Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

I have an idea...

Old
11-30-2006, 09:05 AM
HickoryDickoryDock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg View Post
Sample picked twice? he left the team because he didn't like the fact that he wasn't even good enough to play on an average OHL team, and he's selected as the best player on the sting?
This isn't true. #1, he had an injury for part of the season that kept him out of a number of games. #2. He had a couple of deaths to deal with this summer, just before training camp. Stefan Blaho, who he played with in Sudbury for 2 years before both were traded to the Sting, was killed in an auto accident in August. Kyle Lamb's sister died suddenly at around the same time. Kyle and Tomas played together in Sudbury and from all accounts, were friends. So before you make assumptions about whether he was good enough or not, don't. He was an effective defenceman and I'm sure he's not in the best frame of mind having dealt with all that, so maybe he felt a change of scenery was best.

HickoryDickoryDock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Alison

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickoryDickoryDock View Post
This isn't true. #1, he had an injury for part of the season that kept him out of a number of games. #2. He had a couple of deaths to deal with this summer, just before training camp. Stefan Blaho, who he played with in Sudbury for 2 years before both were traded to the Sting, was killed in an auto accident in August. Kyle Lamb's sister died suddenly at around the same time. Kyle and Tomas played together in Sudbury and from all accounts, were friends. So before you make assumptions about whether he was good enough or not, don't. He was an effective defenceman and I'm sure he's not in the best frame of mind having dealt with all that, so maybe he felt a change of scenery was best.
Personally I liked Sample when he was in Sudbury. I would not mind if we traded for him back. If I am correct he is only 19 right?

Alison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 09:07 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
Personally I liked Sample when he was in Sudbury. I would not mind if we traded for him back. If I am correct he is only 19 right?
He's an OA this year and from what I understand has interest from a couple of OHL teams. I don't know if anything will come of it and I don't know if the Wolves are one of them.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 12:30 PM
hockeyprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
He's an OA this year and from what I understand has interest from a couple of OHL teams. I don't know if anything will come of it and I don't know if the Wolves are one of them.
Do you think that the Wolves would want him back?

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 03:58 PM
Alison

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
Do you think that the Wolves would want him back?

If he was not an OA the wolves would probably be interested, but with our oa spots basically secured, his chances of returning to the nickel are slim to none. Sample was a steady d-man who was showing signs of becoming a legitimate heavy-weight. There would be no reason why the wolves would not want him .....except for the OA spot situation

Alison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2006, 09:24 PM
jwalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Sample isn't an OA. He's an 87. If Tuzzo is still property of the Wolves they should switch them back.

jwalk is offline   Reply With Quote