HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fri., Oct. 11 2013|Coyotes 2 at Flyers 1

Old
10-11-2013, 08:49 PM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
I can't believe that this team can't score

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 08:50 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

vCash: 955
I'll amend my good to include Laughton not having to endure this. At least he gets a chance to work on his offensive game with Oshawa.

Psuhockey

This team just doesn't have talent.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SuchySays

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I already have zero faith in Berube's accountability generic ******** he put out upon being hired considering Rosehill was in the lineup tonight but if Rinaldo is in the lineup tomorrow then it's really obvious that it was nothing but posturing.

Might have to play him if Hartnell and Vinny are out.

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Garbage Goal

It's scary to imagine how bad they would be without Mason putting up beyond Vezina-level stats and performances.

Would probably be quite literally one of the worst teams in NHL history based on the games played so far if it were an average to sub-par goalie.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Please. Chances are always going to be tight against a Tippet coached team. They had multiple odd man rushes, a penalty shot, etc. If they had any finish and weren't pressing, this game would be 4-2 win.
I saw few very good chances. Hall had the penalty shot, Schenn had the partial breakaway in the first and Voracek was all alone in front. Other than those three, all of are chances were from way outside and shot right into Greiss.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Luke Schenn 14 min?

What the hell is going on? Did we really just trade for a defender who can't even play 18 min a game?
Per Bill Meltzer, "Based on ice time, I think it's a pretty good bet that Luke Schenn is one of players Chief was referring to being out of "skating shape."

I wonder what Schenn was doing all offseason? Smh...

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Maybe Dreger was right about that ''Flyers source''
The only reason he should be playing so little is if he is injured... and if he is injured he should not be playing.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 08:52 PM
Flyerss

the question is if we get a very high pick should we go with a Dman or a Forward

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Please. Chances are always going to be tight against a Tippet coached team. They had multiple odd man rushes, a penalty shot, etc. If they had any finish and weren't pressing, this game would be 4-2 win.
Our PP was atrocious, our PK was mediocre, we had zero offensive production in reality despite the one goal, Rosehill was playing, and we had stupid penalties across the board.

If it were just one game that would be fine, but it's actually sad when that that was the best effort all season thus far even with a goalie putting up stellar performances and stats. There's literally no way to argue that.

Old
Mota

Lavi really screwed this group up. I mean bad. They look like they had no preparation for the season at all. In fact, it looks like any good this roster had went out the window.

Two years ago this group was 1/3 rookies and were thrown together after having the team blown up...and they were scoring 4-5 goals a game. Now? They can't even get through the neutral zone.

Individually, there are some good things...but the short comings seem to all go back to not being prepared (timing off, lack of conditioning, lack of fluency, etc). As a team? Forget it...its like they are playing blind folded with strangers. This group should be growing together...instead they are becoming less farmiliar with each other. Idk how that is even possible.

I am convinced that Lake Placid trip was just a bunch of sitting around.

Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
This team just doesn't have talent.
The team has talent, their effort is just extremely poor. Notice how the people you actually notice put effort into their game have always looked that way? (Read, Vinny, Hall, [Talbot and Rinaldo too but they are dumb as nails and not very good in the grand scope.])

They just look lost and disinterested besides the few players I listed. Looks like they don't really care what happens. Remember Hall crying after last years last game? That's a tell tale sign of his commitment and effort.

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
Per Bill Meltzer, "Based on ice time, I think it's a pretty good bet that Luke Schenn is one of players Chief was referring to being out of "skating shape."

I wonder what Schenn was doing all offseason? Smh...
He , Brayden, and Hartnell worked out all summer long with weber. Something the schenns do every summer.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 08:53 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazed Flyer View Post
What ****ing happened to our team? Was it losing lappy and pronger that did it? I have to be missing something here.
Hate to bring it up, but ever since the Carter and Richards trades, this organization hasn't been the same.
While individually those trades seem ok from a value stand point, I believe we lost more than their production.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Legion of Goon
.....Flyer Alarm

vCash: 156
The Good- They played a lot better then they did against Florida.

depending on our injuries this season is pretty much over

Legion of Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Psuhockey

Who knew the Schenn brothers were the kiss of death.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 08:54 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

it won't be long before we have to go to purple alert

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
I saw few very good chances. Hall had the penalty shot, Schenn had the partial breakaway in the first and Voracek was all alone in front. Other than those three, all of are chances were from way outside and shot right into Greiss.
And? This isn't open hockey, and those were all grade A quality scoring chances that would likely be goals in they weren't pressing. Three to four scoring chances of that level are all that's to be expected against a tight checking team like Phoenix. You have to capitalize on the few you're going to get.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Garbage Goal

Giroux's leadership being questioned without real reason, Schenn's skating shape and ability being questioned without real reason, and the team is probably the worst I've ever seen it.

This is like the Richards/Carter media fiasco mixed with Space Jam where all of our players have lost their hockey ability.

Old
Swic21

Or why not call up Cousins or McGinn or Akeson or Raffl. Or call them all up and scratch Giroux, Simmer, Hartsy, Couts?

Swic21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Krazed Flyer
Aim for the Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Individually, there are some good things...but the short comings seem to all go back to not being prepared (timing off, lack of conditioning, lack of fluency, etc). As a team? Forget it...its like they are playing blind folded with strangers. This group should be growing together...instead they are becoming less farmiliar with each other. Idk how that is even possible.
^^^ ****ing this, I feel the same way. We should have grown, but instead lines were changed players were traded, and things somewhere along the lines got ****ed up

on another note, I am cursing a lot, man am I ****ing pissed

Krazed Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyingPhilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
Who knew the Schenn brothers were the kiss of death.
I have never been impressed with either Schenn. Granted they are young, but I haven't seen anything from them, especially Brayden that suggests he will be a great player. I hope they make me eat crow in the future.

FlyingPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Appleyard

vCash: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Lavi really screwed this group up. I mean bad. They look like they had no preparation for the season at all. In fact, it looks like any good this roster had went out the window.

Two years ago this group was 1/3 rookies and were thrown together after having the team blown up...and they were scoring 4-5 goals a game. Now? They can't even get through the neutral zone.

I am convinced that Lake Placid trip was just a bunch of sitting around.
I thought at the time the whole Lake Placid thing was bizarrely timed... a friggin week off in the middle of preseason (I know not time off... but no games?). When I read the write up on a few of the practices it seemed all lavi made them do was breakaways and two on ones!

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
He , Brayden, and Hartnell worked out all summer long with weber. Something the schenns do every summer.
It was meant to be a rhetorical question, but thanks. Heh. But I wouldn't doubt it, regardless, that L. Schenn is out of skating shape if he's only logging 14 min.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 08:57 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Maybe Dreger was right about that ''Flyers source''
First thing I thought of when hearing this was this one report out of Toronto when we got him, which said he was blind on one side.
Obviously bogus.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote