Notices

Team Atlantic

Old
09-27-2013, 11:27 PM
3 Minute Minor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
I have watched Balmas play and think he is capable of playing at that level are the other two that good?
Fitzgerald for goalies yes, but you have to consider what he's being compared to here lol the '97 class of goalers isn't anything exciting like Mason McDonald or Brandon Whitney.

Getson I still have to see more of. I saw him rip apart major bantam as the older kid in the age but that doesn't always translate.

Balmas on the other hand delivered as a first year and a second year (arguably could have held his own in midget last year)

I'm comfortable in saying from what I've seen of Getson thus far, he could easily take a spot of one of those '97s because again they aren't anything exciting after Noel. Some will be good QMJHL, players don't get me wrong.

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 03:06 AM
brec7

Balmas was dominant this past Saturday but he'll have to work harder at the highest level. The game I saw was a blowout so that's probably not the best gauge. I have no doubt he's going to torch midget this year.

brec7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 02:30 PM
ns64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Fitzgerald for goalies yes, but you have to consider what he's being compared to here lol the '97 class of goalers isn't anything exciting like Mason McDonald or Brandon Whitney.

Getson I still have to see more of. I saw him rip apart major bantam as the older kid in the age but that doesn't always translate.

Balmas on the other hand delivered as a first year and a second year (arguably could have held his own in midget last year)

I'm comfortable in saying from what I've seen of Getson thus far, he could easily take a spot of one of those '97s because again they aren't anything exciting after Noel. Some will be good QMJHL, players don't get me wrong.
What about Dixon who is playing junior A second in the league with a 2.12 GAA ? save percentage 936 with a 4-1 record

Last edited by ns64: 09-30-2013 at 02:36 PM.
ns64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 02:31 PM
3 Minute Minor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns64 View Post
What about Dixon who is playing junior A second in the league with a 2.12 GAA ?
he's also 5'7" 140lbs. It'll always work against him regardless of his numbers. We'll have to wait n see!

Old
09-30-2013, 05:06 PM
PorkChopSandwiches

Quote:
he's also 5'7" 140lbs. It'll always work against him regardless of his numbers. We'll have to wait n see!
Honestly its really a shame because ive seen him play many games and he is possibly one of the most athletic and fast goalies ive seen for a few years. His value is higher than that of a 5.7 goalie.

PorkChopSandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 06:23 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey2hockey View Post
Honestly its really a shame because ive seen him play many games and he is possibly one of the most athletic and fast goalies ive seen for a few years. His value is higher than that of a 5.7 goalie.
I watched him play twice this year he is good.He is playing junior A because of his size or he could be in the Q.Skill wise he would be as good as any of the potential U17 goalies but at 5' 7" its tought.

IMO

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 11:06 PM
3 Minute Minor

I'm not judging him for his height but it's reality in 2013, goalies with size are preferable so he could easily be looked over. Could very well depend on who is making the decisions for Team Atlantic though, if they have ties to Truro and/or CB West maybe he has a leg up, granted if that was the case he would have been at the camp.

IMO They have to invite Fitzpatrick if he's playing well leading up to decision day, the 97s aren't good enough and he could definitely use the experience for next year when they have a number of good '98s.

Old
10-01-2013, 09:16 AM
ns64

Quote:
I'm not judging him for his height but it's reality in 2013, goalies with size are preferable so he could easily be looked over. Could very well depend on who is making the decisions for Team Atlantic though, if they have ties to Truro and/or CB West maybe he has a leg up, granted if that was the case he would have been at the camp.

IMO They have to invite Fitzpatrick if he's playing well leading up to decision day, the 97s aren't good enough and he could definitely use the experience for next year when they have a number of good '98s.
Some people say Foulem was the best in Antigonish

Old
10-01-2013, 04:41 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:

Where is Fitzpatrick playing this year.?

