HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Preds Talk Part IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2013, 08:56 AM
  #326
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Great news. With our D like

Weber-Jones
Josi-Klein
Ekholm-Ellis
Bartley

I think we could look better on D.

Stalberg could provide a needed offensive spark. With our PK looking terrible, maybe Spaling in for Hendricks or Clune?
Trotz said Josi will be back with Weber. Question is, do you keep Eckholm with Klein or put Jones with Eckholm and let Klein play with Ellis, most liekly with Klein on the left side. Or do you play Jones on the left for the next little bit with Ellis and try not to burn him out? Use him more late in games but control his TOI early.

token grinder is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 09:05 AM
  #327
Preds Partisan
Nothing
 
Preds Partisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
"Originally Posted by @WillyD1025
Trotz on #CoffeeWithTheCoach says Spals should be available Thur, Josi Sat. "at the earliest", & Stalberg is "tracking for early next week"

Obviously I didn't hear it directly, but I wonder if Dr. Trotz meant "back on the ice practicing" for Josi and Stalberg, not actually game ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
I'm trying to figure out why Legwand isn't getting any PK time this year. Over two minutes per game short handed in 10-11, to over a minute last season, but barely 20 seconds on the PK per game this year. Yet Cullen is out there for 5x as much ice time while incapable of winning a draw to save his butt.
Been wondering the same thing about Legwand. For a player who was Trotz's go-to-guy for the last decade and half, it sure feels like he's getting pushed aside in all roles he used to play. I can only assume that Trotz wants to see what some other guys can do, which surprises me since Trotz relies on "trust in the player" for most of his coaching decisions and not playing Legwand more than he has would be very much out of character.

Preds Partisan is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 09:29 AM
  #328
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
The way i heard it. Trotz said we should see the guys mentioned in game by the times mentioned.

PFL615 is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 12:06 PM
  #329
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,159
vCash: 500
I think as long as we string a few wins together, Josi will be out until we hit the road

token grinder is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 12:11 PM
  #330
SmashingPred
Registered User
 
SmashingPred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82
anyone still pissing and moaning about signing Nystrom??

yeah, didnt think so... he's solid...
I have to say that he's been one of my favorite players on the ice these 3 games. Very energetic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I think as long as we string a few wins together, Josi will be out until we hit the road
Better to be safe than sorry in these situations...

SmashingPred is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 12:39 PM
  #331
darth5
Rowsdower!
 
darth5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,411
vCash: 500
Stahlberg was on ice today in no contact jersey per Josh Cooper.

darth5 is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 12:47 PM
  #332
PFL615
Registered User
 
PFL615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
Stahlberg was on ice today in no contact jersey per Josh Cooper.
Yep Trotz said this morning him amd Josi are probable for being back this weekend/early next week.

PFL615 is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 01:07 PM
  #333
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,492
vCash: 500
So assuming we're all healthy this weekend does Spaling/Smith and Bartley sit?

Weber-Josi
Ekholm-Jones
Klein-Ellis

Would be my defensive pairings preference.

Wilson-Fisher-Hornqvist
Stalberg-Cullen-Bourque
Forsberg-Legwand-Nystrom
Clune-Gaustad-Hendricks

My preference I think would be

Wilson-Fisher-Hornqvist
Bourque-Legwand-Forsberg
Stalberg-Cullen-Smith
Clune-Gaustad-Nystrom

triggrman is online now  
Old
10-09-2013, 01:11 PM
  #334
JR303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Don't really like stirring up trouble, but if Brad Stuart gets suspended for hitting Rick Nash and Downie gets a pass for the Josi hit, I might finally just believe in the long-rumored big market conspiracy.

I know the East gets more media attention, I even understand why, and I know that superstars and big markets are what pay for the game, but some of the discrepancies are becoming too much to stand.

JR303 is online now  
Old
10-10-2013, 05:09 AM
  #335
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime
 
sparkle twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,919
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
It would be nice if we actually had guys come back sooner from their injuries instead of them being out longer than originally thought.



Quote:
Originally Posted by JR303 View Post
Don't really like stirring up trouble, but if Brad Stuart gets suspended for hitting Rick Nash and Downie gets a pass for the Josi hit, I might finally just believe in the long-rumored big market conspiracy.

I know the East gets more media attention, I even understand why, and I know that superstars and big markets are what pay for the game, but some of the discrepancies are becoming too much to stand.
And he's suspended for 3 games. Read this and see some interesting info. http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2013/1...g-small-market

sparkle twin is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 08:09 AM
  #336
darth5
Rowsdower!
 
darth5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,411
vCash: 500
I read this and quoted in in the main thread on the hit. Nobody commented on the numbers embedded in Dirk's take. That is because the numbers don't lie-- I think the bigger the media market the target of the hit is from, the more likely a Shanaban is in the offing.

