HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What the HELL is going on with Henrik Lundqvist?

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2013, 03:23 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal 9000 View Post
AV's coaching style is gonna really test just how good Lundquist is. Personally, I think Hank is gonna regret helping Torts out of town.
I think Hank done with Rangers in his mind. That may effect his play more than anything. He asked himself Is This The Team? And the answer was NO. This team is due for reBuild in af ew years. Not a good time to change the coach. I hated Torts and even do now, but he must have stayed at the helm simply because when new guy makes this team his, the season could be gone astray. The window is closing on Rangers and Lundqvist knows that. Can he be traded? Sure, but not for Malkin straight like it would be 2 seasons ago. By playing like he does he could reduce his value even more. May be he is up to that idea under conciously... I think he is.
He loves it in NY and he doesn't want to leave a moment sooner than he himself decides to do it. Plus, he may stay by leaving Rangers. Islanders have team that has been rebuilt, they need a goalie next season when they are done with Nabokov. Manhattan would still be his. Short distance to Barclays from.

Last edited by 94now: 10-09-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old
10-09-2013, 03:30 PM
Richter Scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
believe I read something that Lundqvists save % was .865 after 10 games last year...

not worried yet
Hate to break it to ya, but thats not true. Not once in the past 5 seasons has Lundqvist had a save % even below .900 after the first 10 games.

The closest he came to that number you threw out there was 0.899 after the first 8 games last year. He has typically had a few real stinkers mixed in the first 10-15 games -- but it hasn't been consistent enough for his numbers to be that bad.

You're right that its not time to hit the panic button yet. But it'll have me more than worried if he's still looking like this in several games. He always starts slow in that he is inconsistent and his play fluctuates until he gets in the groove. But what has me worried right now is that it sure feels like he is struggling and fighting it a lot more than he normally does -- and that it isn't just inconsistency... he's been pretty consistently looking like that throughout the preseason and the first 3 games (to me at least). Will have to wait and see.

Old
10-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I think Hank done with Rangers in his mind. That may effect his play more than anything. He asked himself Is This The Team? And the answer was NO. This team is due for reBuild in af ew years. Not a good time to change the coach. I hated Torts and even do now, but he must have stayed at the helm simply because when new guy makes this team his, the season could be gone astray. The window is closing on Rangers and Lundqvist knows that. Can he be traded? Sure, but not for Malkin straight like it would be 2 seasons ago. By playing like he does he could reduce his value even more. May be he is up to that idea under conciously... I think he is.
He loves it in NY and he doesn't want to leave a moment sooner than he himself decides to do it. Plus, he may stay by leaving Rangers. Islanders have team that has been rebuilt, they need a goalie next season when they are done with Nabokov. Manhattan would still be his. Short distance to Barclays from.
Islanders are not Henrik away from a Cup.

Henrik would go to somewhere it's almost sure thing to win a cup if he signs there.

10-09-2013, 04:10 PM
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

Two games into the season, throw Hank under the bus.

Classic.

Old
10-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Can we please change this topic? "Henrik Lundqvist" is enough.

It makes me sick to think the joy in the fans of other teams that some Rangers fans actually think the pads will effect him

Its what they want to hear

Its music to their ears

Old
10-09-2013, 04:18 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
He is Tukka's backup after Khudobin left. 26 or 27 y/o. BOS GM ain't dummy.
This is the most underrated post of this thread

Old
10-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Jim Ramsay

I'm not going to look up stats to try and prove my point, but from what I remember it seems Lundqvist always has a really terrible first 5 games of the season every year and then he finds his groove.

His reaction seems slow and his rebound control has been shakey, but I think by game 6 or 7 he'll be back to being Lundqvist again.

Old
10-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post

It makes me sick to think the joy in the fans of other teams that some Rangers fans actually think the pads will effect him

Its music to their ears
This.

Old
10-09-2013, 06:04 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:

Its music to their ears
Dude relax, its just a message board. Do you really get bent out of shape over what internet strangers are thinking about a message board thread title?

Old
10-09-2013, 06:10 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
The lack of defense and effort by the team in front of him makes it impossible to tell if Henke's affected by the pad change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
2. He should NOT be traded. Period. Whether he re-signs with the Rangers or not.
IDK about that. The Rangers have been looking more like the Bluejackets then the Blueshirts, Nash trying to beat the opposition one on five while everyone else is getting burned defensively. If the Rangers are tanked by mid-season I firesale the squad, blow it up and start over.

Old
10-09-2013, 06:13 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Dude relax, its just a message board. Do you really get bent out of shape over what internet strangers are thinking about a message board thread title?
It shows weakness.

Old
10-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
The lack of defense and effort by the team in front of him makes it impossible to tell if Henke's affected by the pad change.

IDK about that. The Rangers have been looking more like the Bluejackets then the Blueshirts, Nash trying to beat the opposition one on five while everyone else is getting burned defensively. If the Rangers are tanked by mid-season I firesale the squad, blow it up and start over.
I'd only be OK with this if Sather was gone.

---

This team is going to make the playoffs if their key players remain healthy, and with Hank in net. But beyond that, I don't know. Over a 7 game series I can't see them beating a Boston/LA/Chicago. That isn't me being pessimistic, I am just trying to be realistic.

Old
10-09-2013, 06:42 PM
McD27

If you are slats, would you offer him $8 or $9 mio for 7 or 8 years at this moment? If he waits, he risk pissing henrik off. If he doesn't and henrik for whatever reasons tanks then we are screwed cap-wise for many years to come.

Old
10-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by McD27 View Post
If you are slats, would you offer him $8 or $9 mio for 7 or 8 years at this moment? If he waits, he risk pissing henrik off. If he doesn't and henrik for whatever reasons tanks then we are screwed cap-wise for many years to come.
I'd offer him 7.5 for 5 years.

Old
10-09-2013, 07:14 PM
shinchanyo

Quote:
It shows weakness.
This made me laugh. Caught me completely offguard

Old
10-09-2013, 07:23 PM
Crease

Quote:
Do you genuinely think this is what we're going to get from Lundqvist going forward because of a haircut off the top of his leg pads? Or did you choose the thread title just to incite reaction?

Old
10-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Green Blob*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Do you genuinely think this is what we're going to get from Lundqvist going forward because of a haircut off the top of his leg pads? Or did you choose the thread title just to incite reaction?
I dont know. Right now im worried. It was much more than a little trim off the top of the pads. And its showing early on.

Old
10-09-2013, 09:02 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
I dont know. Right now im worried. It was much more than a little trim off the top of the pads. And its showing early on.
It wasn't. I believe it was 2" off the rise on each leg pad. And I don't recall him giving up more than maybe 1 five-hole goal, throughout the three games.

Last edited by SERE 24: 10-09-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old
10-09-2013, 09:26 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
How many pucks have gone in through his 5-hole?

Old
10-09-2013, 10:19 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

The defensive display shown last night was absolutely abysmal. It looked like a 10 minute PP out there for that stretch. Biron comes in and gives up 2 right away, yet it's Hank's fault? Something was clearly wrong that wasn't the goalie. This forum is hilarious. Three games in and we're throwing our franchise player on the bus and already questioning his future contract. If we're 20 games in and we still see these mistakes, then it's time to worry. Not three games for crying out loud.

Old
10-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Aufheben
The jam must flow...

vCash: 130
He doesn't look confident, I don't think that has anything to do with the pads. Oh, and if the defense remembers they're New York Rangers and not Kirkcaldy Kestrels, that might help.

Old
10-09-2013, 10:29 PM
NYR2007

Lundqvist is the least of the rangers problems.

Old
10-09-2013, 10:41 PM
someone stole hank
Geno's and Apples

personally I think he has his contract on his mind. and also give him time to get hot

Old
10-10-2013, 01:49 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
How many pucks have gone in through his 5-hole?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Pilot 76 View Post
It wasn't. I believe it was 2" off the rise on each leg pad. And I don't recall him giving up more than maybe 1 five-hole goal, throughout the three games.
Thank you.
Some cold hard facts in middle of hysteria.

Old
10-10-2013, 02:27 AM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

People really don't think it's the pads, do they? Come on.

He looks unfocused, uncomfortable and like he's fighting the puck. All things that happen after a goalie goes a few months without playing games (while having contract negotiations weighing on his mind at that). If I remember correctly, Hank typically limps out of the gate and takes a week or two to begin to round into form. Throw in the fact that our defense looks ******, what with transitioning to a new system and all, and I don't find it that strange that he is having a bumpy start.

But please, don't perpetuate the myth that Hank was only a good goalie because of his pads. Please. There are limitations and regulations to pad size, this isn't 2002 anymore. Hanks pads have always been legal. Plus everything is the same size, except for the thigh rise on the pads. It's not like they changed the width of the pads and made the gloves smaller (like they did a few years ago, which Hank adjusted to fine). Hank wasn't a product of big pads. People only think that because he is very positionally sound and his style is that of conservation of movement. Put yourself in the best position to stop the puck while expending the least amount of energy possible. Throw in the fact that on top of that, Hank has unreal reflexes, instincts and is crazy athletic...it was never the pads.

Henrik Lundqvist will be fine.

Closed Thread