HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Is there a way to get roster updates on NHL 14 without xbox live?

Old
10-06-2013, 09:51 AM
MrClutch86

vCash: 50
Is there a way to get roster updates on NHL 14 without xbox live?

I just bought NHL 14 and I do not have or plan on getting live. I was wondering if there was a way to get a roster update on the game without having to pay? Thanks in advance.
Also mods--sorry if this thread is on the wrong forum, im new here.

MrClutch86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Bad News Bears
All goalies be trash

vCash: 634
Live is free, it's just Live Gold that you have to pay for. You only need an internet connection into your xbox to have Live working, and to download updates.

Alternately, you can visit the NHL 14 forum and there is an awesome guy doing updates that you can install via USB.

Bad News Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Kevin8se7en
Ooohhh can do!

vCash: 500
You do in fact need an Xbox live Gold subscription to get roster updates. It's stupid but it's an EA thing apparently. They consider it an update and not a patch.

However, you can get a USB Flash Drive and download the update online from your computer or from a buddy's place.

Here's a link with the newest rosters if you want to use the Flash Drive method:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html

You can also buy some 48-hour Xbox live Gold cards on eBay (They use to come with new games) for like $2 or something.

Third option would be to get a buddy with Xbox Live Gold to log in to your Xbox with his account and download the roster to the Hard Drive for you.

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Atomsmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
You do in fact need an Xbox live Gold subscription to get roster updates. It's stupid but it's an EA thing apparently. They consider it an update and not a patch.

However, you can get a USB Flash Drive and download the update online from your computer or from a buddy's place.

Here's a link with the newest rosters if you want to use the Flash Drive method:

You can also buy some 48-hour Xbox live Gold cards on eBay (They use to come with new games) for like $2 or something.

Third option would be to get a buddy with Xbox Live Gold to log in to your Xbox with his account and download the roster to the Hard Drive for you.
No, you in fact don't. Never, ever have had to as long as I can remember. I don't bother getting Gold because I don't play online and I always update my rosters. All you need is an internet connection.

Not sure why you would tell this person they have to pay unless you're selling for Xbox?

Atomsmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 01:09 PM
HaroldDruken
XBOX ONE

I'll send you a 2-day gold xbox live code if you want. Got a couple kicking around. PM me if you need it.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post

You've never needed Gold in the past to update rosters or tuners--only for online play. Are you sure of this? Can you provide a link?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote