HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where's the Defense!- Habs lose 3-2

Old
10-09-2013, 11:15 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 50
The way the organization and media treat PK at times, namely the media, I wouldn't be surprised if he did leave eventually and play somewhere he'd be appreciated. It'd be a shame too, because he's a superstar as is and he still has learning and maturing to do, which will make him even better down the road.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I hope he was equally harsh with every other player who hit the ice today, as they were all worse than Subban with the possible exceptions of Price, Eller, Markov, and Gallagher.
Be that as it may, none of them took that penalty. Subban playing wonderful for the rest of the game isn't worth anything if he negates it with a penalty like that at the end.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
Serious question. What keeps a coach from benching a player? Like at what point is enough, enough? Eventually DD will score and validate himself being there. But it won't ever be enough for us. Why is it enough for a coach?

Same goes for Bouillon.

mitchmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Uhm... I don't know... maybe all of the DD bashing posts in a post-game topic, and all of those we saw every time the Habs were trailing.

I mean, I'm always amazed at the bashing this guy gets, no matter how some other players might be playing just as bad. Bourque was quite something to see tonight... Not for the good reasons.
He gets bashed because he brings nothing for the team so far this season..

But you're just lying saying that people are saying he is the lone reason why we lost today.

His line was better, but I didn't notice him that much. MaxPac had a lot of jump. DD and Briere were okay, no more.

People target DD because he's our worst top 9 forward this season, brings nothing to the team so far. DOn't forget he's getting paid 3.5M$ just to bring us some offense, that's the only thing we ask from him and he can't even do that.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shaby23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I hope he was equally harsh with every other player who hit the ice today, as they were all worse than Subban with the possible exceptions of Price, Eller, Markov, and Gallagher.
Max Pac didn't play bad tonight.

Shaby23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Politics
Birth place
Hockey skills

In that order.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

If Subban gets hurt, we legit have the worst defense in the league. We have a lot of bottom pairing depth and complimentary guys, but no minute-eater.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
No.

A leader takes responsibility for when he screwed up. Subban DID screwed up at the end. He could have been the hero of a GREAT comeback, but let his emotion drop the ball.

Subban will grow out of this experience, and he will never be a leader if he underplay his bonehead moves. Therrien is playing it hard on him because he wants the rest of the team to look up to Subban's character
Once again, there's no reason Subban should even get bashed at any point. Not the way his teammates played. Not the way he let all of his energy out there, in contrary to his 17 other fellow skaters who dropped the ball well before the game even started.

Subban doesn't owe any apology to his teammates, and Therrien should thank him for making him look good.

I repeat; we're not even close to scoring a single goal if it's not of his shifts.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Be that as it may, none of them took that penalty. Subban playing wonderful for the rest of the game isn't worth anything if he negates it with a penalty like that at the end.
It should be the fans who selectively obsess over high profile plays, coaches should look at the big picture. And without Subban tonight, the Habs lose 3-0.

Maybe 3-1 if they are lucky without Subban to take a penalty at the end!

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Crusherkgb

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
why the **** not??

he is ****in useles!!!!!
Because Bergevin extending him to that contract. His confidence is at an all time low. You either shelter him on the 4th or you must move him to the wing. I think playing him with Bournival might spark him a bit. Bournival brings a lot of energy that might just wake him up.

Crusherkgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If Sakic took a dumb untimely penalty, and it happened before, does he need the coach to lash out at him? PK is not Sakic, but the point is, sometimes the player knows what he did and doesn't need to be criticized publicly harshly.
PK knows what he did. Not screaming about it to the media like a dumbass doesn't mean you're coddling him.
I think you're overstating the magnitude of the events that actually transpired to a ridiculous, absurd degree.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TroyM

Just left the game. Great time with lots of Habs fans in the press level. Game didn't get exciting until the third but everyone had a blast up there then high-fiving and cheering it was going nuts. If they got the third goal it would've erupted I hope it was audible. The drunk French men were definitely the highlight for Habs fans. Cheering for koivu and richer and kovalev when kid line was on, chirping in French and legit amusing. At one point ice girls threw out Calgary hats and one of those dudes caught it and wiffed it back in the crowd behind him screaming 'I thought it would be something good!' 'Twas amusing. Adorable baby beside be cheering out PRUSTY! Etc.

Crappy game on tv I'm sure but when habs fans take over an arena it's hard to have a bad time, too bad they couldn't have brought more. Going to the Oilers game tomorrow as well, looking froward to a win, hope I have a voice left for it.

TroyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 11:17 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 483
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
The best candidate is still french and he's coaching in Gatineau. :-)
Ted Nolan?

Old
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
It's a stupid penalty, but it's not why we lost the game.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLSandman View Post
I'm actually pretty sure he just apologized for his penalty and said it was unnecessary and it cost them a chance to win.

Then Michel said he agreed.

Really not that harsh....

Some of you guys are worst than the media...
This.

He agreed it was a stupid penalty, and it was. Not really that big of a deal. What was he supposed to say? "I disagree with PK, that was smart to take that pointless penalty".

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CH25
Fire JJD

I just got the brilliant idea to bench Deharnais for the next 3 games (more if necessary) and bring in Bournival. At least he'll bring a little bit of energy to our offense which only seems to be good when down in the third.

CH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MasterD

Pateryn > Diaz.
Pateryn > Bouillon.
Bournival > Desharnais.

That is all.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 11:18 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Once again, there's no reason Subban should even get bashed at any point. Not the way his teammates played. Not the way he let all of his energy out there, in contrary to his 17 other fellow skaters who dropped the ball well before the game even started.

Subban doesn't owe any apology to his teammates, and Therrien should thank him for making him look good.

I repeat; we're not even close to scoring a single goal if it's not of his shifts.
It's Therrien's job to come off as the bad guy here, if you genuinely want Subban to win the team's trust.

Subban ain't trying to become the coach's pet.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
If Subban gets hurt, we legit have the worst defense in the league. We have a lot of bottom pairing depth and complimentary guys, but no minute-eater.
And he's the one guy the GM tried to play hard ball with.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH25 View Post
I would rather have Carboneau than Therien right now. Hell even Jacques Martin would be better. Yes I said that.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I think you're overstating the magnitude of the events that actually transpired to a ridiculous, absurd degree.
You said you were surprised MT wasn't more harsh towards him. Not sure what I'm overstating.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 11:19 PM
MTLSandman*

Quote:
Honestly LMAO, he calmly said; "je suis d'accord", which translates to "I agree"...

Some people have some serious issues...

MTLSandman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
What if Chara gets injured in Boston? What about Kronwall in Detroit? Or even a guy like Phaneuf in Toronto for example?

Everyone's in trouble when you're losing your #1 D. There might be some exceptions (St. Louis), but other than that?

It's also not fair for Markov who was a silent force in our last 2 games. He can still eat 23+ minutes.

HiggsBozon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
And he's the one guy the GM tried to play hard ball with.
and then literally bent over for the worst of them all: Boullion

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusherkgb View Post
Because Bergevin extending him to that contract. His confidence is at an all time low. You either shelter him on the 4th or you must move him to the wing. I think playing him with Bournival might spark him a bit. Bournival brings a lot of energy that might just wake him up.
lets suck all year and not make the playoffs because our gm extended a contract to a ****** player who didnt even deserve that contract

....ya great logic. lets miss the playoffs this year to help one ****er succeed.

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote