HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Fri., Oct. 11 2013|Coyotes 2 at Flyers 1

Old
10-11-2013, 09:08 PM
flyersfan28

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swic21 View Post
Or why not call up Cousins or McGinn or Akeson or Raffl. Or call them all up and scratch Giroux, Simmer, Hartsy, Couts?
i agree for replace hartnell and lecavalier 1week

read- giroux-voracek
simmonds-schenn-cousins
mcginn-couturier-talbot
rosehill-hall-rinaldo

flyersfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Which is a hell of a lot closer to league average than the inflated numbers we saw under Lavy's optional defense system. Thus team is not scoring because they're pressing out the ass. They got their opportunities tonight, they just didn't finish them. That will come around.
Now I know you don't know what you're talking about. Through any of Laviolette's seasons here we've never been anywhere near one goal a game. No team is ever near one goal a game. Even last season we averaged about 2.5 per game (133 in 48 games IIRC, don't feel like doing the math).

The only team doing worse then us so far this season in goals for is Buffalo and that's by one goal.

The league average is probably around anywhere from two to three goals per game in any given season. In what world is one goal a game anywhere near that?

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Appleyard

vCash: 365
I think we are simply cursed.

Almost every season have top 5 man games lost due to injury. Going that way again already this year.

Lose the stanley cup on a shot 90% of people did not even realise had gone in... from a player who should have been ours but for losing the lottery... when no one does that.

Voracek has serious, flukey car crash over summer that could have killed him.

G has one of the bizarrest injuries I have ever heard of.

Prongers career ended to what now seems to be a fluke eye injury.

Bryz... Bob... Primeau... Lindros... Lindbergh... Tertyshny... Ashbee... Sittler

I know the 'C' is cursed for sure... who was the last man to wear it who was not traded, injured, released, gave it up, stripped of it, disappointing?

I don't even believe in that kind of ******** either usually.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Krazed Flyer
Aim for the Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosehead81 View Post
Beat me to the punch. Losing Pronger is bad enough, but this goes back to the dismantling of what appeared to be a sound "plan" with the trading of Richards and Carter, followed by JVR and Bobrovsky, none of who are complaining at this point. Right now it appears that the Flyers have no plan except "win today" which has got them about no-where. Early yet though and this team may find a way to stumble its way to the play-offs and, after that, who knows?
exactly, we had a great team, which then got dismantled, injuries ensued, and chaotic flight plans came about.

Giroux needs to come back from whatever planet he is on. Rinaldo needs to calm the **** down. And we need better chemistry, like we had a few seasons ago. I wish I knew what Berube was thinking right now

Krazed Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyfreak7

Giroux is trying way too hard. It's ugly, but it's not from a lack of effort.

Couturier on the other hand is a ****ing joke. Kid is absolute ass in the offensive zone. I can see how smart he is as a hockey player; he just doesn't have the confidence or tenacity to actually act on it, and that is infuriating. He has absolutely no desire to carry the puck on his stick.

Don't know what else to say. When it rains, it pours. And it is totally pouring right now. The guys just need to take a step back, collect themselves, and forget about everything.

Seriously, if you could erase every player's memory of the last five games, I think tomorrow you'd see exactly the team we thought we had. But bad luck feeds off negativity. And there is negativity being transported by boat loads right now.

Of course, bad luck only applies to the players who are working hard (eg, Giroux, Schenn, Voracek). It doesn't apply to those who are manufacturing their own negativity through uninspired hockey (eg, Couturier, Simmonds).

I say send Couturier down. Let him put up some points and get really pissed off. Scratch Simmonds for a game. Come back tomorrow against Detroit with this:

McGinn-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Lecavalier-Raffl
Akeson-Schenn-Hartnell
Rinaldo-Hall-Talbot

And then execute Rosehill.

EDIT: Forgot about Cousins. Toss him in there somewhere. He'd be a good guy to help shake up the status quo.

Then let Timonen sit one out. Don't care where the hell you send Meszaros; just not to Detroit tomorrow at 7pm.

Then run with this:

Coburn-Streit
Schenn-Gustafsson
Lauridsen-Grossmann

Just send a ****ing message. Wake these guys up. Berube needs to change the status quo in order to get things to change.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 09:10 PM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Hate to bring it up, but ever since the Carter and Richards trades, this organization hasn't been the same.
While individually those trades seem ok from a value stand point, I believe we lost more than their production.
Losing Pronger has had a bigger effect than losing those two, at least Carter. The team was successful even with him out of the line-up.

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 09:11 PM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
It looked like there were at least 2 phoenix players for every flyer out there. Pretty frustrating game to watch.

StandingCow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Losing Pronger has had a bigger effect than losing those two, at least Carter. The team was successful even with him out of the line-up.
Carter is one of the consistently best goal scorers in the league when healthy and he's averaged a goal a game so far this season.

Considering we can't score at all I'd rather have Carter right now especially with how deep we are at center.

Old
10-11-2013, 09:14 PM
Krazed Flyer
Aim for the Head

I think the Pronger loss killed us. He was smart, made plays, hit well, just did almost everything right and that led us places. Now we need leadership and Giroux isn't providing. I wish he would man up and just forget about whatever is bothering him.

I may bash on giroux a lot, but it's because he was my favorite player - apart from Gagne. And now he just continually disappoints

Old
10-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Krazed Flyer
Aim for the Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
It looked like there were at least 2 phoenix players for every flyer out there. Pretty frustrating game to watch.
You did it!!!! Haha your profile pic. Awesome!

Old
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Carter is one of the consistently best goal scorers in the league when healthy and he's averaged a goal a game so far this season.

Considering we can't score at all I'd rather have Richards right now especially with how deep we are at center.
regardless, our run to the Cup proved that we didn't need Carter's production (since he didnt provide much). I said it that off-season, and I'll say it now, Carter should have been moved then instead of Gagne. Not only would we have gotten a better return than what Gagne got us, but we probably still would have gotten the same return (Voracek/1st) and made room to bring in a goalie before Bob took over

doesn't matter now though

RJ8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
What really pisses me off the most...

Pronger's injury aside, This snow ball started when Holmgren actually thought a tandem of Boucher/Leighton could get you back to the cup finals in 10-11 despite how poorly our goaltending was in the 2010 finals.

Holmgren actually goes and gets a decent goaltender, maybe Bob isn't rushed up, maybe all three goalie don't imploded under Lavy's Goalie Roullette wheel and then the summer of 2011 doesn't happen.

FlyerSithLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 09:16 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazed Flyer View Post
I think the Pronger loss killed us. He was smart, made plays, hit well, just did almost everything right and that led us places. Now we need leadership and Giroux isn't providing. I wish he would man up and just forget about whatever is bothering him.

I may bash on giroux a lot, but it's because he was my favorite player - apart from Gagne. And now he just continually disappoints
I'm not one to be big on leadership or at least commenting on it but Pronger was a wonderful leader and elite D. Very few played smarter and utilized what he had better then him.

Old
10-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Garbage Goal

Berube seems more hostile then even Tortorella in post-game interviews.

Old
10-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post

Couturier on the other hand is a ****ing joke. Kid is absolute ass in the offensive zone. I can see how smart he is as a hockey player; he just doesn't have the confidence or tenacity to actually act on it, and that is infuriating. He has absolutely no desire to carry the puck on his stick.

Don't know what else to say. When it rains, it pours. And it is totally pouring right now. The guys just need to take a step back, collect themselves, and forget about everything.

Seriously, if you could erase every player's memory of the last five games, I think tomorrow you'd see exactly the team we thought we had. But bad luck feeds off negativity. And there is negativity being transported by boat loads right now.

Of course, bad luck only applies to the players who are working hard (eg, Giroux, Schenn, Voracek). It doesn't apply to those who are manufacturing their own negativity through uninspired hockey (eg, Couturier, Simmonds).

I say send Couturier down. Let him put up some points and get really pissed off. Scratch Simmonds for a game. Come back tomorrow against Detroit with this:

McGinn-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Lecavalier-Raffl
Akeson-Schenn-Hartnell
Rinaldo-Hall-Talbot

Then let Timonen sit one out. Don't care where the hell you send Meszaros; just not to Detroit tomorrow at 7pm.

Then run with this:

Coburn-Streit
Schenn-Gustafsson
Lauridsen-Grossmann

Just send a ****ing message. Wake these guys up. Berube needs to change the status quo in order to get things to change.
Um, Couturier was fine tonight. Does he need to be more assertive with the puck in the offensive zone? Absolutely.

Sucks that Read had a chance with the top line and probably played one of his worst games ever.

I don't think Simmonds is not trying, but holy crap, I don't think there'd be much of a difference if you removed the guy's blade from his stick at the moment.

Voracek has also been beyond terrible with the puck, which pretty much renders him useless.

I thought Coburn actually had a real nice game for once; he looks like he actually has some confidence.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Krazed Flyer
Aim for the Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I'm not one to be big on leadership or at least commenting on it but Pronger was a wonderful leader and elite D. Very few played smarter and utilized what he had better then him.
Exactly. And he used his size well. Occasionally it would cost him penalties, but he'd come right back up

Old
10-11-2013, 09:19 PM
moosehead81

Quote:

Man, some of these comments go back to 2010-11; just substitute the name "Richards" for "Giroux". Put the "C" on a Philadelphia Flyer player and it's like the kiss of death. Good thing he doesn't party a bit and not get along with the media- give it time and he'll be run out of town too.

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 09:19 PM
StandingCow

Quote:
You did it!!!! Haha your profile pic. Awesome!
If we make the playoffs... we have to use him in it... or at least I will, lol.

Old
10-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
I think Couturier only had one or two shifts I thought were bad. I don't think he's been bad at all. He does look like he needs to be more confident/assertive, though. You can probably chalk that up to Lavi's handling of him.

Krazed Flyer
Aim for the Head

Quote:
Man, some of these comments go back to 2010-11; just substitute the name "Richards" for "Giroux". Put the "C" on a Philadelphia Flyer player and it's like the kiss of death. Good thing he doesn't party a bit and not get along with the media- give it time and he'll be run out of town too.
Yeah... That "C" is deadly. A player will do amazing right after, but slowly shrink and leave. I really want Giroux to bounce back though.

Old
Garbage Goal

Couturier is playing slightly better then most of the forwards aside from Lecavalier (and previous to tonight Rinaldo) but he's still a disappointment on the offensive side of things.

Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Quote:
Yeah, some serious deja vu going on with some of these comments.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post

McGinn-Giroux-Voracek
Read-Lecavalier-Raffl
Akeson-Schenn-Hartnell
Rinaldo-Hall-Talbot

EDIT: Forgot about Cousins. Toss him in there somewhere. He'd be a good guy to help shake up the status quo.

Then run with this:

Coburn-Streit
Schenn-Gustafsson
Lauridsen-Grossmann

Lecavalier is hurt and I appreciate your suggestion of sending Coturier down and making Schenn the 3C. Actually made me laugh on a pretty sad night. Lets just dump our best defensive forward and PKer to the AHL because he can't produce offense. Never mind that his line scored the only goal and he had a strong game forechecking.

A bad run of games really brings out the crazies.

Curufinwe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 09:22 PM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I think Couturier only had one or two shifts I thought were bad. I don't think he's been bad at all. He does look like he needs to be more confident/assertive, though. You can probably chalk that up to Lavi's handling of him.
I think it's that and just how the entire team is playing. Most of t hem seem to be lacking confidence right now.

Old
10-11-2013, 09:22 PM
SuchySays

hai guis!!! Giroux has had 5 bad games.

HE SUCKS AT HOCKEY NOW.

SuchySays is online now   Reply With Quote