HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Prospect Talk Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

vCash: 500
Jokerit lost 4-8 in Oulu to Kärpät (the title favorites), no points for TT. Your "old friend" Lasse Kukkonen scored a hat trick for Kärpät.

Old
10-12-2013, 11:44 AM
TheGrapesOfMcIlrath
Gooey

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Thanks - appreciate it.

How did Fogarty look?
Fogarty looks very raw still. He has all the physical tools, but he's clearly still adjusting to the college level, even as a Sophomore. He projects as a PF winger in the NHL, but they're using him as a 2-way center at ND. He won most of his draws, but looked very hesitant to make a mistake, trying to stay in good defensive position. Because of that, it felt like he wasn't really engaging offensively. When he did get involved, he was very strong along the boards, but it happened too infrequently, as he always seemed to be playing high slot to make sure he didn't get caught deep. He was playing the left point on the PP as a RH shot, but ND's PP looked pretty bad, so he wasn't really able to handle the puck or get off a shot.

Anyway, I know you guys didn't want a writeup on an NYR prospect, but your 2 guys, Johns and Hinostroza, looked good.

Old
10-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentti View Post
Teuvo Teräväinen was invisible and ineffective again as Jokerit lost to Kärpät 8-4 today. 0+0=0. His stats this season: G 9, G 1, A 1, P 1. It was the third loss for Jokerit in a row. From the last 6 games, Jokerit has lost 5.
Time for Jok to cut him loose and let him come to Chicago

Old
10-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Time for Jok to cut him loose and let him come to Chicago
Not sure if that's possible anymore. And it's not like TT is "innocent" to the form the team is displaying.

Old
10-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Kentti

Highlights from today's TT-game: http://www.nelonenpro.fi/videot/media/587348

Old
10-12-2013, 01:04 PM
krazyhawk

Send a message via MSN to krazyhawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Not sure if that's possible anymore. And it's not like TT is "innocent" to the form the team is displaying.

Maybe not,but his development could be compromised by a bad situation in Jokerit.If things continue like they are,or get worse,then I could see the Hawks trying to get him back over here.He's eligible for the AHL and should probably finish out the year in Rockford,getting used to the larger ice surface and creating chemistry with some of his future teammates.

Old
10-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyhawk View Post
[/B]

Maybe not,but his development could be compromised by a bad situation in Jokerit.If things continue like they are,or get worse,then I could see the Hawks trying to get him back over here.He's eligible for the AHL and should probably finish out the year in Rockford,getting used to the larger ice surface and creating chemistry with some of his future teammates.
Fact is he needs to get stronger and bigger and he'll have more time to do it in Finland this season. But the main point is that I don't think the Transfer Agreement allows the players to move after the season has begun/while the season is still going in Europe.

Old
10-12-2013, 01:24 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Fact is he needs to get stronger and bigger and he'll have more time to do it in Finland this season. But the main point is that I don't think the Transfer Agreement allows the players to move after the season has begun/while the season is still going in Europe.
Even if he wasn't contracturally prevented from leaving Jokerit for another team/league, I would want him to stay with Jokerit. I think leaving would set a bad precedent - it would be like abandoning his mates when they're having a hard time. And, as was pointed out, TT is as much a part of the problem as the other guys on the team. Maybe he would play beter with a better team, but he chose to play with Jokerit this season and he should see it through. He shouldn't be given "an out" - he should get stronger mentally and work harder to help his team play better.

Old
10-12-2013, 11:58 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

What's Teuvo's problem (in a general sense) - it seems his linemates are worse than he is...but for those who have seen him, controlling for the "poor offensive team" aspect, what's going wrong for him? overwhelmed by 1c? bad fitness? more a wing than a C? lack of effort? bad luck? lack of skill? injury? and so on...

He really did look good at Hawks camp.

as far as him leaving jokerit - i personally wouldn't worry about the "precedent" - as far as we're concerned, he's in development mode for us. it would be no different than a player leaving NCAA before the season is over (which isn't uncommon). however, on a practical level, i don't think it's possible for him to (and even if it were, i'm sure jokerit would make the hawks write a massive cheque).

i was thinking that forsberg had left his swedish team last year for the nhl...but i think it might have been when the season was over.

Old
10-13-2013, 11:50 AM
krazyhawk

Send a message via MSN to krazyhawk
Quote:
I feel he should stay in Finland too.I meant that if the Hawks felt it neccessary to bring him over then he would probably be better off in the AHL rather than the NHL.

Not sure about what the Transfer agreement allows,but if he was released from his contract by Jokerit wouldn't he be free to join any team in Europe or come over here ? If so and the Hawks wanted him over bad enough,I'm sure they could come to some agreement with Jokerit or whoever else thy had to deal with.

Course given the hoops they would have to jump thru,things would have to get pretty bad before the Hawks would seriously consider such a move.I'm sure they would prefer TT do exactly as you said,stay in Finland and get bigger and stronger

Old
10-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

my friends, I would be interested in TTs +/-. Not only his, his compared to the whole team

Old
10-13-2013, 12:51 PM
Kennel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
my friends, I would be interested in TTs +/-. Not only his, his compared to the whole team
-5, the worst in Jokerit, 12th worst in the league.

Old
10-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

ok, thats not good

Old
10-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Sevanston

Meh.

If his team can't score and he's also being put into defensive situations, his +/- isn't going to look very good no matter how he plays.

+/- is a useless stat.

Old
10-13-2013, 05:04 PM
Hawkster
The Magic Number

Boston College won their home opener 7-2 vs. RPI.

Kevin Hayes - PP goal and 2 assists, +1
Chris Calnan - Goal and assist, +2

Old
10-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyhawk View Post
I feel he should stay in Finland too.I meant that if the Hawks felt it neccessary to bring him over then he would probably be better off in the AHL rather than the NHL.

Not sure about what the Transfer agreement allows,but if he was released from his contract by Jokerit wouldn't he be free to join any team in Europe or come over here ? If so and the Hawks wanted him over bad enough,I'm sure they could come to some agreement with Jokerit or whoever else thy had to deal with.

Course given the hoops they would have to jump thru,things would have to get pretty bad before the Hawks would seriously consider such a move.I'm sure they would prefer TT do exactly as you said,stay in Finland and get bigger and stronger
I don't see why Jokerit would just release him to another club in Europe. They're not obligated to do so and it most definitely wouldn't be good business. When it comes to NHL, Jokerit will get their 235K dollars when TT's season ends and he officially moves to NA. There's not much else the clubs could agree upon.

Old
10-16-2013, 03:32 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Teravainen will be fine and he'll be on his way to Chicago the moment Jokerit's seasons ends. Couldn't be less concerned about him.

Old
10-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Hawkaholic

The @VaughnHockey #CHL Goaltender of the Week is @NHLBlackhawks prospect @BWhitney31 of #QMJHL @TigresVicto 2-0-0-0 1SO, 0.50 GAA, .981 SV%

Old
10-16-2013, 03:47 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Whitney has the 2nd highest Sv% in the QMJHL right now. Really hope he gets some WJC consideration.

Old
10-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
Whitney has the 2nd highest Sv% in the QMJHL right now. Really hope he gets some WJC consideration.
Been hoping for the same.

Old
10-16-2013, 09:39 PM
BGFalconHawks

Matt Tomkins got the start for Ohio State against BG on Tuesday. OSU took a 3-0 lead in a very penalty filled game (23 combined) and BG rallied to score 4 straight on Tomkins to win the game. From what I hear he looked good but as soon as the second goal went in he lost all confidence and was pretty bad. Although I am not sad about how bad he looked in the third period

Old
10-17-2013, 05:15 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Whitney really impresses more and more. Still wonder how he fell that far. He still was ranked as the #2 Goalie in NA

Old
10-18-2013, 12:14 PM
SaekkiPaelli

Hifk -Jokerit 2-3 after 2 periods teuvo has 3 assist(2 secondary 1 primary) so far. All even strength goals. Going to watch Jokerit Kalpa next week tuesday, gonna keep an eye out for TT, and Kasperi Kapanen

Old
10-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Kentti

Teuvo Teräväinen had 3 assists today when Jokerit won local rival HIFK 2-4 as SaekkiPaelli stated above. TT has now 1 G + 4 A = 5 P in 10 games. Highlights later when they are released.

Old
10-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Kentti

Highlights from today's TT's game: http://www.nelonenpro.fi/videot/media/589464

Closed Thread