HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Your views on Dallas Eakins so far

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Horseradish

vCash: 500
He clearly understands systems and thinks critically.

But he needs this old-timey hockey mentality cut out. When you're on the road and don't have the last change and you choose Brown, Gazdic and Smyth as wingers ahead of Yakupov, you deserve to lose.

That is pure stupidity.

Old
10-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Steve BachIntyre
BonegrinderNetminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
The stars on this club have been anything but creative lately. They've stifled their own creativity. This is a club that is trying the perfect pass across the ice beyond much else. For creativity watch some of the goals the nucks scored against us. Patterned puck movement to areas we don't even flirt with.

Our young stars are guilty of trying the perfect one timer setups too much instead of finding other scoring schemes. At the same time its more than curious that the same club so reliant on passes across fails to defend them and look surprised every time we're scored against in similar fashion. This is particularly maddening. We lost to Montreal on goals we try to make every game. But Habs didn't give us those gimme looks.

Watch Perron's goal scoring sense vs the incumbents here. Whens the last time you saw somebody score here off the faceoff? Perron just did. Just case in point but I see perron routinely changing up angles, cloaking in positions, feigning movement etc.
Imagination on display. We need more of it. Not too curiosly he's been more dangerous than any of the "creative" incumbents.
agree, except for Hemmeragemsky

Old
10-12-2013, 09:16 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

So quiet observation here in the midst of the roof falling in.

Eberle gets 15mins tonight instead of being overshifted with 24-25mins as Eakins has been freakishly doing with forwards and Jordan responds with his freshest, and best performance of the year with a goal and two assists and all kinds of jump because he's, wait for it, fresh.

This is so freaking obvious.

Overplaying players is not helpful.

Old
10-12-2013, 09:24 PM
GreatKeith

vCash: 50
Part of it was probably because they were on the road.

Old
10-12-2013, 09:27 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Part of it was probably because they were on the road.
No, he still overplayed Hall and RNH. Nuge had a lot of jump early but was dead and making horrible mistakes by the end of this game. I say that with kindness as well. He's been phenomenal.

Old
10-12-2013, 09:29 PM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
No, he still overplayed Hall and RNH. Nuge had a lot of jump early but was dead and making horrible mistakes by the end of this game. I say that with kindness as well. He's been phenomenal.
Well at least we can agree he's giving too many shifts to Dubnyk.

Old
10-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Well at least we can agree he's giving too many shifts to Dubnyk.
Got about 62mins too much tonight by my count..About 250mins too much on the season.

Old
10-12-2013, 09:54 PM
syz
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Would have liked to have seen Gordon taking those face offs at the end of the game... One goal lead with a minute left, an offensive zone face off and your top defensive forward isn't there.

Old
10-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Jot
P.Kane = Kessel

He should have pulled Dubnyk, big mistake today.

Old
10-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Hockey Buddha
Joensuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jot View Post
He should have pulled Dubnyk, big mistake today.
Yeah, he needs to be on a shorter leash. You want to show confidence in the guy, but...

Old
10-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Qrispy

He needs to call out Dubnyk for his **** play. Todd McLellan called out Niemi last season after a number of bad games and that worked out pretty damn well. Not like Dubnyk can get any worse either.

Old
10-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Psychoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
He needs to call out Dubnyk for his **** play. Todd McLellan called out Niemi last season after a number of bad games and that worked out pretty damn well. Not like Dubnyk can get any worse either.
this "can't get any worse" stuff needs to stop. Stop saying this because guess what? every time we say "it can't get worse", it DOES.

Im pretty sure every year we say how much worse can it get, and yet it turns worse

Old
10-12-2013, 10:47 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

ftr its now two games where Dubs didn't get pulled resulting in the oilers losing.

Quite clearly Dubs should've been pulled in the Winnipeg game as well.

I think we win either game if he's pulled at goal 2 or 3.

Once the landslide happens this is Dubnyk.

I realize Eakins doesn't know this yet but if the org is being honest they're letting him in on it. When Dubnyk goes trainwreck mode this is what it looks like.

Old
10-12-2013, 10:48 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Lol Yakupov has been terrible. Good decision benching him. Would have been okay with him benching Hall but he was better this game.

Old
10-13-2013, 09:40 PM
FireMacT

Eakins is not the problem

Old
10-14-2013, 01:43 AM
Hockey Buddha
Joensuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMacT View Post
Eakins is not the problem
Who then, FireMacT, is the problem?

Old
10-14-2013, 01:54 AM
jgoud

The two things i don't like about him is his constant praise for Smyth (who is the worst player on the ice at all times) and how he hasn't given Yakupov enough time to build chemistry with any of the other top 4 wingers.

I know Yak has been playing terrible, but he is playing on the third line with Ryan ****ing Smyth who can't make a pass to save his life nor be open to receive one. Eakins talks about Smyth like he's the hardest working guy and that he "had" to bench him because he was going to be the only one who wouldn't ***** about it. We've won our only game when Smyth was out of the lineup, and because he scored 2 goals last game (I bet) he will be played for the next 5. Eakins needs to open his eyes and bench Smyth, and give Yak players to feed him the puck so he can rip it.

Old
10-14-2013, 01:59 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
The two things i don't like about him is his constant praise for Smyth (who is the worst player on the ice at all times) and how he hasn't given Yakupov enough time to build chemistry with any of the other top 4 wingers.

I know Yak has been playing terrible, but he is playing on the third line with Ryan ****ing Smyth who can't make a pass to save his life nor be open to receive one. Eakins talks about Smyth like he's the hardest working guy and that he "had" to bench him because he was going to be the only one who wouldn't ***** about it. We've won our only game when Smyth was out of the lineup, and because he scored 2 goals last game (I bet) he will be played for the next 5. Eakins needs to open his eyes and bench Smyth, and give Yak players to feed him the puck so he can rip it.
At same time its hard for a coach to sit your leading goal scorer and ppg player who is averaging 13 min a night. I think he plays till he starts killing his line imo.

Old
10-14-2013, 02:27 AM
oilexport

all show, no go, so far...

He has not gotten the team to play hard and with good effort, that's the bottom line.

Old
10-14-2013, 02:29 AM
jgoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
At same time its hard for a coach to sit your leading goal scorer and ppg player who is averaging 13 min a night. I think he plays till he starts killing his line imo.
He's killed every line he's played with. And he's eventually going to score if he's on a line with good players. I'm sure my sister could have scored off that pass from Eberle.

Old
10-14-2013, 02:31 AM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
He's killed every line he's played with. And he's eventually going to score if he's on a line with good players. I'm sure my sister could have scored off that pass from Eberle.
I think you're confusing me as a Smyth backer just stating what I think Eakins will do.

Old
10-14-2013, 02:31 AM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilexport View Post
all show, no go, so far...

He has not gotten the team to play hard and with good effort, that's the bottom line.
Not really sure if you watched the last game.

The reason we're not winning is between the pipes.

Old
10-14-2013, 02:42 AM
oilexport

Quote:
Not really sure if you watched the last game.

The reason we're not winning is between the pipes.
I did not watch the last game aside from a few minites in the 3rd period and OT. The Team did not give a ##it for a lot of first few games i did watch. That would be coaching.

I will agree that the biggest problem is Goaltending but the thread asks about Dallas...

Old
10-14-2013, 02:44 AM
GreatKeith

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilexport View Post
I did not watch the last game aside from a few minites in the 3rd period and OT. The Team did not give a ##it for a lot of first few games i did watch. That would be coaching.

I will agree that the biggest problem is Goaltending but the thread asks about Dallas...
They would have won the Jets game too if not for goaltending.

Old
10-14-2013, 02:55 AM
oilexport

Quote:
They would have won the Jets game too if not for goaltending.

Sorry, lots more wrong with this team (so far) then just the goalie. Thier were a lot of times that the team was effortless, disorganized, and the same old crap we have seen for way too long.

Closed Thread