Notices

Kings are on the market!

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Safir*

vCash: 500
Kings are on the market!

There's a thread over on the main trade board.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=42218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby
Anyone on the roster can go except for Frolov, Belanger, Visnovsky Brown and Gleason.

Aaron Miller when he returns could be invaluable as a 2nd pair defensive d-man. Has playoff experience and was a member of the 2002 US Olympic team.

Mattias Norstrom, great defensive d-man, playoff experience, good leader, a true warrior.

Jaroslav Modry, solid offensive d-man, well liked by his teammates. Could be a solid veteran presence to a mid range contender.
I would like the Thrashers to go after Modry. Another PP Quarterback to balance out our PP (aside from Kaberle)

Miller is another chance, but I believe that his contract is too high.

Norstrom would be way to expensive.

Anway. Do you like the idea of trying to trade with the Kings? If so, what would/ should we give up for them?

Let's hear some opinions!

Old
01-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomACE
There's a thread over on the main trade board.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=42218

I would like the Thrashers to go after Modry. Another PP Quarterback to balance out our PP (aside from Kaberle)

Miller is another chance, but I believe that his contract is too high.

Norstrom would be way to expensive.

Anway. Do you like the idea of trying to trade with the Kings? If so, what would/ should we give up for them?

Let's hear some opinions!
Does Modry play good D?. We could definately use another good d-man as long as they're good in their own zone, therefore I would prefer Norstrom and Miller over Modry. I know that Dave Taylor is a fan of Patrik Stefan since his days playing at long beach so maybe we could offer Stefan plus a d man (Tamer/Tremblay/Tjarnqvist) and a draft pick for Modry/Miller/Norstrom and Josef Stumpel.

Old
01-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
Does Modry play good D?
Not especially. Although last I checked, he was a plus player.

Old
01-12-2004, 08:53 AM
thrashers77

vCash:
[QUOTE= I know that Dave Taylor is a fan of Patrik Stefan since his days playing at long beach so maybe we could offer Stefan plus a d man (Tamer/Tremblay/Tjarnqvist) and a draft pick for Modry/Miller/Norstrom and Josef Stumpel.[/QUOTE]

Are you ********** stupid? Stefan is a 1st rounder and a player in development, why shall we trade him, a d-man and a pick for stumpel(old slovak) and modry/miller/norstrom. That would be giving away maybe a to-be 1# center for us. A crime!!!!!!!!!!!

A fair deal would be like Franti and a 5th rounder vs Modry and a 4th rounder, duh............ we must not give away Stefan for anyone but a NHL top center!

Old
01-12-2004, 09:10 AM
ihatenewjersey

if the thrash can make one move that can hold them off till danny gets back then, make it

Old
01-12-2004, 09:21 AM
btn
Gone Hollywood

If you hate Tremblay, chances are you will hate Modry too. He is a very frustrating player to watch.

Old
01-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Vyacheslav
That one guy

Send a message via AIM to Vyacheslav
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashers77
That would be giving away maybe a to-be 1# center for us. A crime!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you really think Stefan may someday be a number one NHL center? It's not like he was drafted two years ago. I probably wouldn't want Stumpel for Stefan, but that's mostly because of his age and potential cost.

Old
01-13-2004, 06:43 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashers77
A fair deal would be like Franti and a 5th rounder vs Modry and a 4th rounder, duh............ we must not give away Stefan for anyone but a NHL top center!
Nope, no fair deal t77.
The Kings would lose a 4th rounder and get a 5th rounder. They trade an offensive defenseman for another offensive defenseman and Modry's numbers were clearly better the last couple of years and as far as I know is Kaberle not a defensive stud either.

I've no knowledge about the contract status of Kaberle but Modry is a FA at the end of the season and I believe he makes around $900k, so keep in mind he wants a lot more after this season. The Kings could better keep Modry, at least with him we know whom we are dealing with.

Old
01-13-2004, 01:48 PM
wjsthrash

(Quote - Trasher77) That would be giving away maybe a to-be 1# center for us. A crime!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe to-be a good 3rd line center for us would be a little more accurate.

Old
01-14-2004, 12:44 AM
thrashers77

vCash:
3rd line center? nah, this kid still has potential. He hasnt developed into the player we all hoped he would, but still I think we should keep him, just in case. The thought of giving him away for stumpel is a loon thought, stumpel is pretty old and has a contract it would be unwise of us to have on the payroll.... Ok frolov, maybe a bit optimistic with the kaberle and modry thing, things were pretty out of hand, I was frustrated just of the thought that anyone wanted to trade Stefan for Stumpel. I do see potential in a trade with Kings though, many interesting players.

Old
01-17-2004, 06:30 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
I didn't know a thread on the trade board automatically puts Dave Taylor in firesale mode.

He's not going to trade anyone. He can't afford to, and the Kings are still only 2 points out, and they're still better than some of the team that have a playoff spot right now.

Closed Thread