HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is the beer too expensive at the bell centre?

View Poll Results: Is the beer at the Bell centre too pricey
Yes but who cares... 40 35.71%
No it's ok.. 4 3.57%
Yes and we should stop buying it until they lower the price 68 60.71%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-28-2006, 11:17 PM
vcx*

vCash: 500
GM place isn't cheap, but i always buy beer anyway, regardless of how expensive it is. Not smart, i shouldn't buy like 5-6 beers a game (man do i pee like a racehorse and the beer is watered down big time).

Going to games isn't like back in the day, when my dad used to take me and my brother for like 100 bucks altogether. Now if you go, you spend 100+ a person and really if you can afford that, the food prices are not going to be an issue. Now i'm not speaking like some snobby guy, i have had a privileged life mostly cuz of my parents, so i can understand how some people find it a rip off and while i was in highschool and college and had to buy my own stuff when i got to games i learned the value of a dollar and wouldn't buy much stuff at all. But now that i buy my own tickets and have a career instead of a part timer at some retail gig or at my parent's companies, i don't really pay much attention. I mean hot dogs aren't cheap and the beer is pricey and it really shouldn't be.

But if you look at it, the concession people pay to be there, so they have to make money also as i highly doubt the rent is cheap for these guys to rent out the stalls/booths to serve their food. So you get inflated prices and that's how your going to stay above the red at the end of the night, simple business. My brother's wife whines about the price a lot yet we are the ones buying her the stuff, haha. GM place sorta sucks though. Big screen woop-d-freakin doo.

The teams should realize that the corporate fools buy tickets but rarely show up, the ones they want there are the ones that can't afford to buy the tickets and pay for the food there, they gotta drop the ticket prices so the food prices can stay the same and not be that big of an issue. Every year they raise the tickets, last year after the lockout, the ticket drop lasted how long for some teams? 20 games? some teams didn't even change them. Not really smart to do that to your own loyal fans, pisses me off.

Last edited by vcx*: 11-28-2006 at 11:24 PM.
vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 11:33 PM
Habbadasher

Beer is crazy expensive at all of the 30 rinks, what ya gonna do?

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2006, 11:44 PM
-_-

It is !!!... well, i was at the bell centre tonight and I won a free beer because i yelled my lung out ! (thats right, they are giving free beers in the molson ex sections to those screaming out loud)

-_- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 12:00 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I have to laugh when I see guys in the blue seats putting away 4 or 5 beers...it's like he saved the money on the ticket just so he could drink at the game.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 12:06 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
It's awful...And I think they put soap in the beer.
what?

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 12:29 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Paying for Molson Ex .. any price is too expensive.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 07:02 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Paying for Molson Ex .. any price is too expensive.
quote of the decade

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 07:02 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
Beer is crazy expensive at all of the 30 rinks, what ya gonna do?

yeah don't do anything that's how things change in this world

Old
11-29-2006, 08:57 AM
DCL72

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think they charge enough.

My logic:

There's a million places I, or someone else, can get drunk. And I've succeeded, as have many others. When I plunk down my hard earned money for hockey tickets, that's what I want. A hockey game.

I've had too many sporting events ruined by some loud, obnoxious drunk that was falling down, throwing up, spouting utter nonsense, or as someone else mentioned, not being able to hang onto their cup. So, if you people are desperate enough to have it at any cost, yeah, I want the Bell Centre to make it so expensive that you won't ruin the event for me.

DCL72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 02:06 PM
yvresgyros

Like Axel Foley used to say after being asked 7 bucks for a beer in a strip joint:
"I can get blown for 7 bucks!"

yvresgyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 02:11 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
I agree that this is not a legitimate question or debate...

If the beer was too expensive, they would lower the price. Obviously as it is they are selling plenty.

Is it more than beer is "worth"? Sure, you can get beer cheaper elsewhere. But no one is forcing the Bell Centre beer on people, and people continue to buy it, thus it is priced reasonably. Supply and demand.

Besides, the Bell Centre doesn't want a building of 21,000 drunks. If you want to get drunk, go watch the game at a bar.

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 02:17 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Everything is too expensive at the Bell Centre including parking

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 05:02 PM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Everything is too expensive at the Bell Centre including parking
I park on the side streets = FREE or at the Bar B Barn parking lot $3 if you go in for dinner.

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 06:31 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post

If the beer was too expensive, they would lower the price. Obviously as it is they are selling plenty.

Is it more than beer is "worth"? Sure, you can get beer cheaper elsewhere. But no one is forcing the Bell Centre beer on people, and people continue to buy it, thus it is priced reasonably. Supply and demand.

Besides, the Bell Centre doesn't want a building of 21,000 drunks. If you want to get drunk, go watch the game at a bar.
what would be a legitimate question then?

Old
11-29-2006, 07:21 PM
Dr_Hook

Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post

Supply and demand eh ? Then, how about ending the Molson monopoly and allow some competitors in ? I guarantee you that with some Budweiser and Old Milwaukee's stands in the building, beers are not selling for 9$ a glass very long, as they shouldn't be ! I understand that there is a premium to pay for beer at a hockey game or a concert, but you got to keep it whithin the boundaries of decency, which are far behind us in that case...

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 08:24 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

well the results are pretty clear... how should we start the official boycott?

Old
12-02-2006, 08:39 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
I park on the side streets = FREE or at the Bar B Barn parking lot $3 if you go in for dinner.
I like the BB Barn...as mentioned, everything seems expensive at the Bell Centre, but whatcha gonna do, that's pro sports...For the past few years, I have flown up from Nova Scotia on Superbowl Weekend to see 2 games, it is a fair bit of $$$ but to see the Habs in action at the Bell Centre is truly alot of fun. Last year Huet shut out the Bruins and the Flyers, it was an awesome weekend...As for the Beer, I might get one, but that would be it, it is too expensive, but either before or after the game, I'll have a couple at the Cage Aux Sports, and just simply enjoy the atmosphere...If you can get the chance to go to any Habs game, I would highly reccommend it, every Habs fan should their team play live at their home rink, the atmosphere is amazing, and kudos to all of the fans that go every night, 21273 fans, sellout after sellout...the city and it's fans should be congratulated....

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote