HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Lounge XX (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Old
10-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Bobcat110

vCash: 500
Presale Feedback?

Interested in feedback from Season Ticketholders who have used presale offers from CBJ. I'm a day-one PSL holder, but not a big concert fan, so I've never done a presale offer before. I just sent a request last Tuesday for George Strait tickets for my brother. I find it odd that you have no real idea where the seats will be. You can only do very general requests for lower bowl, club, nose bleed, etc. And then they say they have right to change your request based on demand.

I know that every other person has access to presale offers directly on Ticketmaster that if they belong to the artist's fan club, or registered with arena e-mail marketing, or American Express holders, or they just google "Presale Passwords" on the interweb. Presales are hardly exclusive anyways. Is the CBJ Season Ticketholder process more stealthy because they hold back tickets from hitting the TM website in the first place and being exposed to other presale options?

I placed my order last Tuesday, received a confirmation of my order, but still haven't received anything else in terms of confirmation I will get tickets, much less seat location. I guess I can understand somewhat why process may be different if they are protecting a certain number of seats for season ticket holders. However, the Public Sale date was last Friday, so it kind of concerns me that I couldn't be notified that I have confirmed seats and their locations. Now that the concert is basically sold out, I can't do much about getting seats or trying for better seats if the CBJ somehow sold out their allotment or downgraded me to the AAA 300 level.

So, anyone have feedback on their experiences with presales? Happy with results? Any disappointments?

Bobcat110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

quite a few ppl didn't get their emails on it until after regular sale happened...so feel happy you got a shot...lol

not a full STH but i don't know anyone that's been upset with using the presale in the past

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 10:02 PM
tooncesmeow

You guys are berry kawaii. c:

As a Canadian living in Florida that wants to move out of Florida but not to Canada because if you've ever heard of Rogers/Bell you'd want to kill yourself, how is Ohio? Is it a DEATHTRAP that will NEVER LET YOU GO or is it pretty ok?

tooncesmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 10:16 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooncesmeow View Post

As a Canadian living in Florida that wants to move out of Florida but not to Canada because if you've ever heard of Rogers/Bell you'd want to kill yourself, how is Ohio? Is it a DEATHTRAP that will NEVER LET YOU GO or is it pretty ok?
Ohio has a lot of regional variation. Its part rust belt/ part new economy, part flat/ part Appalachia. It has a lot of DEATHTRAP's. I lived in a few. There are some cool livable places too.

I lived in flat Ohio for 10 years (moved in from Canada) and I personally would love to generalize about the closed-minded folks I met. But that wouldn't be fair.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooncesmeow View Post

Pretty OK. Lots of variation.

Columbus is pretty cool right now. Booming, sorta becoming a poor man's San Francisco.

The big cities (Cincinnati, Cleveland, Toledo, Dayton) are nice and filled with cool people (save for some of the Cleveland bros, who are the worst people in the world) very livable if you can get past the whole post-industrial reputation thing.

The rural areas (AKA what 90% of North America thinks of when they think of Ohio) are mostly terrible. Pain Pills/Meth have decimated these areas. Avoid at all costs.

10-15-2013, 07:24 PM
BluejacketNut

Anyone been through the hocking hills area in the past couple days? Wondering what the foliage is looking like, was thinking about heading to old mans cave for some photography

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Socks
HeadFake

As someone who works in retail I'm here to beg all of you not to go out shopping on Thanksgiving Day. Opening at midnight Friday is bad enough. If enough people show up on Thanksgiving they're going to make it a mandatory Thursday open next year and that just isn't right.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post
As someone who works in retail I'm here to beg all of you not to go out shopping on Thanksgiving Day. Opening at midnight Friday is bad enough. If enough people show up on Thanksgiving they're going to make it a mandatory Thursday open next year and that just isn't right.
Retailers are ridiculous, and I could not agree with you more. My wife works retail part time (for a company that provides excellent health care) and was worried sick about the possibility of not being there for our daughter's first Trick or Treat next Thursday, because her boss has lived retail for her entire adult life and has no heart for anyone else's family. She got it off, but it will mean working on Thanksgiving and missing everything except for dinner.

I, for one, will not be heading to any store on Thanksgiving, or Halloween for that matter.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 10:21 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i will not either...

Old
10-21-2013, 11:12 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
I think that massive retailers should be allowed to open that early, on the condition that every single higher-up in the corporate office and on the board of directors have to work a standard Black Friday floor shift in their busiest stores. That'd be 12-15 hours straight with no break or food, being yelled at for whatever idiotic reason repeatedly, and possibly enduring physical assault.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 07:45 AM
BluejacketNut

Time to choose a new field, its not going to change and will only get earlier each year, especially for the big retailers. Im sure it will be successful because most people are bored and tired of their family already and want to get away

Old
10-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Time to choose a new field, its not going to change and will only get earlier each year, especially for the big retailers. Im sure it will be successful because most people are bored and tired of their family already and want to get away
My objections are as much from a management perspective as they are from someone who simply doesn't want to work at a nonessential job on Thanksgiving. I manage a smaller store in the mall. Including myself there are 4 employees. I don't need anyone else and, in fact, couldn't provide another employee with any hours were I to hire one except on this one overly long day. It is not logical for me to do this. Moreover who is going to apply for abd accept a position for one day? We don't use temps, so that's out of the question. I'm simply not adequately staffed for an extended day like this.

The second problem for my store relates to payroll. My store does a good amount of business but on Black Friday people are not flocking to us first thing to get that great sale. Prior to 8ish we'll have a few sales but usually nothing to make it worth us being open. It's generally a full shift of wasted salary. And for someone who has a limited amount of salary hours each week to deal with (i.e. me) that makes me resent having to be there all the more as it takes away hours from the more prime times that we need people to work.

Old
10-22-2013, 10:01 AM
EspenK

Quote:
My objections are as much from a management perspective as they are from someone who simply doesn't want to work at a nonessential job on Thanksgiving. I manage a smaller store in the mall. Including myself there are 4 employees. I don't need anyone else and, in fact, couldn't provide another employee with any hours were I to hire one except on this one overly long day. It is not logical for me to do this. Moreover who is going to apply for abd accept a position for one day? We don't use temps, so that's out of the question. I'm simply not adequately staffed for an extended day like this.

The second problem for my store relates to payroll. My store does a good amount of business but on Black Friday people are not flocking to us first thing to get that great sale. Prior to 8ish we'll have a few sales but usually nothing to make it worth us being open. It's generally a full shift of wasted salary. And for someone who has a limited amount of salary hours each week to deal with (i.e. me) that makes me resent having to be there all the more as it takes away hours from the more prime times that we need people to work.
Your company is probably bound by its lease to be open when the mall is open. Retail at the store level is a tough way to make a living.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Socks
HeadFake

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Your company is probably bound by its lease to be open when the mall is open. Retail at the store level is a tough way to make a living.
We are. I've wondered if the fine of opening late would be more or less than the payroll wasted by being open for 8 hours while generating very little money. I know of one jewelry store that did this last year because they're required to have two employees working and evidently they didn't feel they would make enough money relative to payroll so they just took the fine.

Old
10-23-2013, 05:01 AM
End of Line
Human After All

It's snowing in marysville right now. Can't remember the last time it's snowed in October.

End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 07:11 AM
trickbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
It's snowing in marysville right now. Can't remember the last time it's snowed in October.
It's still snowing in Marysville. Going on the record as tired of winter already.

trickbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

had a decent amount in dublin this morning...

Old
11-03-2013, 01:38 AM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

It's time to play Battlefield 4 with your (least) favorite CBJ fan!

joshjoshjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Time for Boardwalk Empire.... it rules...

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2013, 07:56 AM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
It's time to play Battlefield 4 with your (least) favorite CBJ fan!

How is it and what platform did you get it for? (cant check the profile at work). I'll be getting it on PC, but waiting to see if there's any black friday deals out there and for a patch or 2 to be released. I was a little concern that they would start to make it too over the top, with the buildings falling and such. BF3 was absolutely awesome and I hope they just dont make it too over the top.

Old
11-20-2013, 12:53 AM
Socks
HeadFake

Oh my god you guys. If you don't have a rain shower head you don't know what you're missing. I just installed mine and took the inaugural shower (that's right - at 1am after I've had a third a bottle of wine - it's just how I roll) and it was AMAZING!

Old
11-21-2013, 05:59 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Went to Melt, new restaurant downtown last night. Was awesome. Highly recommended.

http://meltbarandgrilled.com/

11-21-2013, 06:17 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
Went to Melt, new restaurant downtown last night. Was awesome. Highly recommended.

http://meltbarandgrilled.com/
Thanks for the recommendation! I noticed it on a journey down High St, last week, then saw an article on it in the Dispatch, this week. Sounded interesting, so I'm glad to read your review.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 06:22 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Just opened Friday night. I tried to go Saturday morning at 11am when they opened to grab a sandwich before the Buckeye game and the line was out the door and 1/2 down the block. The bartender last night said Fri and Sat were 3 hr waits for tables.

So unless you want to wait, I suggest getting a sandwich to go, that worked for me. Or put your name in and go to any of the dozen bars within a block of the place to wait.

I built my own sandwich with havarti/grilled onion/garlic/bacon/pork belly.

Last edited by SpinTheBlackCircle: 11-21-2013 at 06:36 AM.
SpinTheBlackCircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 01:51 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

Tony Barnhart ‏@MrCFB 47s
CBS News replaying the coverage of the JFK assassination as it happened. Walter Cronkite just took his first break