HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: 3-4 (Colin Brown released, EJ out 4-6 weeks)

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2013, 01:22 PM
TouringReg

vCash: 500
Anyone from Toronto going to the game this Sunday and driving back right after? Ill be in town for the Pearl Jam show Saturday and need a lift back to Toronto after the football game. Can pay for your gas.

Old
10-08-2013, 02:34 PM
mgeise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
Thats what I'm thinking, Thad just looks like he'll adapt better to a read option offense than Tuel, who really is about the last guy I'd want running my read option.

Also, Matt Flynn released from Oakland. Does OBD give him a ring, or did he ruin his reputation in Oakland?

Hey mgeise, I just realized I've already been talking with you about this exact stuff on facebook I'm Luke
Oh hey man, great to see you on here! I figured I'd eventually run into someone I knew with my name as my last name.

I wouldn't mind seeing Flynn here, but it really seems like the Bills are going to run a read option offense with Manuel out, which Flynn can't run. The Pat White and Dennis Dixon additions completely reflect our theory.

Old
10-08-2013, 03:10 PM
jc17

vCash: 90
Thad better be able to run on sunday. you can find all of the bills quarterback's throws here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrMikeyMo16/videos . Its broken down by week.

After watching some of them Thad Lewis looks really innacurate. He looks fast like he could pull of a big play and it seems like he's got a big arm but makes some terrible throws.

From the videos he looks a lot worse than Tuel. Tuel had many throws dropped or broken up by really good coverage. I think he should have gotten another chance. I think to win, Lewis is going to need to run a lot and have a ton of luck. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm not too confident.

Old
10-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc17 View Post
I think to win, Lewis is going to need to run a lot and have a ton of luck. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm not too confident.
IMO, the plan here is to run Lewis a ton. I'm betting they go all out with the read option.

Last edited by Mit Yarrum: 10-08-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old
10-08-2013, 03:57 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
Tuel gave Moorman his # back http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...f-560970b69b80

At least the rook has some respect for the Bills MVP of the last decade
And Moorman sold his house to current ST Coordinator Danny Tressman, so now he's living in Rian Lindell's house which has yet to be sold

Old
10-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1663
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
And Moorman sold his house to current ST Coordinator Danny Tressman, so now he's living in Rian Lindell's house which has yet to be sold
JP Losman can move into Lindell's old house.

Old
10-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Maybe he will sell it to him?

But dumb signing. Guy can't do it no more

Old
10-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

You guys are crazy if you think they will win this game with THADDEUS

Old
10-08-2013, 06:00 PM
CraniumCram
cram it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTC Addict View Post
You guys are crazy if you think they will win this game with THADDEUS
No, I think they'll win this game because our defense (which happens to lead league in INTs, sacks, and tackles) will be as close to full strength as it as been all year, and we have one of the best run games in the league (3rd YPG @ 152). They're not going to put pressures on Thad to take chances. The Bengals are struggling offensively, so I think we have a great chance to continue that trend and take advantage of more turnovers. Marvin Lewis doesn't completely trust Dalton to make every throw, so I doubt or secondary is going to have a tough time, especially if Gilmore, Brooks, or Byrd play.

Old
10-08-2013, 06:44 PM
johnjm22

I went back and watched as much footage on Thad Lewis as I could find.

I don't think he's any worse than EJ. Somethings he does better, especially the read option. He's quicker all around too.

His short and intermediate throws have some nice zip on them.

Old
10-08-2013, 06:44 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
No, I think they'll win this game because our defense (which happens to lead league in INTs, sacks, and tackles) will be as close to full strength as it as been all year, and we have one of the best run games in the league (3rd YPG @ 152). They're not going to put pressures on Thad to take chances. The Bengals are struggling offensively, so I think we have a great chance to continue that trend and take advantage of more turnovers. Marvin Lewis doesn't completely trust Dalton to make every throw, so I doubt or secondary is going to have a tough time, especially if Gilmore, Brooks, or Byrd play.
Bengals defense are an enigma. Completely dominate Brady, but let Hoyer go crazy.

Old
10-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Takeo

Well if I'm able to get out of bed on Sunday morning after the Pearl Jam show, I'm going to the Bengals game. For better or worse. I will bring a magazine to read just in case.

Old
10-09-2013, 03:08 AM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Quote:
I agree. I think the defense has very good (think top 5) potential when healthy. I'd argue Buffalo wins the Cleveland game with a healthy Gilmore or Byrd, even with EJ going down. Jeff Tuel didn't lose the game; 3rd-and-longs did.

I'm not expecting a win this week, but I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled it off. Dalton definitely has Flacco potential and could toss 3-4 INTs, especially if the front four can shut down Cinci's run game. BJGE and Bernard are good, but not particularly frightening.

Old
10-09-2013, 06:38 AM
Digable5

I agree that Tuel didn't lose the game, but he did even less to win the game. He didn't pose a throwing or running threat.

