HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Oil Kings '13-'14 Thread: WHL CHAMPIONS!

View Poll Results: Do you like the Oil Kings new jerseys?
Yes 48 57.83%
No 22 26.51%
Unsure 13 15.66%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-09-2013, 10:45 AM
  #76
edmontonfan59
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Yes! Our team just got a whole lot better.
That's Great, who do you think he'll be paired with? Puts them up to 8 D so who sits or gets released/traded?

edmontonfan59 is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 10:53 AM
  #77
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,449
vCash: 500
Take care of Big Griff, he's an important piece to the Isles blue line in the coming years.

PWJunior is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 02:17 PM
  #78
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 10,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmontonfan59 View Post
That's Great, who do you think he'll be paired with? Puts them up to 8 D so who sits or gets released/traded?
Mills is a '97, I could see him being returned, IF they return a d-man. They could just as easily return a forward, though, with Lazar back and having 2-3 healthy scratch forwards...

Psycho Dad is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 03:11 PM
  #79
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,279
vCash: 7000
I believe griff will play with Mayo. Corbett-Sautner
Griff-Mayo
Shmoorkof-Irving

Something like that.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 03:13 PM
  #80
edmontonfan59
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
Mills is a '97, I could see him being returned, IF they return a d-man. They could just as easily return a forward, though, with Lazar back and having 2-3 healthy scratch forwards...
I could see them keeping Mills for the Future and maybe re-assign Shmoorkoff to Jr. A as he'd be a 20 year old next year and we will need Mills in the future.

edmontonfan59 is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 08:32 PM
  #81
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Another bad goal yield by Jarry. 1-1 Oil Kings and Silvertips in the 1st period.

3.59 GAA, .864 save % for Jarry so far this year.

EDIT: Another squeaker past Jarry. 2-1 Everett.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 08:45 PM
  #82
Brewster
Registered User
 
Brewster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 870
vCash: 500
Jarry's bound to get it together soon. He's simply too good to be scored on this frequently at the junior level.

And Big Griff returns! Good news for sure.

Brewster is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 08:47 PM
  #83
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 10,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmontonfan59 View Post
I could see them keeping Mills for the Future and maybe re-assign Shmoorkoff to Jr. A as he'd be a 20 year old next year and we will need Mills in the future.
I didn't know that. If we re-assign Mills we lose him?

Shmoorkoff, I'm rooting for him, but he's so shaky.

Psycho Dad is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 09:14 PM
  #84
smokersarejokers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
I didn't know that. If we re-assign Mills we lose him?

Shmoorkoff, I'm rooting for him, but he's so shaky.
They wouldn't lose Mills, he just wouldn't be as ready to step up next year when a few guys will be gone.

Mayo was able to step into the top 4 this year, because he played all of last year as a 16 year old.

I think they'll keep Shmoorkoff and Mills and Ben Carroll might be the odd man out.

smokersarejokers is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 09:41 PM
  #85
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 10,434
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokersarejokers View Post
They wouldn't lose Mills, he just wouldn't be as ready to step up next year when a few guys will be gone.

Mayo was able to step into the top 4 this year, because he played all of last year as a 16 year old.

I think they'll keep Shmoorkoff and Mills and Ben Carroll might be the odd man out.
Okay, thanks.

2-1 after 2. Kind of a sloppy game, but still within reach.

Psycho Dad is offline  
Old
10-09-2013, 09:52 PM
  #86
JMecc
#FireLowe
 
JMecc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Goals on Jarry so far tonight would make Dubnyk laugh.

JMecc is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 12:02 AM
  #87
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,279
vCash: 7000
Well, Ive been to two Oil King games so far and Ive seen them score a grand total of two goals. Both scored by Cody Corbett. The lack of scoring depth on the Oil Kings is killing them. Griff was at the arena tonight. He is a sight for sore eyes. Tristan Jarry **** the bed again tonight. Letting in a bizarre goal on the first shot of the game, which really wasnt a shot on goal as it was a dump in that was going a foot and a half wide, but he stuck out his pad and somehow directed it into the back of his own net. Let in another stinker from a bad angle later in the first and that was pretty much all the Tips needed as they potted two empty netters at the end of the game.

Officiating was horrid. I had heard last year that Spurgeon (local ref of ill repute) had been banned from doing any games at Rexall. Didnt see him for most of last season but there he was again tonight, trying his best to be the center of attention. Just a disgraceful display that affected both teams and more importantly the flow of the game (of which there was none) for the fans. **** that ****.

Everett is well coached (by the infamous Kevin Constantine) and were excellent defensively. There were literally no defensive breakdowns and no bad giveaways committed by the Tips all game. Lotz played great and that was the difference. Khaira was big and strong, but his skating isnt even average for the whl. Needs lots of work on that or he will go nowhere as a pro. If the Oil Kings cant get their **** together with Griff, then I believe a full on sale off of anyone worth a **** like Corbett, Reinhart, Samuelsson and Lazar could be in order around the deadline. Jarry has been awful in the two games I have seen, and apparently not much better in the games I have missed.

Next up is Spokane on Friday night. Hard to say what will happen but if tonight was any indication the Oil Kings will get spanked.

Oh and Mirco Mueller was very impressive, big, mobile, and composed. He is going to be a good pro.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 12:29 AM
  #88
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings
 
Psycho Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sherwood Park
Posts: 10,434
vCash: 500
Good review, Lahey.

Hard to believe that Jarry has been so bad this year. He's getting beat on shots that no one would even classify as scoring chances. The guy is going to torpedo or season singlehandedly if he doesn't get his **** together.

Psycho Dad is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 12:35 AM
  #89
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,279
vCash: 7000
One of the long time season ticket holders I talk too regularly said bluntly that he isnt a starting goaltender atm.

He's right. Not good enough. Early days but still. He is costing the team games. Not the only problem, as I indicated they have only scored two goals in the two games I have watched, both of them tonight, and both of them by one player. That isnt going to cut it either. Neither is the constant parade to the box.

One of Laxdall's weak points imo is not being able to get his players to play disciplined when required. They continue to take stupid, useless penalties by the bushelful. The difference this year is they dont have the firepower/depth to overcome the deficits that are created by the volume of pp's they are giving the opposition.

They were out-coached tonight, no doubt about it. Everett was organized and disciplined. The Oil Kings were neither.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 01:06 AM
  #90
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
One of the long time season ticket holders I talk too regularly said bluntly that he isnt a starting goaltender atm.

He's right. Not good enough. Early days but still. He is costing the team games. Not the only problem, as I indicated they have only scored two goals in the two games I have watched, both of them tonight, and both of them by one player. That isnt going to cut it either. Neither is the constant parade to the box.

One of Laxdall's weak points imo is not being able to get his players to play disciplined when required. They continue to take stupid, useless penalties by the bushelful. The difference this year is they dont have the firepower/depth to overcome the deficits that are created by the volume of pp's they are giving the opposition.

They were out-coached tonight, no doubt about it. Everett was organized and disciplined. The Oil Kings were neither.
Curious how has Irving been looking?

Oiltankjob Fail is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 08:00 AM
  #91
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,279
vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Curious how has Irving been looking?
Quite good actually. Im surprised in a good way how much improvement I have seen from last year to this year. He has a very good shot, is a fair size, skates well and is willing to play physical. He still needs to get a bit stronger but ya, he has been a pleasant surprise.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 08:34 AM
  #92
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan
 
Paralyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I believe griff will play with Mayo. Corbett-Sautner
Griff-Mayo
Shmoorkof-Irving

Something like that.
I would soooo love it if we had a guy named Hamm lined up with Mayo.

"Put on Hamm, hold the Mayo"

Paralyzer is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 09:01 AM
  #93
MoneyGuy
Registered User
 
MoneyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
I would soooo love it if we had a guy named Hamm lined up with Mayo.

"Put on Hamm, hold the Mayo"
Oh, Cheese.

MoneyGuy is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 11:11 AM
  #94
HopefulCoach
Registered User
 
HopefulCoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
I would soooo love it if we had a guy named Hamm lined up with Mayo.

"Put on Hamm, hold the Mayo"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Oh, Cheese.
This is was Coach Hamiltons joke when Him, Mayo and trainer Cheeseman were eat u17 together.

Steve Hamilton ‏@hamilton_steve 18 Dec
That's a mid-season wrap for the OilKings...next stop for Ham and Cheese with Mayo is Drummondville #WorldU17Challenge

HopefulCoach is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 12:21 AM
  #95
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,279
vCash: 7000
Very entertaining game at Rexall tonight. Oil Kings taking on the Spokane Chiefs. Love seeing the American teams roll through town. Really liked Spokane's team. Very well coached by Don Nachbaur. Gritty, hardworking, tough, physical team. Very disciplined, good defensively and not afraid to send a message when needed. The thing they lack is offensive firepower despite having the league leading scorer in Mitch Holmberg. Besides Holmberg and Mike Aviani they dont have much scoring up front.

Oil Kings were up to the task tonight and gave as good as they got physically and otherwise. Curtis Lazar was fantastic with two goals and an assist. He pretty much put the team on his back in this one. Jarry was very good tonight. Nice to see the old Jarry back. He stoned Holmberg on a breakaway late with an outstanding save. He didnt face many shots, but he did face some very good chances.

Mike Aviani rocked Griffin Reinhart with a huge open ice hit. The Chiefs were targeting him all night trying to get him off his game. Markson Bechtold took a run at Reinhart and Aaron Irving of all people came to his defense, dropping the mitts and getting into a spirited scrap. Loved to see the Oil Kings stand up for each other like that. Irving has been a huge surprise for the Oil Kings this season. I cant overemphasize how much he has improved since last year in all areas of his game. He is someone to keep an eye on along with Mads Eller. Both are draft eligible this year and could be worth a later round pick. Eller was passed over this past draft but he is very quick and is quite physical, and he hits like a truck.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
10-12-2013, 01:12 AM
  #96
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Very entertaining game at Rexall tonight. Oil Kings taking on the Spokane Chiefs. Love seeing the American teams roll through town. Really liked Spokane's team. Very well coached by Don Nachbaur. Gritty, hardworking, tough, physical team. Very disciplined, good defensively and not afraid to send a message when needed. The thing they lack is offensive firepower despite having the league leading scorer in Mitch Holmberg. Besides Holmberg and Mike Aviani they dont have much scoring up front.

Oil Kings were up to the task tonight and gave as good as they got physically and otherwise. Curtis Lazar was fantastic with two goals and an assist. He pretty much put the team on his back in this one. Jarry was very good tonight. Nice to see the old Jarry back. He stoned Holmberg on a breakaway late with an outstanding save. He didnt face many shots, but he did face some very good chances.

Mike Aviani rocked Griffin Reinhart with a huge open ice hit. The Chiefs were targeting him all night trying to get him off his game. Markson Bechtold took a run at Reinhart and Aaron Irving of all people came to his defense, dropping the mitts and getting into a spirited scrap. Loved to see the Oil Kings stand up for each other like that. [B]Irving has been a huge surprise for the Oil Kings this season. I cant overemphasize how much he has improved since last year in all areas of his game Both are draft eligible this year and could be worth a later round pick. Eller was passed over this past draft but he is very quick and is quite physical, and he hits like a truck.
Great to hear he is a good kid.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 08:40 PM
  #97
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 34,279
vCash: 7000
Power is out at Rexall.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
10-16-2013, 01:55 AM
  #98
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
I Know A Thing Or 6
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: About Winning
Posts: 50,812
vCash: 500
Moroz really tagged Hart.


__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline  
Old
10-16-2013, 10:42 AM
  #99
40oz
..........
 
40oz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Moroz really tagged Hart.


For context, Hart did this 11 days ago.

40oz is offline  
Old
10-16-2013, 11:12 AM
  #100
Rafters
Registered User
 
Rafters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Medicine Hat
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
For context, Hart did this 11 days ago.
Could sure use that approach around the oilers right now...cheap shot our stars, get ktfo

Rafters is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.