HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Official GDT 12/2/06: Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Butchered
There are problems. Yeah, Lecavalier and St. Louis have been great this season, but they can't do it every night.

Where is Brad Richards? Where is Afanasenkov and Fedotenko, with their 9 combined goals? You can't keep asking the same 2 guys to put the puck in the net all the time. You need to have a complete team, and this is not a complete team.

Old
12-02-2006, 10:05 PM
GWF82

Send a message via AIM to GWF82
Keep Ramo! Thats all I've got. Oh and learn to play defense.

Old
12-02-2006, 10:09 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
There are problems. Yeah, Lecavalier and St. Louis have been great this season, but they can't do it every night.

Where is Brad Richards? Where is Afanasenkov and Fedotenko, with their 9 combined goals? You can't keep asking the same 2 guys to put the puck in the net all the time. You need to have a complete team, and this is not a complete team.
Please don't mistake me, I'm not saying that there aren't problems! There are definitely problems. However, this is also strangely our best November ever, and we're not far behind in points. Basically I'm saying that we should be a lot better, but we're also not doing as badly as we think.

Old
12-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Butchered
Whatchu doin Cooper?

Send a message via AIM to Butchered
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePalace View Post
Please don't mistake me, I'm not saying that there aren't problems! There are definitely problems. However, this is also strangely our best November ever, and we're not far behind in points. Basically I'm saying that we should be a lot better, but we're also not doing as badly as we think.
I do hope your right. I just don't think I've seen enough from this team to suggest they're going to turn around this "let's not show up at all this period so we can save our strength and look really good the other two periods" crap these guys seem to love to pull.

Again though, I sure hope you're right.

Old
12-02-2006, 11:46 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murderworks View Post
I do hope your right. I just don't think I've seen enough from this team to suggest they're going to turn around this "let's not show up at all this period so we can save our strength and look really good the other two periods" crap these guys seem to love to pull.

Again though, I sure hope you're right.
If they gave that up they'd probably dominate Here's hoping!

Old
12-03-2006, 01:48 AM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickHanson View Post
Ok.. don't suck.

(We ALMOST won last time I said that, they need to turn around fast.)
0-4. It's clearly working against them, bad karma/reverse psychology.

I didn't watch because I was too busy watching the SEC champion Florida Gators at a friends place. Sounds like the 1st was awful and then they realized there was a game being played once the 2nd period started. Didn't think Ramo would be in net at all, but sounds like he played alright. This is exhibit A of why it would be dumb to dump Marc Denis. Because if Holmqvist were given the #1 and struggles, we're down to a rookie or Sean Burke as backup.

Old
12-03-2006, 08:32 AM
Jeepers Creeper

I was impressed with Rämö last night. He looked very confident in net (not nervous at all) and his rebound control was good.

Closed Thread