HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Dandenault experiment

Old
12-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Guillermo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Guillermo Send a message via Yahoo to Guillermo
The Dandenault experiment

For the last few games, Dandenault was put on the fourth line with Bégin and Murray. He actually did pretty well : pretty good checks, great forecheck! I even believe this is the best fourth line since the beginning of this year. However, it's pretty clear that he doesn't enjoy 1) his reduced ice-time and 2) not playing at his usual position. Carbonneau also stated that this was a temporary situation. Bringing him back on defence will expose once again our weak 4th line. Add the return of Higgins on the first line and we'll probably have a Latendresse-Bégin-Murray/Downey line that gave awful results earlier in the season. My first question for you is the following : are you still comfortable with that fourth line and if not, what would you do to fix it? Bring up Lapierre? Claim a decent fourth liner on waivers? Play with 7 d-men?

Besides, the return of Dandenault would give us 8 healthy d-men. Now, let's forget about Niniima for a long term solution. Considering what I've seen in the last few games, I feel that Dandenault is ahead of Bouillon on the depth chart. IMO, it's Bouillon vs Streit. While Bouillon might have been clearly superior last year, well this is far from being the case right now. He is obviously still getting into game shape. Against Carolina, he made a few glaring errors in his zone (I couldn't believe hearing Pedneault praise him). I thought his short stint on the PP was not convincing at all. Let's be honest, it has never been his force. We like him for his intensity, body checks and speed. On the other side, we have Streit who is IMO slowly becoming a steady NHL 6th defenceman. Convincing first pass, accumulating points on the PP, a low booming shot usually on net. We have seen this year the uber importance of the PP for the successs of our team and I don't feel comfortable with Bouillon on it. My opinion is that we should play with 7 d-men, alterning Bouillon and Streit on the last pair depending on the situation. What are your opinions on the matter?

Guillermo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 03:21 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bûcheron View Post
For the last few games, Dandenault was put on the fourth line with Bégin and Murray. He actually did pretty well : pretty good checks, great forecheck! I even believe this is the best fourth line since the beginning of this year. However, it's pretty clear that he doesn't enjoy 1) his reduced ice-time and 2) not playing at his usual position. Carbonneau also stated that this was a temporary situation. Bringing him back on defence will expose once again our weak 4th line. Add the return of Higgins on the first line and we'll probably have a Latendresse-Bégin-Murray/Downey line that gave awful results earlier in the season. My first question for you is the following : are you still comfortable with that fourth line and if not, what would you do to fix it? Bring up Lapierre? Claim a decent fourth liner on waivers? Play with 7 d-men?

Besides, the return of Dandenault would give us 8 healthy d-men. Now, let's forget about Niniima for a long term solution. Considering what I've seen in the last few games, I feel that Dandenault is ahead of Bouillon on the depth chart. IMO, it's Bouillon vs Streit. While Bouillon might have been clearly superior last year, well this is far from being the case right now. He is obviously still getting into game shape. Against Carolina, he made a few glaring errors in his zone (I couldn't believe hearing Pedneault praise him). I thought his short stint on the PP was not convincing at all. Let's be honest, it has never been his force. We like him for his intensity, body checks and speed. On the other side, we have Streit who is IMO slowly becoming a steady NHL 6th defenceman. Convincing first pass, accumulating points on the PP, a low booming shot usually on net. We have seen this year the uber importance of the PP for the successs of our team and I don't feel comfortable with Bouillon on it. My opinion is that we should play with 7 d-men, alterning Bouillon and Streit on the last pair depending on the situation. What are your opinions on the matter?
i think we should leave dandenault on the fourth line and make a trade for a top four defenceman , bouillon would be number five with streit/rivet alternating at number six . remember , if dandenault remains a regular on the fourth line it would be like dressing seven d-men anyway because he could be an injury replacement mid game or play defence on the second pk unit . if a trade is made for a d-man what would you think of a fourth line comprised of begin-dandenault-bouillon , because i think frankie , with his speed and skill would be a terrific fourth line forward , but of course that would leave us a little thin on defence with a third pairing of rivet/streit but with perhaps the fastest fourth line in the league . i just a thought .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 06:22 PM
KaptainKourage*

I think Dandenault dont want to stay on the 4th line permantly

KaptainKourage* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 06:53 PM
habsfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptainKourage View Post
I think Dandenault dont want to stay on the 4th line permantly
i think dandenault should do whats best for the team .

habsfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 09:10 PM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
i think we should leave dandenault on the fourth line and make a trade for a top four defenceman , bouillon would be number five with streit/rivet alternating at number six . remember , if dandenault remains a regular on the fourth line it would be like dressing seven d-men anyway because he could be an injury replacement mid game or play defence on the second pk unit . if a trade is made for a d-man what would you think of a fourth line comprised of begin-dandenault-bouillon , because i think frankie , with his speed and skill would be a terrific fourth line forward , but of course that would leave us a little thin on defence with a third pairing of rivet/streit but with perhaps the fastest fourth line in the league . i just a thought .
First I would ask who are you trading to get a top four defenceman?
Second, no I don't like this 4th line suggestion because there is no real centerman as Begin is best on the wing and Dandenault and probably Bouillon as well would hate it. Unhappy players are rarely productive.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 09:12 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
What could Dandenault fetch in a trade?

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Bunka Gurndeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
What could Dandenault fetch in a trade?
A DNA sample of Mike Johnson?

Bunka Gurndeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Kue
Interviewing for GM

We need a legit 4th line Center.

Dandenault needs to play defense, because that is where he is most effective.

Striet needs to be #7 D, getting games every so often over the cube.

Niinimia needs to just go away.

Kue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 10:04 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Streit at 600k is great. Bouillon at 1.8 milliom just plain sucks. Niinimaa, Dandenault and Bouillon make 6.1 million together... That's too much and it's exactly were we made a huge mistake imo. We would've been better off giving this money to someone else (ie : great top line center, or an impact forward or a top line blueliner...)

ChemiseBleuHonnete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 10:14 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
i think dandenault should do whats best for the team .
Which is staying on defense. Im frankly tired to see him play forward. Dandenault is a good puck rusher and he plays with an edge and intensity we need him on D.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 03:07 AM
Toro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienFan11 View Post
We need a legit 4th line Center.

Dandenault needs to play defense, because that is where he is most effective.

Striet needs to be #7 D, getting games every so often over the cube.

Niinimia needs to just go away.
here is how we address all this

trade some or all of niinimma, ryder, samsonov, pics. for a legit top 2 center

that way pleks moves to center the 4th with begin on his wing along with lapierre/murray

higgins/ koivu/ lats

? /(Center we trade for) / Kovalev

Perez/ Bonk/ Johnson

Begin/ Pleks / Murray//lapierre

?= either ryder or samsonov or kostitsyn depending who is left after trade.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2006, 01:58 PM
badfish
Habs fan in SK

Try Streit on the fourth line. I'm telling you, it would work.

badfish is offline   Reply With Quote