HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Ellerby-Petrecki-Alzner

Old
12-01-2006, 10:20 AM
CBJSlash

vCash: 500
Ellerby-Petrecki-Alzner

It's never too early in CBJ land to look forward to the draft. I also think it is about time we go d-man in the first round and Ellerby-Petrecki-Alzner are the three names that I am seeing most often.

I want a big responsible d-man that has a booming shot from the point. I mean a booming shot. I'm tired of watching Adam Foote and Anders Eriksson on the point of the PP. Ideally a Phaneuf , Weber type of player.

Which of these 3 (or other dman) from this draft class has the best chance to reach this level? I need to develop my early draft mancrush.

Thanks.

CBJSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 10:26 AM
PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Alzner is the most offensive of the three you named, but I suspect that none of them will be NHL power-play quarterbacks. Petrecki and Ellerby are both very much defensive-minded, Adam Foote type players.

PuckheadMcGillycuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 02:20 PM
HFNHL Canadiens

if you want Columbus to go with a PP QB, maybe Mark Katic may be an option, he isn't very big, he doesn't have a boomng shot, but he has top knotch hockey sense, is a very talented passer and is one of the best skaters in the draft. Think a smaller poormans Scott Niedermayer.

HFNHL Canadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalchuk View Post
if you want Columbus to go with a PP QB, maybe Mark Katic may be an option, he isn't very big, he doesn't have a boomng shot, but he has top knotch hockey sense, is a very talented passer and is one of the best skaters in the draft. Think a smaller poormans Scott Niedermayer.
... like ... Kris Russell, say?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 03:34 PM
CBJSlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowalchuk View Post
I want a boomer. If he can play the PP that is an added bonus. Kris Russell will be with us soon.

CBJSlash is offline   Reply With Quote