HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), BCHL, CJAHL, and its leagues.

EOJHL 2013-2014 Season

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-11-2013, 11:35 AM
  #401
hjh08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
C'mon, this was a stupid move by Perth management. Does anyone out there really think they did not know what they were doing ? The players should be pissed. Again, Perth is making the league look like a joke. Maybe they should take a full page out in the Toronto Sun to apologize to their fans and players.
If I was on Perth team I would be livid at the mistake made but on same hand I would be determined to get them back. In the end, the fault lies with management to ensure they follow the rules. If they have questions about the rules of the league they should find out. If they are not 100% on a player, don't play him. You watch now, Perth will miss the playoffs because of 1 or 2 points....after all, it won't be their fault, it will be someone elses....C'mon is right...take responsibility Perth Management and get your act together.
Love Junior hockey.......!

hjh08 is offline  
Old
10-11-2013, 02:21 PM
  #402
valleydude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjh08 View Post
I was listening to the Lake 88.1 Junior Hockey talk, great show, however when Mike McLean was talking he said that there was no evidence or paperwork to support Stittsville's claim of a trade made last year. Talking to Stittsville goalie coach on weekend he said that emails were submitted to the league that showed the "future" part of the deal and that they only did the protest because Perth had protested a comment made by the Stittsville coach which was demanding that he be suspended by it. I am not sure why Mike would say that they do not play the "politics" game when he clearly does. (Does anyone know what comments were made by the Stittsville coach Hammish Fraser that got him in trouble?)
Why would a team not try and get all the points they can. Not only does Stittsville gain one point which isn't a lot really, more importantly Perth loses points. Its a lot harder to chase everyone from the bottom than it is to stay at the top. Also told that Perth knew about the trade way back in Aug/early Sept yet claim they were unaware. Questions on validity of Perth comments on public radio....
I don't think it was Fraser who was suspended. It was the A-Coach.
Falsetti, Gio (Suspended 13 Games)
My understanding was when the new Perth management turfed Hamish and crew an appropriate remark was made on Twitter.

valleydude is offline  
Old
10-11-2013, 07:06 PM
  #403
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat
 
connor macdavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 400
It's on Perth management. I would be pissed as a player because those are points I worked my butt off to earn against good teams. Yes I'd be motivated to get them back, but I'd also be questioning management.

For anyone that's interested, here is the audio file of the Play-by-Play from last night's barn-burner between Ottawa-West and a much-improved Almonte Thunder team:

http://www.spreaker.com/user/ottspor...wgk_vs_almonte

connor macdavid is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 09:56 AM
  #404
OnlytheCH
HockeyTimes
 
OnlytheCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Packers defeat Shawville 5-3 in front of 500 in attendance in Maniwaki, a very tight knit group that should be together for the next few years.


Last edited by OnlytheCH: 02-18-2014 at 09:34 PM.
OnlytheCH is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 01:27 PM
  #405
mittsoff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Manawaki

Big crowd for the game last night, and it was a very entertaining game highlighted by 2 good tilts.. It looks like arnprior will be a contender this year, and it helps they have one of the best goalies in the valley div! Shawville came out surprisingly slow in front of there big home crowd but it appeared that they were missing some key forwards up front.. not sure but injuries might be the problem there

mittsoff is offline  
Old
10-13-2013, 09:55 PM
  #406
connor macdavid
Press Box Rat
 
connor macdavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,376
vCash: 400
Showcase this coming weekend in Alexandria should be pretty intense, though I'm not too sure how intense the early-morning games will be

connor macdavid is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 10:29 AM
  #407
hjh08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Can anyone explain why Zach Rodier was playing in the game on Friday and again on Sunday since he fought a Gatineau player in the last 5 min of a game. Should he not have gotten a Game for fighting in last 10 min of game and have to be suspended for the next meaningful game?
He should have served a game which means he should not have played against Shawville.
If thats the case won't Perth lose another 4 points for him playing? If that happens who is to blame in this case?

hjh08 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 11:23 AM
  #408
Bockwinkel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjh08 View Post
Can anyone explain why Zach Rodier was playing in the game on Friday and again on Sunday since he fought a Gatineau player in the last 5 min of a game. Should he not have gotten a Game for fighting in last 10 min of game and have to be suspended for the next meaningful game?
He should have served a game which means he should not have played against Shawville.
If thats the case won't Perth lose another 4 points for him playing? If that happens who is to blame in this case?
I am not sure if the EOJHL rules are the same as the CCHL but in the latter if there is a fight in the last 10 minutes and a player receives an instigator penalty then the other player receives a only a fighting major with no other supplemental discipline. Hence no 1 game suspension.

Can't confirm without looking at the JR B consitution though.

Bockwinkel is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 11:31 AM
  #409
Jeff077
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Perth, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockwinkel View Post
I am not sure if the EOJHL rules are the same as the CCHL but in the latter if there is a fight in the last 10 minutes and a player receives an instigator penalty then the other player receives a only a fighting major with no other supplemental discipline. Hence no 1 game suspension.

Can't confirm without looking at the JR B consitution though.
You are correct.

Jeff077 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 11:50 AM
  #410
KL14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 394
vCash: 500
Fighting last ten minutes of the game

Are you sure about the rule ? I thought despite who was the instigator (which meant that your team got the extra minor) , that any fighting in the last ten minutes was an automatic next game suspension for both players. I know it was last year in JrB, perhaps it has changed for 2013/2014.

I would be inclined to think for Rodier, that the posting of the time is wrong on the game sheet, and that the fight took place in the first five minutes of the third period game, and not the last five minutes. Often, time keepers or those in putting to Point Streak do not make the necessary conversion...meaning a goal at 19:40 (which is showing on the clock) is really a goal at the 20 second mark of the period and not with 20 seconds left.....not sure if this is case here, but it would make sense given that Rodier played the next game.

KL14 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 12:23 PM
  #411
Jeff077
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Perth, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
Are you sure about the rule ? I thought despite who was the instigator (which meant that your team got the extra minor) , that any fighting in the last ten minutes was an automatic next game suspension for both players. I know it was last year in JrB, perhaps it has changed for 2013/2014.

I would be inclined to think for Rodier, that the posting of the time is wrong on the game sheet, and that the fight took place in the first five minutes of the third period game, and not the last five minutes. Often, time keepers or those in putting to Point Streak do not make the necessary conversion...meaning a goal at 19:40 (which is showing on the clock) is really a goal at the 20 second mark of the period and not with 20 seconds left.....not sure if this is case here, but it would make sense given that Rodier played the next game.
It is a new rule that penalizes the instigator, who I now believe would get 2 games instead of 1 and the non instigator does not receive anything further.
If there is no instigator then both players would receive a 1 game suspension.
The time of the fight on the game sheet was correct.

Jeff077 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 12:31 PM
  #412
KL14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 394
vCash: 500
New rules for fighting

Thanks for the info Jeff077...good to know that the rule has changed.

KL14 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 01:25 PM
  #413
hjh08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
I just got word that an email came down from the league confirming that the players do both get a fight and a game misconduct and that the instigator would get the extra game. That means Rodier should of sat out one game.
Something about it being a Hockey Canada rule and the EOJHL can't remove suspensions but can only make the rules harsher, hence the instigator getting an extra game.
This will be interesting considering Perth had just lost points for an illegal player already....like to be a fly on the wall in Perth room if it turns out Rodier is an illegal player.

hjh08 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 01:41 PM
  #414
Jeff077
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Perth, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjh08 View Post
I just got word that an email came down from the league confirming that the players do both get a fight and a game misconduct and that the instigator would get the extra game. That means Rodier should of sat out one game.
Something about it being a Hockey Canada rule and the EOJHL can't remove suspensions but can only make the rules harsher, hence the instigator getting an extra game.
This will be interesting considering Perth had just lost points for an illegal player already....like to be a fly on the wall in Perth room if it turns out Rodier is an illegal player.
That would make sense to me, not sure if that is how teams have been handling it up to this point, but as I said I would agree with this. My understanding in the above post could be wrong then.

Jeff077 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 01:47 PM
  #415
valleydude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff077 View Post
That would make sense to me, not sure if that is how teams have been handling it up to this point, but as I said I would agree with this. My understanding in the above post could be wrong then.
In the Renfew/Stittsville game a few weeks back, 6 fighting majors were handed out at 19:50 including 1 instigator. All 6 players sat out the next game.

No hockey branch, league or association can reduce the suspensions outlined by Hockey Canada. You can only make them tougher.

valleydude is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 02:01 PM
  #416
Jeff077
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Perth, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitans View Post
In the Renfew/Stittsville game a few weeks back, 6 fighting majors were handed out at 19:50 including 1 instigator. All 6 players sat out the next game.

No hockey branch, league or association can reduce the suspensions outlined by Hockey Canada. You can only make them tougher.
As I said above it would make sense to me that it should be that way, but not totally sure it has been handled that way by all teams or even reads that way in the constitution at this point.

Jeff077 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 02:29 PM
  #417
hjh08
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
So would they lose the points or would they not? It would be tough for the league to take points away from Perth because of a lack of clarity in constitution...but then you are punishing Metcalfe and Shawville for playing by the rules....tough spot to be in.
The rule has always been there and that is a fight gets you a GM so I think in this case the Perth managament should of seeked out clarification with the league, not take it upon themselves to read something how they want to. I'm sure a simple call to the League would have clarified this for them and inreturn caught their error in the constitution.
Can you imagine how mad Perth will be if they lose these points too.....lol
Has there ever been a situation of a player playing while suspended and a team lost their points?

hjh08 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 02:37 PM
  #418
PK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 47
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjh08 View Post
So would they lose the points or would they not? It would be tough for the league to take points away from Perth because of a lack of clarity in constitution...but then you are punishing Metcalfe and Shawville for playing by the rules....tough spot to be in.
The rule has always been there and that is a fight gets you a GM so I think in this case the Perth managament should of seeked out clarification with the league, not take it upon themselves to read something how they want to. I'm sure a simple call to the League would have clarified this for them and inreturn caught their error in the constitution.
Can you imagine how mad Perth will be if they lose these points too.....lol
Has there ever been a situation of a player playing while suspended and a team lost their points?
In minor hockey the coached also received 5 games suspension for allowing a suspended player playing, but this is junior hockey different rules.

PK19 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 06:49 PM
  #419
Policeofficer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
how are the best 1997 born players not drafted in the OHL ?

Policeofficer is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 07:07 PM
  #420
pucksly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
Player's points

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjh08 View Post
So would they lose the points or would they not? It would be tough for the league to take points away from Perth because of a lack of clarity in constitution...but then you are punishing Metcalfe and Shawville for playing by the rules....tough spot to be in.
The rule has always been there and that is a fight gets you a GM so I think in this case the Perth managament should of seeked out clarification with the league, not take it upon themselves to read something how they want to. I'm sure a simple call to the League would have clarified this for them and inreturn caught their error in the constitution.
Can you imagine how mad Perth will be if they lose these points too.....lol
Has there ever been a situation of a player playing while suspended and a team lost their points?
If it turns out that Rodier should have been suspended ... what happens to his points for that game? (he certainly got a few). What about his teammate's who got assists on his goals? Embarrassing for the team and the league.

pucksly is offline  
Old
10-16-2013, 12:21 AM
  #421
Roofus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucksly View Post
If it turns out that Rodier should have been suspended ... what happens to his points for that game? (he certainly got a few). What about his teammate's who got assists on his goals? Embarrassing for the team and the league.
For every game he played after he should of sat out his suspension.
Perth will lose those games and the game scores will be scored as 1-0 losses.
No matter the reason or circumstance a fight in the last ten min of the third is a one game min suspension.

Roofus is offline  
Old
10-16-2013, 08:24 AM
  #422
upinarms
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Policeofficer View Post
how are the best 1997 born players not drafted in the OHL ?
This might be an interesting topic, but please explain a little clearly what you are asking.

upinarms is offline  
Old
10-16-2013, 11:46 AM
  #423
Policeofficer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
i would like to know who are the best 1997 born player who play in this league and they are not drafted or on a protection list by an OHL team

Policeofficer is offline  
Old
10-16-2013, 12:20 PM
  #424
Bockwinkel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Policeofficer View Post
i would like to know who are the best 1997 born player who play in this league and they are not drafted or on a protection list by an OHL team
You must be a scout from the Q who wants to cut down on his homework this week.

Bockwinkel is offline  
Old
10-16-2013, 12:38 PM
  #425
upinarms
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockwinkel View Post
You must be a scout from the Q who wants to cut down on his homework this week.
You are exactly right "Wink". A good "policeman" would get out to some games and ask some questions. Besides we don't need to develop players for the Q.

upinarms is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.