HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Blues: Better?

View Poll Results: POTG
Del Zotto 0 0%
Girardi 0 0%
Stralman 0 0%
Fast 0 0%
Pyatt 0 0%
Dorsett 7 8.54%
Brassard 1 1.22%
J. Moore 0 0%
Staal 0 0%
Richards 38 46.34%
Stepan 3 3.66%
Boyle 0 0%
Callahan 17 20.73%
McDonagh 0 0%
D. Moore 0 0%
Zuccarello 3 3.66%
Falk 2 2.44%
Pouliot 0 0%
Lundvist 4 4.88%
Biron 7 8.54%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-12-2013, 09:43 PM
17futurecap

vCash: 500
Felt like the 3rd goal was worse than the 2nd, 2nd was classic Biron five hole, the 3rd one was just I don't even know what that was?

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
No one has mentioned it but Zuccarello needs to go. If he isn't scoring, he is a completely useless player at the nhl level.
Of all the players who are struggling, for whatever reason I'm most willing to give Zucc some time to find his game. I wouldn't object to him sitting a game here or there if he continues to be invisible. But I have a gut feeling that he will turn it around...eventually...and have a pretty good year.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnC
#FreeSteve

I know there's a multiple choice option but how do you limit how many choices people get?

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 09:44 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
goaltending atrocious again

this time it was THE reason we lost the game

biron didn't have to make a BIG save he had to make a couple routine saves.

laughable his performance he should be gone after tonight

and he should take pyatt dmoore and mza with him

dorsett on a short short leash if i'm AV
Why isn't Dorsett put in the same category of should be gone and is just on a short leash? Worst player on the ice today. At least Biron just sucks, this guy is a selfish idiot.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Dorsett should be replaced. 2 offensive zone penalites are not okey. And that Third one didnt look good aswell.
It's not just one game. It's a trend. What does he put on the positive side of the ledger, compared to the negative side of the ledger?
I think he is a stupid player.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
POTG: Richards - he's been a legit first line offensive threat this year. 4 goals, 2 assists in 5 games, 3 points tonight. Awesome performance, and he's been looking great on the PP, too.

Good: Stepan - he's starting to get his game back. He's making plays and getting points. He's been very effective on the PP. Callahan - he's going to the net and scoring goals, hitting, being Callahan. Fast - I love what I've seen from him. It's a shame he's been paired with two offensive blackholes in Pouliot and Boyle. Zuccarello - also making plays, still snakebitten, though. He HAS to be paired with a shooter, we're wasting his playmaking skills. At least put him with Richards, Callahan, or Nash when he gets back.

The PP was fantastic tonight, best I've seen it in quite some time, against one of the best PKing teams in the league over the past few seasons.

Bad: Pouliot - seriously, this guy is trash. What does he add aside from a handsy play every once in a blue moon? Boyle - watching him lumber around the ice is getting really painful. He's playing too many minutes, again. Injuries play a factor, but, coming from the poster whose name is based on Boyle, I am looking forward to the day he is traded and replaced with one of our kids in the minors. Dorsett - moronic penalties. I get what he's going for, but jeez, play with some composure, dude.

The entire defense was underwhelming/putrid, they were missing coverage and turning the puck over all night. Looked better than they did in previous games, though, so I guess it's an improvement.

Redden: Biron - need I say more?

Overall, tonight was a HUGE improvement and pleasant surprise in terms of effort and how the team played. They hung in there. Nash and Hagelin being out definitely is noticeable, so hopefully the team can start to show even more positive signs of improvement when these two return.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
I know there's a multiple choice option but how do you limit how many choices people get?
You can't. Either one, or any number.

10-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

POSITIVES

the PP getting much better

Brad Richards he's back

Derek Stepan getting better

Ryan Callahan getting better

Dan Girardi played his best game in a LONG TIME

Marty Biron Exposed as the garbage that he is. Should be Cam Talbot's job as of tomorrow

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Biron and Dorsette lost this game for us

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 09:46 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Also, last game of the western road trip. Three days before the next game. One game over the next seven days. Hopefully Nash can return for either one of the Caps/Devils games.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 09:47 PM
mrhockey193195

Also as a bright spot...we didn't get a fourth goal, so Hank doesn't get stuck with an L for Biron's dreadful performance.

Old
10-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Never thought I'd see a stretch where the team's major problem is goaltending, but so far....

Also, in all his years with the Rangers I don't think I've seen Staal play a worse game.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 09:48 PM
dmjt4160

vCash: 1004
Just looking over those forwards lines and I don't know how we can expect much better. Brassard and Callahan are on our first line. The second and third lines include the names Fast, Pouliot, Boyle, Pyatt, Zuccarello.

Thats just a dreadful group on the wings

dmjt4160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Swedish Fish
The Future

This was a very winnable game, Biron sucked something awful.

Swedish Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
someone stole hank
I LOVE TANNER GLASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
no one has mentioned it?

i certinaly did

he looks like a child playing with adults.

he's not marty st louis marty st louis is built like a tank and skates all day. mza skates like prucha and might be skinnier
your kidding right? he's been one of our best forwards.. certainly better than stephan

someone stole hank is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
17futurecap

Think we are seeing why Pouliot is 27 and on his 5th team, I'm sure he will have a streak of good play, but he is bringing nothing right now, obviously not the only one either.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Dactyl

where is this zucc hate coming from?

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 09:51 PM
savebyrichter420

If AV didn't make the stupid decision to dress 7 dmen he wouldn't have been forced to keep sending Dorsett out there. We were short a forward and couldn't afford to sit anyone.

savebyrichter420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 09:51 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Think we are seeing why Pouliot is 27 and on his 5th team, I'm sure he will have a streak of good play, but he is bringing nothing right now, obviously not the only one either.
Higgins 2.0

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 09:52 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjt4160 View Post
Just looking over those forwards lines and I don't know how we can expect much better. Brassard and Callahan are on our first line. The second and third lines include the names Fast, Pouliot, Boyle, Pyatt, Zuccarello.

Thats just a dreadful group on the wings
We didnt loose this game because of those u mentioned. We lost because Biron sucked, Staal focused to much on the puck and forgot Steen, Stepans turnover, Dorsetts stupid penalties, Falks stupid penalites and turnovers in the defensive zone.

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post
POTG: Richards - he's been a legit first line offensive threat this year. 4 goals, 2 assists in 5 games, 3 points tonight. Awesome performance, and he's been looking great on the PP, too.

Good: Stepan - he's starting to get his game back. He's making plays and getting points. He's been very effective on the PP. Callahan - he's going to the net and scoring goals, hitting, being Callahan. Fast - I love what I've seen from him. It's a shame he's been paired with two offensive blackholes in Pouliot and Boyle. Zuccarello - also making plays, still snakebitten, though. He HAS to be paired with a shooter, we're wasting his playmaking skills. At least put him with Richards, Callahan, or Nash when he gets back.

The PP was fantastic tonight, best I've seen it in quite some time, against one of the best PKing teams in the league over the past few seasons.

Bad: Pouliot - seriously, this guy is trash. What does he add aside from a handsy play every once in a blue moon? Boyle - watching him lumber around the ice is getting really painful. He's playing too many minutes, again. Injuries play a factor, but, coming from the poster whose name is based on Boyle, I am looking forward to the day he is traded and replaced with one of our kids in the minors. Dorsett - moronic penalties. I get what he's going for, but jeez, play with some composure, dude.

The entire defense was underwhelming/putrid, they were missing coverage and turning the puck over all night. Looked better than they did in previous games, though, so I guess it's an improvement.

Redden: Biron - need I say more?

Overall, tonight was a HUGE improvement and pleasant surprise in terms of effort and how the team played. They hung in there. Nash and Hagelin being out definitely is noticeable, so hopefully the team can start to show even more positive signs of improvement when these two return.
The thing that bugs me...and I know that this might start up the same old argument, but when this team was giving up two goals a game under Torts but struggling to score goals, so many fans were calling for more "skilled" guys (like Pouliot) to be playing on our third line instead of grinders like Boyle, Fedotenko, Mitchell, Rupp, etc.

I'm not saying that the team would necessarily be better, but all I'm saying is that this is what so many fans asked for. And granted, I loved the team under Torts and loved the 11-12 team more than any since 94, but I took a lot of flack for suggesting that there would be consequences for dumping some of our gritty, defensive, hard-nosed players for more "skill" guys.

Old
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Are we seriously picking Zuccarello out of the bunch? What have some of you been watching? Pay attention.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore is new mac View Post
your kidding right? he's been one of our best forwards.. certainly better than stephan
In what sense? He's tiny, isn't good defensively, isn't physical and hasn't scored at all. Your definition of best is a little different than mine.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 09:53 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
It's not hate. Some are just pointing out his quiet play. It's not just this year. Overall he's not a scorer and he seems too small for the NHL. Personally, I'm not a big fan.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 09:53 PM
savebyrichter420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
From the fact that while he is a very inspiring figure given his size and his will to compete he isn't a finisher and he isn't getting assists or setting up plays right now either. He looks overmatched at this level to me but then again so do some other players on this team.

savebyrichter420 is offline   Reply With Quote