I think starting Thad Lewis was the 2nd best possible solution to substituting for EJ. 1st being Josh Freeman. With Freeman out as an option, Thad is just as qualified from past experiences as Dixon and White but adds his knowledge of the playbook. I would be surprised to see him look like Manning throwing the ball, but he will make teams honest with the passing game. Between his threat to run and arm strength to throw it deep, he'll make the Bengals think before they load up the box to stop CJ and Fred.

I think he gives us the best POSSIBLE chance to win this Sunday. I truly believe the offense would have went no where with Tuel and we'll see if Thad is any better.

Old
10-09-2013, 08:14 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Bengals defense are an enigma. Completely dominate Brady, but let Hoyer go crazy.
It as only 17 points and I think there was a defensive score or atleast a play that setup one of the TDs. Hoyer had a geat game against Minny but he didn't light up the Bengals, media overhyped him.

Old
10-09-2013, 08:15 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
I agree that Tuel didn't lose the game, but he did even less to win the game. He didn't pose a throwing or running threat.

I think starting Thad Lewis was the 2nd best possible solution to substituting for EJ. 1st being Josh Freeman. With Freeman out as an option, Thad is just as qualified from past experiences as Dixon and White but adds his knowledge of the playbook. I would be surprised to see him look like Manning throwing the ball, but he will make teams honest with the passing game. Between his threat to run and arm strength to throw it deep, he'll make the Bengals think before they load up the box to stop CJ and Fred.

I think he gives us the best POSSIBLE chance to win this Sunday. I truly believe the offense would have went no where with Tuel and we'll see if Thad is any better.
What is so great about Josh Freeman?

Old
10-09-2013, 08:19 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
I'm not certain leading in tackles is a good thing. This means you play a lot of defensive snaps no?

I agree the offense is on a spiral but at the sametime their D is solid and just shutdown Brady. I can't picture the running game going wild(and tha is how they will have to win)their D is worlds better than Baltimore or the Jets though.

Old
10-09-2013, 11:54 AM
CraniumCram
cram it

Hey, maybe Thaddeus will actually plant his feet before deep throws and run out after getting 1st downs.

Old
10-09-2013, 12:08 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 1425
Coming down from Ottawa for the Bills game on Sunday. We are staying in Cheektowaga. What's the best way to get to the game and have time to enjoy the tailgate party?

Shuttles, etc?

Old
10-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Shoey
Hello.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat_sens View Post
Coming down from Ottawa for the Bills game on Sunday. We are staying in Cheektowaga. What's the best way to get to the game and have time to enjoy the tailgate party?

Shuttles, etc?

There's no public transit or anything to the stadium, especially from Cheektowaga. I'm not aware of any shuttles, but maybe your hotel could help point you into the right direction.

yes, we're all embarrassed about how hard it is to get to the stadium with anything but a car.

Old
10-09-2013, 12:21 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoey View Post
There's no public transit or anything to the stadium, especially from Cheektowaga. I'm not aware of any shuttles, but maybe your hotel could help point you into the right direction.

yes, we're all embarrassed about how hard it is to get to the stadium with anything but a car.
Yeah last year we stayed in downtown area and took a cab. Looks like we'll have to cab again. Any good bars-pubs to go to on Saturdays around Cheektowaga?

Thanks!

Old
10-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Digable5

Quote:
What is so great about Josh Freeman?
A 4,000 yard season and 2 seasons above 3,500. TD to INT seasons of:

18 to 6
22 to 5
17 to 8

60 NFL games played to Lewis, White and Dixon's combined 5 (?). I actually like the decision to start Thad, but I think for immediate success Freeman would have been the best possible option.

Old
10-09-2013, 08:11 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digable5 View Post
A 4,000 yard season and 2 seasons above 3,500. TD to INT seasons of:

18 to 6
22 to 5
17 to 8

60 NFL games played to Lewis, White and Dixon's combined 5 (?). I actually like the decision to start Thad, but I think for immediate success Freeman would have been the best possible option.
Agreed unquestionably.

Old
10-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Stats aren't everything, if they were Fitz would still be here, he's better than Freeman. Every time I have ever watched Freeman theres nothing to like, he looks rather overweight for a QB

Old
10-09-2013, 10:39 PM
whiplash

Quote:
Stats aren't everything, if they were Fitz would still be here, he's better than Freeman. Every time I have ever watched Freeman theres nothing to like, he looks rather overweight for a QB
Is there a emoticon?

I'm sorry, three seasons of

Yds TD INT
3400 - 24 - 16
3832 - 24 - 23
3000 - 23 - 15

is measurably better? Stats aren't worthless when they're that clear.
Freeman isn't the best but he's better than Fitz (coming from a guy who liked Fitz) and he's better than Thad. But we lost out on him. We did our due diligence and now we'll have to make it work with... with... Thadeus Lewis. That's just, great news

edit: there is!

Closed Thread