HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is this PHX proposal even close?

Old
12-01-2006, 08:02 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Is this PHX proposal even close?

I don't really follow the Rangers, so consider yourselves warned...

To NYR:
Derek Morris (3.9)
Ladislav Nagy (3)
Matthew Spiller (/)
(6.9m.)

To PHX:
Darius Kasparaitis (3.3)
Marek Malik (2.5)
Petr Prucha (.5)
Artem Anisimov (/)
'07 2nd
(6.3m.)

I've been reading that you guys need help with defense and playmaking. Morris would almost surely be your new number one defenseman (unless there is a Ranger having a break out season that I don't know about), and Nagy has 128 points in his last 129 games, and 85 of those are assists on what has been one of the worst teams in the league for those 129 games. Phoenix has alot of good young defenseman in their system and Spiller just won't get a chance. He's huge, he's nasty, he can skate, and he's got a cannon of a shot. The tools are there, he just needs an opportunity to boom or bust. I'm not going to lie, though, he's basically a toss in at this point. I've also read that Kaspar and Malik have struggled quite a bit this year, so I threw them in for the sole purpose of evening up the salaries. They are replacable with anyone you'd like, though.

So what do you say? Am I a complete homer, or what?

12-01-2006, 08:10 PM
XX
Lots of Try

I like it, but I dont count. Is Malik a UFA?

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 08:14 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Is Malik a UFA?
yep.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 08:38 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Hate to give up Prucha; but to get rid off Malik and Kaspar in one deal, and add Morris and Spiller (Nagy is nice, I guess) I'd have to pull the trigger.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 08:56 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
yep.
Nope. He has one more year left.

12-01-2006, 09:16 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Nope. He has one more year left.
My bad. Well, that certainly takes some luster off of the deal for me. Anyway, how do you feel about the proposal?

Old
12-01-2006, 09:28 PM
in the hall

I am surprised Phx fans would be so willing to make this deal but I guess they see Prucha as a good enough centerpiece for Nagy.

I don't love giving up Prucha but this is a nice deal.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 09:30 PM
in the hall

I am also probably undervaluing Anisimov and the second

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 09:52 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
I am also probably undervaluing Anisimov and the second
That's where Morris comes in.

Old
12-01-2006, 10:28 PM
Skroob*

we will also give you a 3rd and a 5th rounder for Ozo, ok???

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 10:34 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skroob View Post
we will also give you a 3rd and a 5th rounder for Ozo, ok???
No thanks. Does this mean you'd be happy if the original proposal went down?

Old
12-01-2006, 10:40 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Dunno much about Spiller... I kind of like that Artem is about the only potential 1/2 line C we've got...

Prucha I dig too.. hard call to make, Nagy's an upcoming UFA....

I'd say pull Spiller, we pull Artem and Prucha...

IF Nagy signs an extention... he and Morris for Malik, Kaspar, a 2nd... and? Anything? Im not much on trade proposals, admittedly

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 10:49 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Dunno much about Spiller... I kind of like that Artem is about the only potential 1/2 line C we've got...

Prucha I dig too.. hard call to make, Nagy's an upcoming UFA....

I'd say pull Spiller, we pull Artem and Prucha...

IF Nagy signs an extention... he and Morris for Malik, Kaspar, a 2nd... and? Anything? Im not much on trade proposals, admittedly
I don't even want Malik and Kasparaitis. They have NEGATIVE trade value. You want Nagy and Morris for a second rounder?

You pulling out the two best players on your side and me pulling out the worst player on my side isn't exactly fair. Spiller is just a throw in. He could be a very usefull, solid bottom pairing, NHL defenseman for years to come, or he could be a life long NHL/AHL tweener. It's a toss up at this point, IMO.

Old
12-01-2006, 10:52 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
I don't even want Malik and Kasparaitis. They have NEGATIVE trade value. You want Nagy and Morris for a second rounder?
heh. I dunno what the needs are, man. You had them listed, so.. its whatever.

I guess Im only really interested in Nagy myself, but, like I said, he's gonna be a UFA, so... since the Coyotes arent likely to make the playoffs, he'll likely be gone anyways.. so....

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 10:52 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
We have a problem here with some posters overvaluing our players =/. I'd certainly take the original proposal... Though maybe change the 2nd to a 4th?

Old
12-01-2006, 10:53 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Oh, but by the way, good proposal. One of the best I've ever seen here. Very reasonable.

Old
12-01-2006, 10:54 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I saw the Coyotes play last week and I thought about Nagy as a possible acquitision target. He's in Gretzky's doghouse and frankly he played lousy the game I saw. That said, if he was playing great you might never have a shot at him. I think there's a chance the Rangers and Coyotes could do some business and one reason is that this could be a possible ladning site for Montoya. Not suggesting he would go even up for Nagy but there seem to be elements on both sides that could amount to something here.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 11:11 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Oh, but by the way, good proposal. One of the best I've ever seen here. Very reasonable.
It favors the Rangers. Not only do you dump Malik and Kaspar, picking up a solid young replacement for them, you also get an upgrade in Morris who is signed to a good contract. You lose Prucha, but gain one of the most talented LWers in the league, who would be money with Jagr.

Why do we do this rt? Anisimov? It makes more sense if Montoya is worked in somehow.

Taking the original deal, what would we have to add to get Montoya ranger fans?

and btw rt is pretty much one of the fairest posters on the trade board when it comes to proposals. I think we gain barely enough from this to even justify it, but thats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
He's in Gretzky's doghouse and frankly he played lousy the game I saw.
Watch the Coyote highlights against the Kings from last night. Nagy got benched, and responded with a 3 or 4 point Night, including a nice breakaway goal. He has never played with 1st line talent, much less a talen like fricken Jagr.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Skroob*

Quote:
eh, its a tough call

Skroob* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
How about we just work something out for Nagy where we keep Prucha. The whole point of getting Nagy would be to center Prucha and Shanny.

And I have zero interest in Morris but the positives would be getting rid of Kaspar and Malik.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 11:47 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:

Watch the Coyote highlights against the Kings from last night. Nagy got benched, and responded with a 3 or 4 point Night, including a nice breakaway goal. He has never played with 1st line talent, much less a talen like fricken Jagr.
We agree. He's a good player going through a rough time. This is the optimum time to move on him.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 11:50 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Why do we do this rt? Anisimov? It makes more sense if Montoya is worked in somehow.
I figure that Bertuzzi is as good as a Phoenix Coyote come this summer. Room will have to be made. Nagy is UFA, Prucha is a nice cheap young replacement. He's not Nagy, but he's darn good. Anisimov and a 2nd is pretty good value for Morris. Gauthier got Gratton and two 2nds, though, and Morris is much better. Maybe I'm giving the Rangers a little too much slack, but you've got to give to get. I have to admit, however, learning that Malik is signed through next season is a bummer. It kind of makes me have to rethink this whole trade.

Quote:
It was four.

Last edited by rt: 12-01-2006 at 11:59 PM.
Old
12-02-2006, 12:02 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
And I have zero interest in Morris but the positives would be getting rid of Kaspar and Malik.
This is crazy. He would be your best defenseman. He's got a terrific outlet pass, he can put up points, he's solid in all three zones, and he's dynamite with the mits off. He's prone to the occasion brain cramp when it comes to the defensive zone, and taking questionable penalties, but other than that he's a top defenseman. Morris has become very underrated. I guess playing for Phoenix will do that to a guy.

Old
12-02-2006, 12:35 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
This is crazy. He would be your best defenseman. He's got a terrific outlet pass, he can put up points, he's solid in all three zones, and he's dynamite with the mits off. He's prone to the occasion brain cramp when it comes to the defensive zone, and taking questionable penalties, but other than that he's a top defenseman. Morris has become very underrated. I guess playing for Phoenix will do that to a guy.
It has more to do with the 3.9 million over X amt of years (which is overpaid). And saying he'd be the best defenseman on this team isn't saying much. Actually I think it's inaccurate as Tyutin is the best defenseman on this team and I would take him over Morris. (Call me a homer if you want).

Nagy is also a UFA so trading Prucha for him is dumb. I just don't like the deal. Color me unimpressed.

Kaspar and Malik make a lot yes and I'd love to move them, but not at the expense of Prucha who is young, cheap, and proven. I have to believe Jagr would be very ticked off if Prucha were dealt as well.

UFAs to be usually fetch a nice prospect and a pick so if Nagy were coming to NY that's the return you'd probably get.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 12:40 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Tempting because moving Malik and Kaspars salarys would be nice, even though Malik has started to play better as of late.

But realistically a 7 player (and a pick) move between Pho and the Rangers is unlikely because the Rangers are in first, i could see it maybe happening if both teams were in the basement, but i am pretty sure the Rangers wouldnt shake up the team that much unless they were blown out of the water by something (that included a pure second or first line playmaking center) and this proposal doesnt do that.

But better than most ive seen. You should hang with JortsHall a little maybe some sense will rub off on him.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote