HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

What the HELL is going on with Henrik Lundqvist?

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2013, 09:02 AM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I think Hank done with Rangers in his mind. That may effect his play more than anything. He asked himself Is This The Team? And the answer was NO. This team is due for reBuild in af ew years. Not a good time to change the coach. I hated Torts and even do now, but he must have stayed at the helm simply because when new guy makes this team his, the season could be gone astray. The window is closing on Rangers and Lundqvist knows that. Can he be traded? Sure, but not for Malkin straight like it would be 2 seasons ago. By playing like he does he could reduce his value even more. May be he is up to that idea under conciously... I think he is.
He loves it in NY and he doesn't want to leave a moment sooner than he himself decides to do it. Plus, he may stay by leaving Rangers. Islanders have team that has been rebuilt, they need a goalie next season when they are done with Nabokov. Manhattan would still be his. Short distance to Barclays from.
Yeah, nobody has ever accused him of being a consummate professional.

Old
10-10-2013, 09:41 AM
MGF0723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sathers Cigar View Post

Henrik Lundqvist will be fine.
And hopefully not wearing a Penguins jersey.

Old
10-10-2013, 11:42 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah, nobody has ever accused him of being a consummate professional.
Who said he gave himself a slack? Consummate pros often perform poorly, FYI. In other words, professionalism is the special way a worker handles his duties. Results are not part of the definition.

Lundqvist will be fine, I agree. That very statement implies that he is currently not.
Also, Hank would have been signed by now, should he wanted be a Ranger.

Old
10-10-2013, 11:45 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Who said he gave himself a slack? Consummate pros often perform poorly, FYI. In other words, professionalism is the special way a worker handles his duties. Results are not part of the definition.

Lundqvist will be fine, I agree. That very statement implies that he is currently not.
You said he's done with the Rangers. He may be done with them...but not until this season is over. Sure, consummate pros perform poorly, but they don't stop caring about how they perform while they are under contract. I don't think he's the type of person to act that way.

Old
10-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:

I don't know about that, but the deal needs to get done. Its truly amazing to me, how the New York Rangers seem to have trouble re-signing EVERYONE. Its always a grind, yet you see other teams churning out long term extenstions with ease.

Lundqvist talks about distraction. IMO, the biggest way to make it a distraction is to remain unsigned.

I'm rarely pro player with contract talks, the Rangers need to pony up and basically give him what he wants. 8 years. I don't care.

Old
10-10-2013, 11:47 AM
M Gaz
Who needs a captain?

Quote:

So that means guys like Callahan and Girardi don't want to be Rangers because they haven't signed an extension yet. Sure, let's go with that.

Old
10-10-2013, 11:57 AM
azaloum90

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Gaz View Post
So that means guys like Callahan and Girardi don't want to be Rangers because they haven't signed an extension yet. Sure, let's go with that.
Don't they have until July 5th of 2014 to resign free agents?

I mean, that leaves us, at worst, 1.5 months to resign our UFA's and RFA's... Come on, it's not like the world is ending

Old
10-10-2013, 06:28 PM
RegalRangers

Here's an optimistic outlook that may also be realistic:

October is historically Hank's worst month. We start October with 9 away games and a new coach with a new system.

By the time Hank's hit his stride and the team is used to AV's system, we're playing a lot more home games than normal. Could lead to a bunch of wins and a lot of momentum and confidence.

Not terrible to have all our growing pains on the road. Once we start playing home games our early struggles can be easily dismissed.

Old
10-10-2013, 06:34 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalRangers View Post
Here's an optimistic outlook that may also be realistic:

October is historically Hank's worst month. We start October with 9 away games and a new coach with a new system.

By the time Hank's hit his stride and the team is used to AV's system, we're playing a lot more home games than normal. Could lead to a bunch of wins and a lot of momentum and confidence.

Not terrible to have all our growing pains on the road. Once we start playing home games our early struggles can be easily dismissed.
Most people cannot comprehend this.

You can't judge a team after 1 game, 2 games, 3 games.

If once they get back home, they are still playing like this, i'll be concerned.

Most human beings have similar attention spans to a goldfish though, which is what makes this place unbearable after losses, let alone disastrous ones like we witnessed the other night.

Old
10-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Baby Punisher

Lundvist sucks.

/Thread

Old
10-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Green Blob*
Rookie User

Just brutal. No confidence with the small pads. He doesnt know where to stand it looks like. Every shot is an adventure.

Old
10-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Crease

Maybe he's having problems at home? Or the lack of a long-term deal is distracting him? I'm not buying the pads excuse at all just yet.

Old
10-10-2013, 10:04 PM
Prophet Kadri

Goalie coaches with the name Allaire seem to be very hit and miss. Give him a coaching change maybe that will fix up something.

Old
10-10-2013, 10:11 PM
Green Blob*
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Maybe he's having problems at home? Or the lack of a long-term deal is distracting him? I'm not buying the pads excuse at all just yet.
Problems at home? Contract issues? The smaller pads issue is a much more likely reason.

Old
10-10-2013, 10:13 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Blob View Post
Problems at home? Contract issues? The smaller pads issue is a much more likely reason.
Are you a goalie? Your conclusion is based on nothing but peculiar timing.

Old
10-10-2013, 10:17 PM
Green Blob*
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Are you a goalie? Your conclusion is based on nothing but peculiar timing.
Are you his physiologist? Blaming his terrible play at problems at home? wtf? Take off the rose color glasses and watch him.

Old
10-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Crease

Quote:
Are you his physiologist? Blaming his terrible play at problems at home? wtf? Take off the rose color glasses and watch him.
I am watching him. He looks awful. It could be for a myriad of reasons. You on the other hand seem sufficiently certain that his issues are because of his pads. No question about it. All founded on solely on coincidental timing.

Old
10-10-2013, 10:25 PM
TheRightWay

vCash: 505
Quote:
How the hell would a couple inches off his leg pads affect shots going past him up high? Has he even been beat 5-hole yet?

Old
10-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Green Blob*
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
How the hell would a couple inches off his leg pads affect shots going past him up high? Has he even been beat 5-hole yet?
Because he has lost his confidence so everything is being effected? Because now he can't play so deep in his net anymore so he is trying to adjust and its not working?

Old
10-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

If all of Hanks goals were 5-hole, I'd buy the pads argument, but, just, no.

You want to tell me that the pads are messing with his angles as far as controlling rebounds? THAT I might believe

Old
10-10-2013, 11:05 PM
nevesis

This thread.

Old
10-10-2013, 11:07 PM
D713B

If out of anyone associated with this team (Management, Coaching, Personnel)...doesn't Hank deserve the longest leash? I'll reserve judgment until AT LEAST mid-season.

Old
10-10-2013, 11:43 PM
kytem2

As a former goalie, I can say that adjusting to new pads (especially if they are a different size) is not that easy.

Old
10-10-2013, 11:46 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
This thread.
The guy with shorter pads is still all we have to hang our hat on, to hell with everyone and anyone that says otherwise.

And this "system" somehow trumped all the other BULL**** defense systems Hank's seen.

We have the clear cut best goalie in the world, and this is the way they intend to keep him.

Old
10-10-2013, 11:50 PM
kytem2

Henrik is by no means the best goalie in the world, why do Ranger fans continue to think this ?

Closed Thread