hope to enjoy future conversations with you all throughout the year and good luck going forward!
Thanks, good luck to you, too. No idea why you wouldn't be warmly received, all you had to say were nice things. The game was embarrassing to our players and they deserved what they got and will hopefully learn and move on.

iamitter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 04:08 PM
  #395
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 19,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigPAVELSKI View Post
Hey,

I realize that the mere presence of a sharks fan over here right now might not be met with the most pleasantry, but hear me out. Or ignore me if you feel like it :]

I just wanted to say that after watching some of the postgame interviews and stuff you have some of the classiest players i've seen. So used to the whining and complaining of certain and excuse making from other teams out here in the west *coughnuckscough* it was extremely refreshing to hear what the rangers had to say in the face of a tough postgame situation. I have always really like Ryan Callahan, one of my favorite non-sharks, and he seems like a great guy to have as your captain, it's obvious that you have some real leadership in the room and I'm certain you guys will see a turn around. And King Henrik! What a classy guy. It really is a shame that as a fan out west, I really havent seen as much of him play as I would like (mostly just playoffs).

I wish you guys all the best for the rest of the year (except when we come to MSG or should we meet in the SCF, then all bets are off ). I hope your team comes out and demolishes the ducks, there's nothing I love better than seeing the ducks get their faces kicked in (well maybe four goals from a rookie, but you know...). I also hope for good news regarding Rick Nash for you all, and a speedy recovery should it be worse than expected. Also, thanks for (mostly) being friendly and classy before the game here and after on the main boards. For the most part I didn't see the crazy bitterness from rangers fans that I did from petty fan bases like the oilers (they are really really really bitter over there wow) even though if anyone had a reason to be in a foul mood, no one would probably blame you. Anyways, I hope to enjoy future conversations with you all throughout the year and good luck going forward!
Thanks. I went to a Sharks game at the garden 4 years ago (almost to the day). It was a miserable game. We got up up 2-0 quickly and ended up losing 7-3. The sharks fan that sat next to me was the classiest fan of an opposing team in this type of situation that I've seen. I mean, the closest thing he came to trash talking was a joke he made after Jed Ortmeyer scored saying "all of our big scorers are scoring today". Anyway, there was a ******** Rangers fan who was an ass to him, photobombing a picture. But the Sharks fan himself was awesome.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 04:09 PM
  #396
Baby Punisher
Registered User
 
Baby Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,446
vCash: 500
The last time we got beat this bad that I can recall was Jagr's first game as a Ranger. I think it was an 8-2 loss.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 04:11 PM
  #397
JeffMangum
#corgi
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 59,228
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
The last time we got beat this bad that I can recall was Jagr's first game as a Ranger. I think it was an 8-2 loss.
The Rangers gave up 10 goals to Dallas in 2009.

How does no one remember that?

__________________
Soon.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 04:13 PM
  #398
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 19,840
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
The Rangers gave up 10 goals to Dallas in 2009.

How does no one remember that?
Also lost 9-2 to a mediocre Leafs team. Probably a worse game than last night. The score was 8-2 going into the third. I thankfully didn't watch the Dallas game.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 04:17 PM
  #399
Riche16
McCready guitar god
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
The Rangers gave up 10 goals to Dallas in 2009.

How does no one remember that?
I remember. Renney was gone shortly thereafter.

Problem is, this team just got their new coach so no such boost is coming.

These guys can't get up for their 3rd game with their new coach... BR talking about their "mindset" and how SJ came to play and they weren't ready for it.

If this was game 43 or 63 I get it. But the 3rd f-in game?! After stinking up the joint in Phoenix... sitting at .500 1-1 and they weren't ready?!

What the hell?!?!?!

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 04:19 PM
  #400
DMPD
Mats, Zuke of NY
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 19,598
vCash: 500
YOUNGEST TO SCORE 4 GOALS IN A GAME

1. Jack Hamilton, TOR (18 years, 185 days): Dec. 4, 1943 vs. NYR
2. Bobby Carpenter, WSH (18 years, 227 days): Feb. 25, 1982 vs. STL
3. Jimmy Carson, LA (19 years, 254 days): March 30, 1988 vs. CGY
4. Tomas Hertl, SJ (19 years, 330 days): Oct. 8, 2013 vs. NYR


DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.