Would really like someone to throw this to Bill Daly or Shanahan and get them to rationalize their decision making in light of it...

darth5 is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 10:03 AM
  #337
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,561
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
I read this and quoted in in the main thread on the hit. Nobody commented on the numbers embedded in Dirk's take. That is because the numbers don't lie-- I think the bigger the media market the target of the hit is from, the more likely a Shanaban is in the offing.

Would really like someone to throw this to Bill Daly or Shanahan and get them to rationalize their decision making in light of it...
I think the case would be easier to make if those numbers also included the number of cases in which NHL disciplinary folks explicitly said "we don't feel supplementary discipline is necessary here".

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 10:20 AM
  #338
Preds33
Registered User
 
Preds33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,356
vCash: 500
Per Ryan Porth
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Smashville247
Stalberg on the ice for morning skate

Preds33 is online now  
Old
10-10-2013, 10:24 AM
  #339
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,492
vCash: 500
Interesting.

I wonder what the lines will look like.

triggrman is online now  
Old
10-10-2013, 11:07 AM
  #340
Preds33
Registered User
 
Preds33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Per Ryan Porth
Per Willy Daunic
Quote:
Originally Posted by @WillyD1025
Trotz: Stalberg is "banging around out there". Making progress and has a chance to play as early as Saturday.

Preds33 is online now  
Old
10-10-2013, 11:08 AM
  #341
AintLifeGrand
Registered User
 
AintLifeGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Thrasherville, GA
Country: Tibet
Posts: 2,679
vCash: 500
Hopefully he takes Nystroms spot on the Legwand-Forsberg line

AintLifeGrand is online now  
Old
10-10-2013, 11:12 AM
  #342
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I think the case would be easier to make if those numbers also included the number of cases in which NHL disciplinary folks explicitly said "we don't feel supplementary discipline is necessary here".
Remember, we have a man with a history of concussions in charge of supplemental discipline. One of the symptoms is impacted judgement.

101st_fan is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 11:56 AM
  #343
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,561
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Remember, we have a man with a history of concussions in charge of supplemental discipline. One of the symptoms is impacted judgement.
Point taken, but I'd rather have statistics to back up my ad-hominem whenever possible. It's a robustness thing.

Besides, if he really were that overtly biased, do you really think he'd be inclined to defend the Avs?

Viqsi is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 12:11 PM
  #344
Everlong
-
 
Everlong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
So assuming we're all healthy this weekend does Spaling/Smith and Bartley sit?

Weber-Josi
Ekholm-Jones
Klein-Ellis

Would be my defensive pairings preference.

Wilson-Fisher-Hornqvist
Stalberg-Cullen-Bourque
Forsberg-Legwand-Nystrom
Clune-Gaustad-Hendricks

My preference I think would be

Wilson-Fisher-Hornqvist
Bourque-Legwand-Forsberg
Stalberg-Cullen-Smith
Clune-Gaustad-Nystrom
Finally starting to look respectable. Having everyone pushed down a slot really helps. Clune and Hendricks should battle it out for the last spot.

Everlong is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 02:27 PM
  #345
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 17,492
vCash: 500
So bourque gets to sit instead of Spaling tonight. After his turnovers and defensive gaff that lead directly a goal for the Wild, I can see the reasoning.

Bourque is an energy player that isn't playing with any direction right now. Maybe sitting will do him some good.

triggrman is online now  
Old
10-10-2013, 03:23 PM
  #346
PredsFanFromla
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: louisiana
Country: United States
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Happy 15th Anniversary Everybody!!!!!!!!!,15 years ago today,The Nashville Predators played their first regular season game in team history

PredsFanFromla is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 04:40 PM
  #347
lfchockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Random question but I didn't want to start a new thread... what type of player does Jimmy Vesey project to?
He looks like he could be a solid power forward, so where do you see him? 2nd line? 3rd line?

lfchockey is offline  
Old
10-11-2013, 10:31 AM
  #348
gratefulpred
Thread Killer
 
gratefulpred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Almo Heights, KY
Posts: 381
vCash: 500
So, as we were getting smoked last night this popped into my head, and this might be a better question for the Random Topic thread but here goes....

What is the placing logic of the banners for all the NHL teams that hang from our rafters? Obviously it is by division but other than that, it seems to be a crap shoot. The only conclusion I can come up with is it is it is in the order of how they came out of the dryer prior to being hung.

gratefulpred is offline  
Old
10-11-2013, 10:42 AM
  #349
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Melrose
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by analogkid View Post
So, as we were getting smoked last night this popped into my head, and this might be a better question for the Random Topic thread but here goes....

What is the placing logic of the banners for all the NHL teams that hang from our rafters? Obviously it is by division but other than that, it seems to be a crap shoot. The only conclusion I can come up with is it is it is in the order of how they came out of the dryer prior to being hung.
I've been wrong before but isn't it by alphabetical order?

Joe T Choker is offline  
Old
10-11-2013, 10:59 AM
  #350
JR303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
I've been wrong before but isn't it by alphabetical order?
So, you're telling me,... they were dried in alphabetical order?

mind=blown.

JR303 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.