HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Will Larose ever score again?

Old
11-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Goose

vCash: 500
Will Larose ever score again?

He put up good numbers in junior, and a year ago I picked him up in my keeper pool (very deep league, 28 man rosters and a 20 man farm team, plus a reserve of 5 players, so 20 teams x 53 players), in the hopes he'd rediscover some of his offensive touch.

What do you think? Time to dump him (this pool ONLY rewards goals and assists), or will he ever be a 40 point guy?

Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2006, 11:40 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Right now I can't imagine him becoming a 40pt scorer in the nhl and it feels weird when taking into consideration the stats he's put up in the past. He doesn't look like he has the offensive skills we know he does. Whether or not it'll translate into working against tougher opposition, well only time will tell that but I don't see him scoring more than maybe 5 g's and 20 a's any time soon. At least not by the time his contract is up here.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 01:18 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
The same knocks that were made about Martin St. Louis are being made about Chad Larose. Players that are small are often harder to bring the offense. He really hasn't been given a whole lot of a chance on the powerplay to show his stuff. I wouldn't drop him yet. When Carolina made this signing, they made it based on the offensive output that Larose made at the Junior Level. That skill hasn't gone away. He's just focusing his game on other aspects like killing penalties. If or when Carolina needs him to step into a third line role, there is no telling where his natural skill set will take him.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2006, 08:24 AM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
LaRose does fit into the role that is required of him...hes one of those agitators that we throw out there on the PK.

His linemates on the Lawyers line (Adams, Adams and Larose) aren't very offensive either, which probably has something to do with it.

The kid works very very hard every shift...he just can't ever seem to score a goal. Its definitly not for lack of trying, I think he just needs to balance his defensive and offensive game a little better.

11-30-2006, 10:14 AM
DeputyDan

Not even in a house of ill repute................

With $1,000 in cash

DeputyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 11:18 AM
JustJoe2k5
Semin - Coach Killer

I love his current line, with Eric Belanger and Trevor Letowski. All three really seem to have a natural chemistry and sense where each other are on the ice. While the line has already started to become effective, I think late in the season and into the playoffs this line will make an even larger impact. ALOT of offensive potential between those three.

JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 11:27 AM
robotron2084

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJoe2k5 View Post
I love his current line, with Eric Belanger and Trevor Letowski. All three really seem to have a natural chemistry and sense where each other are on the ice. While the line has already started to become effective, I think late in the season and into the playoffs this line will make an even larger impact. ALOT of offensive potential between those three.
Too funny. I just responded to your post in the Ladd thread about this line.

robotron2084 is offline   Reply With Quote