HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Ducks: The "5, Bazooka, or Juicy Fruit?" Edition

View Poll Results: Poll
5 4 5.13%
Bazooka 16 20.51%
Juicy Fruit 24 30.77%
LUNDQVIST ATTACK 34 43.59%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2013, 07:57 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
God's honest truth. Though I'm an atheist so make of that what you will.
Holy ****, how dumb can one guy be? Wow.

I don't call them the New York Retards for nothing.

Old
10-11-2013, 07:58 AM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best View Post
It's only pre season!
Oh! The ironing!

Old
10-11-2013, 08:01 AM
bubba5

How about we give it the old, it's only the 4th game! and keep that going until game 82.

Old
10-11-2013, 08:02 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
I don't want any prospect called up into this mess right now.

Kreider and Miller need to build confidence in Hartford. Neither is an answer right now.

Calling them up would be EXACTLY the kind of ass backwards, reactionary thinking that has gotten the team to this point. So 99% chance it happens. Just a bunch of clowns.
Agreed. Kreider and Miller need to develop in Hartford. One thing we can probably all agree on as Rangers fans is that the next time these prospects get called up, we want to see them stick. People got pissed last year because Kreider was being sent back and forth from Hartford and that's what will happen this year if he is called up again before he is ready.

It's organization's own fault for not having enough depth, and if they feel the the need to call up two prospects who aren't ready just to see if they give the team a boost, that's a problem. I also think that something could be off in the locker room and there's no need to expose Kreider and Miller to that.

Old
10-11-2013, 08:19 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
The last thing they need to do is bring up Miller and Kreider.

10-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Pistachio
I love your mother

vCash: 50
Fun fact. ONLY line in the game that never allowed a goal while they were on the ice was Boyle, Brassard and Zuccarello.

Old
10-11-2013, 08:27 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Absolutely. This is not the atmosphere to develop young players right now. Not until the team gets their heads out of their collective rears

Old
10-11-2013, 08:28 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Boyle actually played a good game last night

Old
10-11-2013, 08:31 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
So glad the late games are over. Why did I stay up for that abortion?
haha I had to stay up to watch the post game...which was pretty lame, anyway.

"This is a bad hockey team"

Why can't McDavid just be eligible after this year!???

Old
10-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Although I agree that we shouldn't bring them up, I don't think it's the last thing we should do. They would bring some skating and skill to a lineup that has:

Pyatt - AV put him out as the forward on a 5 on 3 against; wow. He's a bad player
Boyle - Great on draws last night; sucked otherwise
Asham - limited skating and passing; 4th liner
Moore - 4th liner
Dorsett - 4th liner with a little skill
Pouliot - 2nd line skating and AHL head. Clueless on the ice

This forward group is just devoid of talent. Cally is a 2nd/3rd line tweener as is Zucc. Richards is playing well (will it last?) and Step is still playing catch up.

Fast was very good last night; and Brass is starting to look more like Blue Jacket Brass which isn't a compliment.

Add that to the fact that Marc Staal has been garbage as has Girardi. And MDZ was god aweful last night. Stralman has been meh; Moore has been bad and even McD has been dragged down by this group.

And then the ultimate surprise, Hank is brutal right now. If Hank had been in both nets last night we would have lost 6 - 4; or something like that.

Pk was solid.

Old
10-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Pistachio
I love your mother

I don't get why they still do the Torts thing of moving the puck up close to the boards, and the instant you get a tiny little bit of resistance, just dump the puck. People need to move more going out of our own zone.

Old
10-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
Boyle actually played a good game last night
Are you blind!? Can't you see how his mere presence in the lineup is the sole cause of all the issues we have.

So what if he is a +/- 0 on a -13 team, it's still his damn fault because Boyle! Booooyle!!!

Seriously, Boyle has probably been our best forward so far. Now that in itself is a big problem, but it isn't Boyle's fault in any way, shape, or form.

Old
10-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
this team is playing like they dont care.. i bet all the crap they say in the interviews is written by Sather and the management.. they dont play with emotion in these blowouts.. it seems like they dont have any heart and us fans know that a lot of these players have heart based on the past.. did their heart leave when Torts left???
They suck; but they played with effort and heart last night. The lineup they put on the ice just doesn't have enough talent. You cannot have two 4th lines and have Boyle and Pouliot in your top 6. That is weak and it showed.

Old
10-11-2013, 08:35 AM
beef 4 lunch

I can't believe I'm saying this, but this team does not need the best goalie in the league. Might be time to consider moving lundqvist for a few good solid young pieces to play forward and maybe a high draft pick. Our lack of talent at the forward positions is remarkable. Regardless of how high people on this board are on Kreider and Miller, they will never develope into what we need.

Old
10-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Pistachio
I love your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Although I agree that we shouldn't bring them up, I don't think it's the last thing we should do. They would bring some skating and skill to a lineup that has:

Pyatt - AV put him out as the forward on a 5 on 3 against; wow. He's a bad player
Boyle - Great on draws last night; sucked otherwise
Asham - limited skating and passing; 4th liner
Moore - 4th liner
Dorsett - 4th liner with a little skill
Pouliot - 2nd line skating and AHL head. Clueless on the ice

This forward group is just devoid of talent. Cally is a 2nd/3rd line tweener as is Zucc. Richards is playing well (will it last?) and Step is still playing catch up.

Fast was very good last night; and Brass is starting to look more like Blue Jacket Brass which isn't a compliment.

Add that to the fact that Marc Staal has been garbage as has Girardi. And MDZ was god aweful last night. Stralman has been meh; Moore has been bad and even McD has been dragged down by this group.

And then the ultimate surprise, Hank is brutal right now. If Hank had been in both nets last night we would have lost 6 - 4; or something like that.

Pk was solid.
So basically: The entire Rangers suck. (Except for Richards. Yet....)

Old
10-11-2013, 08:40 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

Quote:
Are you blind!? Can't you see how his mere presence in the lineup is the sole cause of all the issues we have.

So what if he is a +/- 0 on a -13 team, it's still his damn fault because Boyle! Booooyle!!!

Seriously, Boyle has probably been our best forward so far. Now that in itself is a big problem, but it isn't Boyle's fault in any way, shape, or form.
I'm so tired that it took me like till the last paragraph to realize your post was sarcasm. Makes sense now, no one in their right mind would actually use that many explanation points

Old
10-11-2013, 08:41 AM
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio View Post
So basically: The entire Rangers suck. (Except for Richards. Yet....)

How amazing, right? I mean is this the revenge for last years flamnig of Beavs? Now everybody sucks except for him

Oh Kharma ... why!?!!

Old
10-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Paisano*
Jury is still out...

Rangers need to play Buffalo, get back on track.

Old
10-11-2013, 08:59 AM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

"Now y'all *****es know how it feels" -Brad Richards

Old
10-11-2013, 09:00 AM
nevesis

Everyone needs to take a step back from the ledge. A SERIOUS step back. Things will even out, its an ebb and flow.

The team we saw in L.A. had me excited, the next game was a complete 360. They CAN play a certain way, they just need to do it. It's very early.

Just calm down.

Old
10-11-2013, 09:02 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

I'm just wondering if anyone wants to call my "haha this is the worst lineup I've ever seen". hyperbole, now?

I've seen a worse collection of skaters, but those lines are a disgrace. AV is just making our bad team look even worse. He was NOT the right hire. I had such a bad feeling about it when it happened. This is why I wasn't at all even excited about the season starting...because I saw the writing on the wall.

Old
10-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
The 11-12 Rangers started almost as badly, and didn't have a game as good as the one vs LA in their first nine games. We need to endure this nightmare of a road trip and regroup back home.

This is the last year of the renovations right? Hopefully this type of start will be a thing of the past soon.

Old
10-11-2013, 09:03 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Everyone needs to take a step back from the ledge. A SERIOUS step back. Things will even out, its an ebb and flow.

The team we saw in L.A. had me excited, the next game was a complete 360. They CAN play a certain way, they just need to do it. It's very early.

Just calm down.

Old
10-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
The 11-12 Rangers started almost as badly, and didn't have a game as good as the one vs LA in their first nine games. We need to endure this nightmare of a road trip and regroup back home.

This is the last year of the renovations right? Hopefully this type of start will be a thing of the past soon.
Please point out to me any stretch in '11-12 where they lost 2 games by a combined score of 15-2.

...in fact, try to find that anywhere in the last several years. The '11-12 team got off to a rough start, but they were at least competing and not brain-farting on every single shift.

Old
10-11-2013, 09:10 AM
Sticky Fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
They suck; but they played with effort and heart last night. The lineup they put on the ice just doesn't have enough talent. You cannot have two 4th lines and have Boyle and Pouliot in your top 6. That is weak and it showed.
Totally agree!

Boyle is playing better than the rest of the players in top-6. So it's kinda safe to say that it's Boyle's fault that they look even worse than they really are. Which in itself is an accomplishment.

And for those who saying he wasn't on the ice for any goals against even though he had most ice time among the forwards; he's obviously just choosing to play the easy shifts against the weaker opponents. Lazy ass bum.

And as if that wasn't enough, what about him stealing Kreiders spot in the line up?

And what about he is big and doesn't fight that well?

And the list goes on and on...

Closed Thread