HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where's the Defense!- Habs lose 3-2

Old
10-10-2013, 12:25 AM
CH25
Fire JJD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I really think that he will be very successful as the coach of the Avs.

Like him or not, Patrick Roy is a motivator and places a premium on defense.

Edit.....not the ancient style of Jacques Martin that does not work in the NHL.
When are the Habs going to have a good coach for once?

CH25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:26 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
I really think that he will be very successful as the coach of the Avs.

Like him or not, Patrick Roy is a motivator and places a premium on defense.

Edit.....not the ancient style of Jacques Martin that does not work in the NHL.
We'll see how motivating he is when the Avs go on a losing streak.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:26 AM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Lol... Carbo just said Ovechkin has more talent than Crosby.
No. He said that Galchenyuk was more complete like Crosby and Yakupov was more like Ovechkin.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:28 AM
shawdowmaker

we are too small ...you needs guys to win battles along the boards! same old with this team ..same old

shawdowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:28 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Lol... Carbo just said Ovechkin has more talent than Crosby.
What's wrong with that? When he's on his game OV could very well be the best player in the world.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:29 AM
WhiskeySeven
H0CKEYY1NS1DERR

Quote:
When you resort to "little girl" comments, you really dont have much to say.

On a different subject, how is your Gionta obsession coming along?
Well there must be an analogue for your behaviour during that situation and little girls were the least offensive concept I could muster. Regarding Gionta, game after game, season after season it seems that he is regressing and that PK is the heart and soul of the team. So I'd say that I've been 100% correct about every problem the team has had so far in the season and if anyone cares to dig through my old posts (as opposed to trudging through the swamps of YOUR bipolar posting history) they'd see that I called the following problems or situations right, way ahead of time: Therrien's incapability to adjust the defensive scheme, Bergevin's signing of Bouillon indicated that he'd be used in a top4 role, Desharnais' contract would prove costly immediately, Briere would not slot into the team easily, and so on.

This isn't an I-told-you-so kinda post, but with someone like you, I'm just impressed that you didn't abandon your insanely long history of being completely wrong and reactionary and just start a new one afresh.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:33 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Yeah a couple breakdowns hit the back of the net but when a team has only one forward line clicking its in trouble. The eller line and PK are the only things working on this team. Therrien needs to find different combos. And for god sakes sit DD for a stretch . .

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
What's wrong with that? When he's on his game OV could very well be the best player in the world.
In that he could be the most "effective" player in the world. Let's be reality, though, and admit that it comes just as much from his "skills" of size and strength as the rest of the tools he has in the box.

Ohashi_Jouzu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:40 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Well there must be an analogue for your behaviour during that situation and little girls were the least offensive concept I could muster. Regarding Gionta, game after game, season after season it seems that he is regressing and that PK is the heart and soul of the team. So I'd say that I've been 100% correct about every problem the team has had so far in the season and if anyone cares to dig through my old posts (as opposed to trudging through the swamps of YOUR bipolar posting history) they'd see that I called the following problems or situations right, way ahead of time: Therrien's incapability to adjust the defensive scheme, Bergevin's signing of Bouillon indicated that he'd be used in a top4 role, Desharnais' contract would prove costly immediately, Briere would not slot into the team easily, and so on.

This isn't an I-told-you-so kinda post, but with someone like you, I'm just impressed that you didn't abandon your insanely long history of being completely wrong and reactionary and just start a new one afresh.
Not to rehash old topics, but I disagreed with the way Subban handled his contract hold-out while the Habs were playing games on the ice.

Once he came to his senses and signed the bridge contract, the problems I had with Subban ended.

Its a simple concept.

And if you cared to read any of my posts, I was all for moving Gionta in the offseason (or as soon as he was cleared to play again). Unlike you, I dont obsess over him though.

But with all of that said, you are the HFForum god. No one is as prescient as you are. We should all bow down to you at your all knowing altar of obsession.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Spotlight begins , slowly, to turn on Therrien.
He puts it on himself though with his weird decisions. His obsession with Bouillon is just flat out weird. Seriously, what does he see in this guy to have him play as much as PK, or heck even more than him after 2 periods.
Why was Eller scratched after the first game in Toronto last year and DD gets a pass despite playing like crap throughout last season plus the start of this one?
Why did he waste training camp doing pretty much nothing? I know it's a time to check out youngsters, and shake the rust off veterans, but it's also the time to experiment new lines especially if you have young guys possibly ready for upgraded roles.
Why is MaxPac still glued to DD?
Why couldn't he adjust throughout this game by sitting useless guys like DD and Briere and try a new Power trio with Bourque-Plek-MaxPac?
Why is Francis freaking Bouillon still being used on the PP? Is he expecting him to suddenly become this amazing point man??
Why is our Norris winner barely used on the PK?
How does he play as much as a 34 veterans that barely played for 3 years and just came back last season? (and I love Markov)

I wasn't happy with the hiring of MT. I would have kept JM over him. But I thought he handled himself well in the press, and convinced me that hey he might actually have learned some things that will make him come here with a fresh and reinvented coaching methodology. I didn't like some of the decisions he took last year, but it was his first year, but repeating the same mistakes is troublesome for me.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Not to rehash old topics, but I disagreed with the way Subban handled his contract hold-out while the Habs were playing games on the ice.

Once he came to his senses and signed the bridge contract, the problems I had with Subban ended.

Its a simple concept.

And if you cared to read any of my posts, I was all for moving Gionta in the offseason (or as soon as he was cleared to play again). Unlike you, I dont obsess over him though.

But with all of that said, you are the HFForum god. No one is as prescient as you are. We should all bow down to you at your all knowing altar of obsession.
You claimed that PK was being selfish, and that he wasn't worthy of the uniform.
All this because you thought he was holding out for a huge deal. But he wasn't. You don't hold out for a huge deal and then settle for peanuts. That just doesn't happen.
You were wrong. No wrong in admitting that.

Old
10-10-2013, 12:49 AM
fallsviewafro*
truculent

Hey, Flames fan coming in peace. Hopefully I didn't just step in the middle of any kind of slap fight...

From what I gathered in a quick browse through the GDT's, I'm guessing that the Flames won because Boullion is literally the worst thing that this planet has ever seen. I missed the game because of work. From your guys' point of view, who was the best Flame? The replay on NHL.com didn't show a whole lot.

fallsviewafro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:52 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallsviewafro View Post
Hey, Flames fan coming in peace. Hopefully I didn't just step in the middle of any kind of slap fight...

From what I gathered in a quick browse through the GDT's, I'm guessing that the Flames won because Boullion is literally the worst thing that this planet has ever seen. I missed the game because of work. From your guys' point of view, who was the best Flame? The replay on NHL.com didn't show a whole lot.
Monahan and his line were awesome, it was between them and MacDonald.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sampollock

Thus team is soft. MB do something. Weak weak weak. Patches players with 2 smurfs. How can he be a power forward

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You claimed that PK was being selfish, and that he wasn't worthy of the uniform.
All this because you thought he was holding out for a huge deal. But he wasn't. You don't hold out for a huge deal and then settle for peanuts. That just doesn't happen.
You were wrong. No wrong in admitting that.
You can believe what you think I believe. And I will continue to believe what I really believe.

It's all good and it will not result in me admitting to whatever you think I should admit to.

Old
10-10-2013, 12:54 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:

No, it was Gionta's fault.

Monahan by a mile. It would be a shame if he does not stay in Calgary for the entire season. The kid has game.

Old
10-10-2013, 12:55 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Price was good

Egg line was okay

The rest..... Ewww

We can talk about the lines, bouillon, and the defensive breakdowns, but above all, they were outworked soundly for most of the game.

for a club that had so much time off, this is concerning, maybe there was too much time off. If they don't come out against the oilers with a more spirited effort, this loss could turn into an extended losing streak, which the have simply cannot afford in this division

Last edited by Hackett: 10-10-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:57 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
You can believe what you think I believe. And I will continue to believe what I really believe.

It's all good and it will not result in me admitting to whatever you think I should admit to.
That's fine, you can deny it, but everybody that partook in those discussions remember it clearly.

Old
10-10-2013, 01:00 AM
fallsviewafro*
truculent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Monahan and his line were awesome, it was between them and MacDonald.
Quote:
No, it was Gionta's fault.

Monahan by a mile. It would be a shame if he does not stay in Calgary for the entire season. The kid has game.
Thanks gents. I'm trying extremely hard not to be too optimistic - I know better than that as a Calgary fan - but a few games in I'm feeling really good about Monahan. I guess Baertschi had a similar stat line in the same sample size when he first came in though, so I'll temper my expectations.

Hope you guys can pull it out against the Oilers tomorrow.

fallsviewafro* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 01:01 AM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That's fine, you can deny it, but everybody that partook in those discussions remember it clearly.
You are missing the point.

What I said during those discussions were what I honestly believed. And I stand by every word I typed.

Whether you agree with my belief is irrelevant. I wont change them, or apologize for them.

If Galchenyuk or any other Habs player does the same thing, hold out for a contract dispute and miss games, I will feel the same way about that player.

Team before individual, regardless of who they are.

Old
10-10-2013, 01:03 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Thanks gents. I'm trying extremely hard not to be too optimistic - I know better than that as a Calgary fan - but a few games in I'm feeling really good about Monahan. I guess Baertschi had a similar stat line in the same sample size when he first came in though, so I'll temper my expectations.

Hope you guys can pull it out against the Oilers tomorrow.
It's not just the stats, he's playing an extremely intelligent two-way game and seems to know when to make the right moves. Basically, he looks just like the player he was in juniors.

You guys are off to a very promising start, honestly, it probably won't last, but you have more good pieces than given credit for. Good luck.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 01:03 AM
Dharvey33

You guys are harsh with Briere. I tought he looked good tonight but again Desharnais couldn't score a goal to save his life.

I think a line Eller Gallagher Briere could be good. I would put Galchenyuk at centre with Paciorretty and Gionta. Plekanec Bourque Desharnais on wing. Why not?

I would really like to see Briere playing with Eller and gallagher or galchenyuk.
He has made so nice dishes but always to Desharnais so yeah hard to get a point in those conditions.

For those saying he has looked as bad as Desharnais you're dead wrong. He looked bad because of Desharnais both of them are basically the same players.

Therrien really needs to improve his strategy during games because his love for certain players is clearly clouding his judgment.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 01:16 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

My God people, everyone shut the **** up, and chill the **** out...

As fans our goals for this team should be:

A) Make the playoffs.
B) Be healthy come playoffs.
C) Be playing our best come playoffs.

Overanalyzing crap this early in the season is insane.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 01:18 AM
KerryFraser

I watched two games tonight, Habs vs Flames and the other game was Hawks vs Blues. I can say it was two different world, totally tonight. The first two teams I named are not Stanley cup contender, simply.

It was so boring watching two teams creating so much turnovers, especialy the habs tonight , it was aaah...

We have a ****ing gap to fill to compete in this league with some other really good team, like the Blues, Bruins, Kings, Wings and the Hawks.

I'm just not optimistic for this season.

KerryFraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 01:20 AM
Habs_Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawdowmaker View Post
The D is not the only problem on this team. Some guys need to go:

David D.
Briere
Diaz
Georges
Bouillon

and coaching staff need to make better on ice decisions tonight was horrible
Well, these guys certainly aren't impressing anyone, but it's early. I'm willing to be patient, give it a dozen games or so, let them find chemistry (DD and Briere). But it's frustrating right now.

Habs_Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote