HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ticket Prices 2013-2014

View Poll Results: Are you renewing or buying season tickets at these prices?
Yes 45 54.22%
No 28 33.73%
Undecided 10 12.05%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-08-2013, 07:37 PM
MGF0723

vCash: 500
Are they doing hard tickets or are they all electronic in that credit card thing that a lot of teams have been switching to now?

Old
10-08-2013, 07:46 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGF0723 View Post
Are they doing hard tickets or are they all electronic in that credit card thing that a lot of teams have been switching to now?
Hard tix.

Old
10-08-2013, 08:57 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Just an update, MSG dumped FedEx like Avery's sloppy seconds and is shipping everything UPS this year. My tix will be here by Thursday at the latest

Old
10-08-2013, 11:02 PM
eKardz

i'm out of town until the 24th! I can't wait to get my tickets, I should be expecting a phone call from the family soon to let me know.

Old
10-09-2013, 12:04 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

I think these are the guys who are printing tickets for MSG and other pro teams in our area: http://www.wwlinc.com/ (Weldon, Williams and Lick, Inc.)

Old
10-09-2013, 04:50 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

ok, I figured out what the deal is with the tickets - they sent the STH card separately from New Jersey. I just got mine along with the tenure pin and the useless $10 parking coupons. I'm guessing there's not even gonna be the "free midget soda when you buy $500 worth of overpriced food" offer this year. The actual tickets are in transit via UPS from Arkansas and are supposed to get here tomorrow. I'd be surprised if anyone actually has their ticket booklets yet

Old
10-10-2013, 07:18 PM
CarlosDanger
Beast Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
ok, I figured out what the deal is with the tickets - they sent the STH card separately from New Jersey. I just got mine along with the tenure pin and the useless $10 parking coupons. I'm guessing there's not even gonna be the "free midget soda when you buy $500 worth of overpriced food" offer this year. The actual tickets are in transit via UPS from Arkansas and are supposed to get here tomorrow. I'd be surprised if anyone actually has their ticket booklets yet
Mine didn't show up today... Anyone get lucky?

Old
10-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Rangers110

I got mine today, Live in NJ

Old
10-11-2013, 08:45 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers110 View Post
I got mine today, Live in NJ
I only got half my tickets, they're sending a second UPS package next week

Is it me or does it look like they messed up the ink on the tickets?

Old
10-11-2013, 09:12 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Opening night tickets are custom:

Old
10-11-2013, 10:31 AM
OKnumber25

Quote:
I only got half my tickets, they're sending a second UPS package next week

Is it me or does it look like they messed up the ink on the tickets?
Got my complete full season package yesterday (Thursday). I live in Westchester.

Old
10-16-2013, 08:41 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Just got my Knicks tickets, and they are really nice. They did a whole re-design this year with vertical length tix instead of horizontal. The ink is sharp, bright, and high resolution.

They totally skimped on the Ranger tix!

Old
10-16-2013, 10:03 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Just got my Knicks tickets, and they are really nice. They did a whole re-design this year with vertical length tix instead of horizontal. The ink is sharp, bright, and high resolution.

The Rangers tickets of the last few years all look the same, to me.

I wish they would go back to the thinner tickets they used in 98, 99, etc. Could actually fit those in my pocket/wallet without ruining them, or a normal size envelope when I had to mail them out.

Old
10-16-2013, 04:48 PM
sbjnyc

Quote:

My recollection is that the organization has almost always done a better job with knicks tix than rangers tix.

Old
10-16-2013, 04:52 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
My recollection is that the organization has almost always done a better job with knicks tix than rangers tix.
I think the Ranger tix will get a similar redesign for next year. It's nice when they mix it up a little. I just wish the Ranger tix came with more perks. Concesssions are so stupid expensive it would be nice if they gave us a rewards card with like $100 of credit for whatever we want at the garden. They mark everything up 50-90% anyways, it's the least they could do - cheap bastads!

Old
10-16-2013, 10:16 PM
eKardz

Quote:
I think the Ranger tix will get a similar redesign for next year. It's nice when they mix it up a little. I just wish the Ranger tix came with more perks. Concesssions are so stupid expensive it would be nice if they gave us a rewards card with like $100 of credit for whatever we want at the garden. They mark everything up 50-90% anyways, it's the least they could do - cheap bastads!
i like the merch discounts, especially when it is on garden exclusive merchandise, like that 85th with the numbers sewn in the tail, or the playoff or regular season msg exclusive t-shirts. also sometimes they let us use the discount on sale items, so it's good for that.

Old
10-17-2013, 06:48 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
50-90%? Last time I checked those $5 waters ran ~$1 at Duane Reade. lol

It yeah, definitely time for a ticket redesign. And its like they don't even try any more. They just stuffed them in an envelope this year.

Old
10-17-2013, 07:50 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
50-90%? Last time I checked those $5 waters ran ~$1 at Duane Reade. lol
Well I guess I was calculating differently (+$4 / 5 = 80%) but you definitely get the drift!

Old
10-17-2013, 07:57 AM
sbjnyc

Quote:
They mark up the prices because they can and don't give us food coupons because they don't have to. It sucks.

Old
10-17-2013, 08:09 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
They mark up the prices because they can and don't give us food coupons because they don't have to. It sucks.
That's right, and if the Rangers were sucking muck at the bottom of the standings for a couple years I'm sure it would be a completely different story.

Old
10-17-2013, 09:31 AM
sbjnyc

Quote:
That's right, and if the Rangers were sucking muck at the bottom of the standings for a couple years I'm sure it would be a completely different story.
I prefer the crappy coupons to the alternative but I also prefer no coupons to the 1.8% discount ones they've sent in the past.

Old
10-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Unlikely we will ever see a major ticket overhaul again. It's obvious they are strongly trying to move everyone toward e-ticketing.

Old
10-18-2013, 04:49 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
Unlikely we will ever see a major ticket overhaul again. It's obvious they are strongly trying to move everyone toward e-ticketing.
Yeah that is a trend, I'm just glad in New York State it's illegal for venues to issue tickets that can't be transferred or resold. New Jersey is passing a similar law and it's going to be even better because it'll force the teams and event promoters to disclose exactly how many tickets are being sold, just so they can't manipulate sales like the Rangers & Knicks are doing now. But hopefully STHs are vocal enough here to keep the hard tickets as an option. They charge $25 per account for the hard ticket option now. I'm not sure what their cost is on printing a ticket booklet but I'd probably be willing to pay $50 just to have those hard tickets as souvenirs.

Quote:
I prefer the crappy coupons to the alternative but I also prefer no coupons to the 1.8% discount ones they've sent in the past.
Well they've now completely done away with all coupons except for those $10 off parking which is stupid because you can easily find free parking after 7 pm within a 6 block radius of the Garden. Or if you prefer checking it, you can hit up nyc.bestparking.com to find the cheapest garages in manhattan which end up being cheaper than the Meyers garages even AFTER the $10 coupons

What would be really sweet is if every 5 years or so they gave you a free pair of new Bauer or CCM hockey skates =)

Old
10-18-2013, 05:06 PM
niinah
Section 214

One of the only reasons I have Optimum triple play is flat $19 parking any time at Meyers, up to 10 hours.
Pretty sure they won't allow that $10 coupon on top of that (?)

edit: lol inadvertently wrote triple pay (which is closer to the truth)

Old
10-18-2013, 05:09 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by niinah View Post
One of the only reasons I have Optimum triple play is flat $19 parking any time at Meyers, up to 10 hours.
Pretty sure they won't allow that $10 coupon on top of that (?)

edit: lol inadvertently wrote triple pay (which is closer to the truth)
Is that because Dolan owns Meyers or is it because Meyers wants to keep MSG happy and keep promoting their garages?

Last edited by GordonGecko: 10-18-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Closed Thread