Notices

Niklas Backstrom

Closed Thread

Old
10-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Dampland
YEO must GO

vCash: 50
Well you got me there ...... Suter WAS HORRIBLE the first 10 games, but I'll admit that I got a little carried away with the Gomez comment. Thank goodness no one else on this board ever gets carried away besides me.

But wanting to tank after three games where we have dominated at least 2 periods of every game? I'm not ready throw in the towel, but the loss of Coyle worries me greatly.

I predicted that the Wild would struggle to match last year's record, but once again, I expect great things next season.

Old
10-10-2013, 02:19 AM
gopherman23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Only 3 more years guys. No need to worry.
Well, we still have a compliance buyout, so depending on how backstrom does this season, he may be a candidate for that. The problem is, who could we get to replace him? Lundqvist has a slight chance of hitting the market, but he is a long shot. I'm not sure what other goalies will be available.

I thought Harding looked pretty good this pre-season and replacing backstrom. Yeo had to ride backstrom hard last year out of necessity, but there is no reason to do it this year. Harding needs to play more IMO. He should have started at Nashville. It'll be interesting to see how our goalie situation plays out the rest of the year.

Old
10-10-2013, 08:10 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherman23 View Post
Well, we still have a compliance buyout, so depending on how backstrom does this season, he may be a candidate for that. The problem is, who could we get to replace him? Lundqvist has a slight chance of hitting the market, but he is a long shot. I'm not sure what other goalies will be available.

I thought Harding looked pretty good this pre-season and replacing backstrom. Yeo had to ride backstrom hard last year out of necessity, but there is no reason to do it this year. Harding needs to play more IMO. He should have started at Nashville. It'll be interesting to see how our goalie situation plays out the rest of the year.
Kuemper or Gustafsson in 1-2 years. Harding for now. There is always a free agent goalie to pick up. I wouldn't mind Bryzgalov. He was never a great goalie, but also never bad. But pay anything more than 1.5 and we're getting hosed.

Old
10-10-2013, 04:31 PM
ewoksonhoth
Most People are DJ's

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post
Kuemper or Gustafsson in 1-2 years. Harding for now. There is always a free agent goalie to pick up. I wouldn't mind Bryzgalov. He was never a great goalie, but also never bad. But pay anything more than 1.5 and we're getting hosed.
I would love to see Bryz picked up. Not because I think it would put them leaps and bounds over the current situation, but it's one of those risks that could actually help the team out. Plus I'm the kind of guy that likes doing things for the sake of doing them so take it with about five grains of salt.

Old
10-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

A low money one year deal is better than the ECHL. He couldn't turn it down.

Old
10-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

I would love to get Bryz.

Old
10-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Stopping Pucks

vCash: 14000
Backstrom is day-to-day, why would we get Bryz now? I say yes only if Harding struggles.

Old
10-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

We're talking about the eventuality that it isn't day to day

Old
10-10-2013, 05:58 PM
GMAN23
My grammer lacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherman23 View Post

I don't know the new CBA well but I highly doubt you can buyout a contract signed after the new CBA agreement. Most likely only contracts signed during the last CBA.

Old
10-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDZx View Post
Backstrom is day-to-day, why would we get Bryz now? I say yes only if Harding struggles.
Backstrom is made of glass at this point.

Old
10-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Stopping Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Backstrom is made of glass at this point.
Any goalie would of got injured after what just happened to Backs. Bad play by Ballard.

Old
10-11-2013, 11:21 AM
BigT2002

Well Harding won and looked strong through 1.75 games. I'm ok with what we have for now

Old
10-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Stopping Pucks

Backstrom/Hards will be solid in a real tandem. We need to let them split games, and stop playing Backstrom so much. Then we will start seeing good things from both of them.

Old
10-12-2013, 04:31 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Harding was solid in the last game. I'd be comfortable with Backs playing ~50 games this season. He definitely needs more rest between the games.

Old
10-12-2013, 04:45 AM
Ladde

vCash: 500
Yeah Yeo likes to play Backs way too much.

Old
10-12-2013, 05:35 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W75 View Post
Harding was solid in the last game. I'd be comfortable with Backs playing ~50 games this season. He definitely needs more rest between the games.
50 games is too much IMO. He and Harding need a more even rotation... maybe even Harding getting more starts than Backs if anything.

Old
10-12-2013, 05:52 AM
W75
Wegistewed Usew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
50 games is too much IMO. He and Harding need a more even rotation... maybe even Harding getting more starts than Backs if anything.
No problems. I see 50 games as a maximum. What ever is the most effective way for the team. If Hards plays well he should play as much as he can.

Closed Thread