Old
10-01-2013, 10:16 PM
3 Minute Minor

Quote:
Where is Fitzpatrick playing this year.?
Newbridge Academy
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=216160

Old
10-02-2013, 02:56 PM
ns64

Quote:
They will be able to get a look at him at the Monctionan in November before they finalize the team.I am thinking the team in the most part is already picked except for a couple of question marks.If I remember last year you were close with the team you picked.

Old
10-02-2013, 08:57 PM
3 Minute Minor

Quote:
They will be able to get a look at him at the Monctionan in November before they finalize the team.I am thinking the team in the most part is already picked except for a couple of question marks.If I remember last year you were close with the team you picked.
I don't remember but Team Atlantic is usually easy to predict because there's 6-9 kids in QMJHL, a few that are playing Jr. A and then sprinkle in a few wild cards or underagers and you're going to be relatively close lol

Old
10-03-2013, 08:29 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
I don't remember but Team Atlantic is usually easy to predict because there's 6-9 kids in QMJHL, a few that are playing Jr. A and then sprinkle in a few wild cards or underagers and you're going to be relatively close lol
Not really getting the logic here. I am not sure there are 6-9 players from Atlantic playing in the Q, and the ones I can think of are mostly playing a role position and in some cases on a weak team. Take Jake Vance for an example, he isn't really going to take a spot on this team say over the skill ability of JM Leblanc or Alex Jacob, even though both will be in midget.

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 09:14 AM
BondraTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
Not really getting the logic here. I am not sure there are 6-9 players from Atlantic playing in the Q, and the ones I can think of are mostly playing a role position and in some cases on a weak team. Take Jake Vance for an example, he isn't really going to take a spot on this team say over the skill ability of JM Leblanc or Alex Jacob, even though both will be in midget.
Nathan Noel - Saint John
Andrew Picco - Rimouski
Will Thompson - Saint John
Nicholas Welsh - Shawinigan
Adam Holwell - Moncton
Luc Deschenes - Victoriaville
Jacob Vance - Victoriaville

7 guys this year

BondraTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 04:02 PM
3 Minute Minor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
Nathan Noel - Saint John
Andrew Picco - Rimouski
Adam Holwell - Moncton

7 guys this year
Boom.

and that doesn't even include Campbell Pickard who arguably could be in the Q but was squeezed out because of simple mathematics

Old
10-03-2013, 06:06 PM
Canada4Gold1

Quote:
Nathan Noel - Saint John
Andrew Picco - Rimouski
Adam Holwell - Moncton

7 guys this year
You forgot about Phil Myers- Rouyn-Noranda

Canada4Gold1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Claude The Fraud
Win at any cost

Quote:
Nathan Noel - Saint John
Andrew Picco - Rimouski
Adam Holwell - Moncton

7 guys this year
How's he doing so far this year?

I know the season isn't even 10 games, but how is he adapting to the junior level?

Claude The Fraud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2013, 08:39 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Boom.

and that doesn't even include Campbell Pickard who arguably could be in the Q but was squeezed out of the Q as a 16 year old because of simple mathematics
That's my point... there are lots of guys that are good enough to be on team Atlantic but are squeezed out because of simple mathematics. Just because a guy is in the Q as a 16 doesn't mean he is always the best 16 year old in his position in Atlantic Canada. Every team has different needs each year.. some times they have room, sometimes they don't.

Old
10-04-2013, 05:04 PM
3 Minute Minor

Quote:
That's my point... there are lots of guys that are good enough to be on team Atlantic but are squeezed out because of simple mathematics. Just because a guy is in the Q as a 16 doesn't mean he is always the best 16 year old in his position in Atlantic Canada. Every team has different needs each year.. some times they have room, sometimes they don't.
Show me where I said they'll be on the team because they're in the Q though I said Team Atlantic is usually easy to predict, which it is. I said there are 6-9 QMJHL players who will be on Team Atlantic, which there likely will be. And I said there will be some Jr. A players and wildcards (Midget/Prep) / underagers and you can easily predict a Team Atlantic roster and be mostly correct. None of that is me saying they're making the team because of where they're playing right now, it's just a basic summary of what a typical Team Atlantic roster looks like.

Old
10-09-2013, 04:19 PM
BondraTime

Quote:
That really isn't the case for Team Atlantic unfortunately. The talent level is there with 5-10 players compared to most the other teams, but drops off as you get to filling out the team. The top players are playing in the QMJHL, and are almost always on the team. When you have a team made up of 10 + AAA players each year, the cream of the crop (QMJHL) are on the team.

I could be wrong, but I believe the only player in recent memory to play in the QMJHL to not make Team Atlantic was Matthew Boland in 2006, and he made an expansion franchise as a fighter.

Last edited by BondraTime: 10-09-2013 at 04:42 PM.
BondraTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 08:14 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
That really isn't the case for Team Atlantic unfortunately. The talent level is there with 5-10 players compared to most the other teams, but drops off as you get to filling out the team. The top players are playing in the QMJHL, and are almost always on the team. When you have a team made up of 10 + AAA players each year, the cream of the crop (QMJHL) are on the team.

I could be wrong, but I believe the only player in recent memory to play in the QMJHL to not make Team Atlantic was Matthew Boland in 2006, and he made an expansion franchise as a fighter.
So you are saying that Jake Vance who is playing limited time with Victoriaville will be on team Atlantic just because he would be the "perceived" creme of the crop by Q fans? I don't think he was invited to the summer camp, and there are many, many higher end forwards that aren't playing in the Q. Noel and company, of course they are going to be there, but you can't say that about every player that finds a role on a Q team.

Old
10-10-2013, 09:31 AM
ns64

Quote:
So you are saying that Jake Vance who is playing limited time with Victoriaville will be on team Atlantic just because he would be the "perceived" creme of the crop by Q fans? I don't think he was invited to the summer camp, and there are many, many higher end forwards that aren't playing in the Q. Noel and company, of course they are going to be there, but you can't say that about every player that finds a role on a Q team.
Why do you keep bringing up jake Vance I don't remember his name showing up on anyones list.I would say that any of the player's that were at camp that are playing in the Q will be on the team.Vance played U16 which Doug Doull was part of the coaching staff and he was not invited to the summer camp I can't see him taking him on the team , sometimes players attitudes towards coaches or teammates is a determining factor not sure what his is like.Except for a few of the 16 year olds most are getting limited time.

Last edited by ns64: 10-10-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old
10-10-2013, 01:14 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Why do you keep bringing up jake Vance I don't remember his name showing up on anyones list.I would say that any of the player's that were at camp that are playing in the Q will be on the team.Vance played U16 which Doug Doull was part of the coaching staff and he was not invited to the summer camp I can't see him taking him on the team , sometimes players attitudes towards coaches or teammates is a determining factor not sure what his is like.Except for a few of the 16 year olds most are getting limited time.
I keep bringing his name up because I believe he is a very good example of my point . He may not make the team even though he is in the Q... and a guys like JM LeBlanc or Alexandre Jacob will make the team even though they are not in the Q and in my opinion are more skilled than Vance and possibly some of the others in the Q.

Old
10-10-2013, 02:28 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
I keep bringing his name up because I believe he is a very good example of my point . He may not make the team even though he is in the Q... and a guys like JM LeBlanc or Alexandre Jacob will make the team even though they are not in the Q and in my opinion are more skilled than Vance and possibly some of the others in the Q.
Do you really think the Jacob is going to make the team ? he hasn't played since last spring, when is he expected back?

Old
10-11-2013, 01:17 PM
Canada4Gold1

Quote:
Do you really think the Jacob is going to make the team ? he hasn't played since last spring, when is he expected back?
He's expected back in November. Probably be back for the Monctonian like last year.

Canada4Gold1 is offline   Reply With Quote