HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4 || Toronto Maple Leafs 0-4 Nashville Predators || Oct 10, 2013 || 8:00 pm ET

Old
10-10-2013, 10:38 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
At the time we still had Weber and Suter at the top with Klein and Blum coming off of some impressive play together. Josi was still coming up. Ellis was still coming up. Ekholm was another one penciled in to be on the move up the depth chart.

It may have ended up being a bad move since we weren't able to use Lombardi's money to retain Weber, Suter and Rinne all, Ellis hasn't looked all that great, and Blum busted. It was still a gamble that favored Poile at the time it was made.

10-10-2013, 10:39 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I don't think we could have waived him. Wasn't he on LTIR? Aren't players on LTIR unable to be waived?
correct

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Jarnberg

Everyone wanted the team to get back to Predators hockey....

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Nithoniniel

I wasn't talking about the trade as much as Franson personally. I had a feeling he had got stuck in his development in Nashville. With Nashville's depth on defense I could see him missing his chance and stagnating.

But like ThirdManIn said you guys know how to develop defensemen, and you know the Franson situation better than me, so I'm sure you are right.

Nithoniniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 10:45 PM
utkpred

Our offense is absolutely anemic. It was painful to watch in person.

utkpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 10:56 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Over 50 shot attempts by the Preds. Plenty of zone time. The desired offensive chances were there although the quality was questionable on some.

Our defensive zone play and PK should be on the side of milk cartons because they are missing right now.
Does anyone know how 5-minute majors are handled with respect to PK %? Does it matter, PK % wise, if you give up multiple goals during a major?

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkpred View Post
Natural Goal Scorer

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 10:57 PM
bloggerfanthe*

Ya good decision not to dress Bourque, Trotz. Get rid of him already.

bloggerfanthe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 10:58 PM
leafs1habs0
Burn the Boats

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkpred View Post
You guys definitely need a finisher like Kessel.. don't see any game breakers in your lineup.

I didn't think Fisher should have gotten tossed for that hit - boarding yes, but he's not a dirty player so it was just unfortunate that Cody got opened up like that.

You guys had your chances early, and had Reimer been in net, you would likely have won - Bernier 8-1 against you guys.. just.. wow.

Anyhow, good luck for the rest of the season.

leafs1habs0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Swervin81
Leaf fan Wild bndwgn

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
I'll give you one guess where this guy is from....
Given his handle, Jesse Pinkman's house?

Swervin81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 11:02 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs1habs0 View Post
You guys definitely need a finisher like Kessel.. don't see any game breakers in your lineup.
Yup. Been a problem for a while

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 11:15 PM
NoNecksCurse

that team toughness though !!!

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 11:31 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
that team toughness though !!!
Yeah, grr! Hendricks, grr! Clune, grrrrr! GRRRRR!

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 11:40 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Maybe they can scare some pucks into the net.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 11:58 PM
RomanEmpire

You guys are cracking me up. I still see absolutely zero reason that Hendricks is here.

RomanEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 12:04 AM
nashpreds

I haven't been so mad at a game in a long time. 30 shots right into Bernier's chest of course he's going to ****ing stop it.

nashpreds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 12:14 AM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
You guys are cracking me up. I still see absolutely zero reason that Hendricks is here.
I think they're being sarcastic. Hated it then, hate it now. One can only hope Bourque comes out with something to prove next game.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 12:25 AM
GeauxPreds

Ugh after watching austin peay get pummled 63-7 at home by Eastern Illinois I come to check the scores and see a 4-0 blowout then read the comments/game recap to see general consensus was a lot of 'grit' and determination and "typical predators hockey" and a really bad loss. Obviously this team is young and growing so it'll have its growing pains but how many more games or seasons of this "well they played predators hockey and gave it everything they had" until we have a new coach. I'll stop ranting here as I'm tired and frustrated after a long day and a lot of this is just venting but it's not a good night in smashville and certainly not for Barry Trotz.

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 12:36 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
But he's scary-looking and a Preds draft pick! Fear the grit! Behold the toughness! Grrr! GRRR! GIR!

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 04:38 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Ellis was solid in his protected time over the past two games. Nothing spectacular, but, did what he was supposed to without the huge errors. Ekholm is playing well, but when he does make a mistake it is rapidly heading towards Pekka ... his giveaway in neutral ice during the 3rd last night, for example. Hendricks with a good first period on the perimeter and forecheck .... nothing in the slot, nothing more than typical 4th line grinder play ... still helped his line generate some pressure.

The big problem is we're playing perimeter hockey. Too few players getting to the slot ... even more rare is the player in the slot positioned to do anything more than screen. Shot from the point ... shot from the half wall ... nobody to do anything down low. Looks great when you look at the score sheet afterwards but that isn't an accurate depiction.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 05:39 AM
AintLifeGrand

My dudes, what did I miss ? (Took gf out to dinner for b day last night, Saw we were down 2-0 and went to bed)

AintLifeGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 06:14 AM
cleangene

Quote:
Ellis was solid in his protected time over the past two games. Nothing spectacular, but, did what he was supposed to without the huge errors. Ekholm is playing well, but when he does make a mistake it is rapidly heading towards Pekka ... his giveaway in neutral ice during the 3rd last night, for example. Hendricks with a good first period on the perimeter and forecheck .... nothing in the slot, nothing more than typical 4th line grinder play ... still helped his line generate some pressure.

The big problem is we're playing perimeter hockey. Too few players getting to the slot ... even more rare is the player in the slot positioned to do anything more than screen. Shot from the point ... shot from the half wall ... nobody to do anything down low. Looks great when you look at the score sheet afterwards but that isn't an accurate depiction.
agree 1 zillion percent. even Horns isn't around the net, and that is NOT good news.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 06:46 AM
hockey diva

We can't pass worth a damn. There were times guys had looks but the pass ended somewhere other than their sticks.

I'm telling ya, fans are going to be abandoning the ship if we don't improve soon. We're not even fun to watch right now.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 06:52 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I don't understand the perimeter play when Nystrom and Gaustad our among our leaders in icetime.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 07:23 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:

Plus 1000
Agree entirely with this assessment. Our perimeter shots are easily picked up or blocked. Very few second chances, or in tight. And lacking finish if a breakaway DOES materialize there are few players on this team that could handle it right in bect of circumstances (and I don't include Smith in that group).

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote