HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Francis Bouillon - The worst player to have on the ice when it matters

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-10-2013, 09:50 AM
  #51
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
Bouillon wasn't on the ice for any goals against....

Markov absolutely blew his coverage and let two guys casually stand in front and deflect a puck in the net. He also missed a really excellent scoring chance.

Subban missed a wide open net and was caught up ice on the first goal.

Tinordi and Gorges paired up for an absolutely idiotic turnover that resulted in a goal and Tinordi had several missed defensive assignments throughout the game.

We're talking about Bouillon? People still watch the games, right? Or is that too old-school?
Bouillon is 5'8" and 37 years old, if that isn't proof he cost the Habs the game...I don't know what is.


Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 09:50 AM
  #52
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,136
vCash: 500
Put Bouillon and DD on waivers and nobody would pick them up yet we use them in important roles.

Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 09:53 AM
  #53
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I just can't blame him... he's a serviceable 6th/7th D who's being given top 3 minutes. He's doing the best he could with his very limited set of skills.

The management and coaching staff are the ones who should be questioned.
Therien is simply an idiot. Subban wasn't on the ice the last 2 minutes. Gorges wasn't seen the last 10 minutes. Emelin was nowhere to be seen.

...yet Bouillon is on the ice the last minute of a game.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 09:54 AM
  #54
Devourers
Registered User
 
Devourers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,172
vCash: 500
I have to admit at the end of the game seeing Boullion kill the clock with his bad passes, it made me cringe. Not because I was angry at Cube, but because I was pissed Therrien put him out there. I would have rather a forward than Cube in that situation.

Not his fault though, I blame Therrien for wasting offensive minutes on DD and Frankie.

They should just do this:

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Bourque
E-G-G
DD-Briere-Gionta (midget line, with Briere as center)

Yeah, that 3rd line is disgusting, but I'd rather they all be on the same line than wasting the time of our real forwards. I love Gionta for the record, and would switch him and Bourque around depending on the game/situation, but it's obvious who our real top 6 forwards are this season so far. DD is only one in terms of TOI.

Devourers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 10:50 AM
  #55
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,917
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Put Bouillon and DD on waivers and nobody would pick them up yet we use them in important roles.
This is maybe the most frustrating thing about all of this... i have to agree with it

i cant hate on bouillon too much, but its interresting to see a number 7 D get relied upon like a number 3-4

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 10:52 AM
  #56
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,917
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Therien is simply an idiot. Subban wasn't on the ice the last 2 minutes. Gorges wasn't seen the last 10 minutes. Emelin was nowhere to be seen.

...yet Bouillon is on the ice the last minute of a game.
Is this post for real or..?

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:34 PM
  #57
Whalers Fan
Go Habs!
 
Whalers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Plymouth, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 658
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Therien is simply an idiot. Subban wasn't on the ice the last 2 minutes. Gorges wasn't seen the last 10 minutes. Emelin was nowhere to be seen.

...yet Bouillon is on the ice the last minute of a game.
Kind of difficult to be on the ice when you are in the penalty box for taking a stupid cross checking penalty.

Whalers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:35 PM
  #58
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 38,503
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Any one who looks at the score sheet and sees the ice time that Bouillon and DD get, they'll see the primary reason we are not winning games.

Therrien is too stupid to use PK on the PK and for the full 2 minutes on the PP. He won't get worn out, he's the kind of guy who eats well, exercises like a mad man and he has energy to burn, even when he's off the ice, he's eccentric, full of life and energy. He's just built that way, you can afford to stretch his ice time into 30 minutes a night until Emelin comes back and gives us some stability back there.

The EGG line is our best line, which means, they should be double shifted. They should be put out there on the PP more. If players aren't going, like DD, double shift him with Patches and Briere. Put Galchenyuk on Plekanec's wing for a shift if Bourque isn't moving. There's plenty of things you can do to maximize your line-up.

Instead, Therrien uses DD and Bouillon like stars when they are duds.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:37 PM
  #59
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,849
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Is this post for real or..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalers Fan View Post
Kind of difficult to be on the ice when you are in the penalty box for taking a stupid cross checking penalty.
That's his point...Therrien was deprived of the services of Subban, Emelin and Gorges for the last 2 minutes of the game last night and had to rely on other guys like Bouillon.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:43 PM
  #60
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,136
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
That's his point...Therrien was deprived of the services of Subban, Emelin and Gorges for the last 2 minutes of the game last night and had to rely on other guys like Bouillon.
And boy did Bouillon answered well!

Our goalie is pulled, we need control of the puck to attack... Bouillon gets the puck twice and both time, he purposely give it back to the Flames.

Rosso Scuderia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 12:48 PM
  #61
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,849
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
And boy did Bouillon answered well!

Our goalie is pulled, we need control of the puck to attack... Bouillon gets the puck twice and both time, he purposely give it back to the Flames.
Oh I agree, he was hilarious/awful...but that's what happens when you overextend a guy like Bouillon, putting him in situations he shouldn't be in.

I agree with Monctonscout that Therrien's hands were tied to a degree in that situation...but that's still no excuse to keep sending the guy out to sap the offense from the second wave of our powerplay, for example. Therrien has to take the blame for that.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 02:20 PM
  #62
JPGoHabsGo
Registered User
 
JPGoHabsGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 566
vCash: 500
Bouillion voted for MT as his favourite Michelle.


Suck up.

JPGoHabsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 02:27 PM
  #63
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 22,728
vCash: 1200
Someone please post a video of the last 2 minutes....

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 02:36 PM
  #64
MonkeyBusiness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 500
I wonder what these guys are willing to do off ice to get all this extra playing time...

MonkeyBusiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 03:52 PM
  #65
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Bouillon is 5'8" and 37 years old, if that isn't proof he cost the Habs the game...I don't know what is.

5'8''+37 y.o. = scapegoat

QED

JAVO16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 03:56 PM
  #66
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,758
vCash: 500
Yes, too much icetime for Bouillon last night. Therrien needs to smarten up and reduce it. Hopefully Beaulieu will take his place on the powerplay.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 04:13 PM
  #67
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 500
The Habs have several useless or disappointing players. Bouillon, Desharnais, and White are awful offensively and defensively. Bourque has been disappointing. Briere is no better than what was predicted for him. Tinordi isn't ready. Markov is old.

With so many passengers, how can Subban and the EGG line carry them without sinking? There's very little Bergevin can do to fix the problem, although he's responsible for creating some of it by extending Desharnais and Bouillon and signing Briere. Was he unduly influenced by Therrien?

It may take a while for the dirty residue to go down the drain and fresh water to flow.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 04:23 PM
  #68
TheGoalJudge
Registered User
 
TheGoalJudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,095
vCash: 500
Can anyone imagine if, in 2008, I told you that we'd be playing game 3 of our 2013 season, down a goal with a minute left, and we'd have Bouillon on the ice?

Would anyone even have a chance at believing that? It's pure insanity. And yet, it happened.

How did this happen!! lol

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 04:30 PM
  #69
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
Can anyone imagine if, in 2008, I told you that we'd be playing game 3 of our 2013 season, down a goal with a minute left, and we'd have Bouillon on the ice?

Would anyone even have a chance at believing that? It's pure insanity. And yet, it happened.

How did this happen!! lol
The primary reason is that the Habs fell behind through inept play. They shouldn't have been playing catch-up hockey.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 05:17 PM
  #70
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The Habs have several useless or disappointing players. Bouillon, Desharnais, and White are awful offensively and defensively. Bourque has been disappointing. Briere is no better than what was predicted for him. Tinordi isn't ready. Markov is old.

With so many passengers, how can Subban and the EGG line carry them without sinking? There's very little Bergevin can do to fix the problem, although he's responsible for creating some of it by extending Desharnais and Bouillon and signing Briere. Was he unduly influenced by Therrien?

It may take a while for the dirty residue to go down the drain and fresh water to flow.
yup...

still hoping that MB's "wisdom" in those 3 moves will prove me & other skeptics wrong, but certainly the season is not starting in a promising way.

Would love to hear from his mouth the rational in thinking that the DD/Bouillion extensions and the Briere signing were the best moves for the club at the time.

Didn't make much sense to me then, not making much sense watching them play to start the year.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 05:25 PM
  #71
attachetatuque
un gros bonhomme!
 
attachetatuque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 514
Country: Canada
Posts: 561
vCash: 500
expy on a mission here eh boys. Honestly, yes, it was not the best play. But Bouillon was far from being our worst player last night. I'd take him over Diaz. At least Cube will try to be physical and will bang a big hit once a in a while. And his contract is actually great. I don't expect him to play that much once Murray and Emelin are back

attachetatuque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 05:40 PM
  #72
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,428
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
yup...

still hoping that MB's "wisdom" in those 3 moves will prove me & other skeptics wrong, but certainly the season is not starting in a promising way.

Would love to hear from his mouth the rational in thinking that the DD/Bouillion extensions and the Briere signing were the best moves for the club at the time.

Didn't make much sense to me then, not making much sense watching them play to start the year.
The Bouillon extension is pretty self explanatory. He did very good work in a depth role and he is a good guy to have around the young d-men. You can argue he should play less...but I don't see any logical argument that he shouldn't be on our roster. He's better than what most NHL teams have as #5-6 guys.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 05:45 PM
  #73
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daGreenGiant View Post
expy on a mission here eh boys. Honestly, yes, it was not the best play. But Bouillon was far from being our worst player last night. I'd take him over Diaz. At least Cube will try to be physical and will bang a big hit once a in a while. And his contract is actually great. I don't expect him to play that much once Murray and Emelin are back
'banging a big hit' matters very little when you're already out of position, or worse, getting out of position to make it. Something a lot of hockey fans seem to ignore.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 05:54 PM
  #74
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,101
vCash: 500
The Cube is getting too much ice, whenever players are playing too much, their weaknesses will be exposed...

Now, our D in general has been awful since the beginning of the season, but it's only 3 games in....

Is it just me, but Josh Gorges hasn't played a good game since he signed that nutty 3.9M dollar contract...for giving good interviews...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 06:03 PM
  #75
attachetatuque
un gros bonhomme!
 
attachetatuque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 514
Country: Canada
Posts: 561
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
'banging a big hit' matters very little when you're already out of position, or worse, getting out of position to make it. Something a lot of hockey fans seem to ignore.
true, but don't tell me Diaz is better than Bouillon in battling in corners for pucks. Diaz loses every single battle.

attachetatuque is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.