HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Blues: Better?

View Poll Results: POTG
Del Zotto 0 0%
Girardi 0 0%
Stralman 0 0%
Fast 0 0%
Pyatt 0 0%
Dorsett 7 8.54%
Brassard 1 1.22%
J. Moore 0 0%
Staal 0 0%
Richards 38 46.34%
Stepan 3 3.66%
Boyle 0 0%
Callahan 17 20.73%
McDonagh 0 0%
D. Moore 0 0%
Zuccarello 3 3.66%
Falk 2 2.44%
Pouliot 0 0%
Lundvist 4 4.88%
Biron 7 8.54%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Affinity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post
literally nothing you said there is even remotely close to being accurate

youre a fan i get it but let's be real here

if he's physical its like when your puppy is wrestling with your foot, losing, and you don't even realize it and look down and laugh
I feel like you don't actually pay attention to Zucc. He is routinely one of our most physical players on the forecheck it's kinda sad since he is the smallest player we have. He's very aggressive.

Affinity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
again with the little analogies. youre not even watching him play. you cannot get past the height.
It's hard to get past the height when he has 0 points.

"It's Mario Götze!" -Ian Darke
Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 10:08 PM
savebyrichter420

Quote:
again with the little analogies. youre not even watching him play. you cannot get past the height.
Just cause he disagrees with you doesn't mean he isn't watching and is blinded by height. Let the excuses continue! I got news for you guys, he's not your little brother or buddy, people aren't picking on him.

savebyrichter420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Idlerlee
Always play Richards

vCash: 145
Quote:
and he should take pyatt dmoore and mza with him

dorsett on a short short leash if i'm AV
MZA was maybe the best Ranger in the opening game and he was one of the best Rangers in the entire stretch since he came back. To argue that he has nothing to do in the NHL is pretty laughable.

Pyatt is a depth player and a body that the team actually needs atm like it or not.

And you dont want Dorsett gone ? The guy is the indirect reason that we lost today. BONEHEAD penalties that directly leads to PP goals.

Add Biron in the mix, and you know why we walked away from this with no points

Idlerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
It's hard to get past the height when he has 0 points.
its not that hard to actually watch him play and see the little things that he is doing that are good
thoug

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 10:09 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter420 View Post
Not a good argument? The team looking overmatched doesn't mean that it's acceptable on an individual basis. Too many excuses around here for certain players and the team in general.
Well if the Whole team sucks, so why do u focus only on one player? Come up With a better argument. I agree that Zucca has to play better, but Our main focus must be on defense. 20 goals against in the last 3 games are just to much. The fact is that Zucc is just invisible, while other players make horrible mistakes that leads to goals, like Staal on the first goal, stepans turnover, turnovers in the defensive zone etc. That should be the focus, not Boyle, Biron, Zucca, Pyatt etc.

TollefsenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

yah you are right its hard to get past his height and weight when its really the main reason he doesn't belong in the league. he's very skilled but there are women that have better NHL builds then this guy. i've watched him plenty my friend. you like him because you find him adorable. thats really it like a mascot.

if he was even 5 7 and thicker he might have a chance. but truth is he doesn't skate all that well for a guy that small (same problem prucha had and he was BIGGER) and he's NOT STRONG AT ALL. he's routinely abused and overpowered.

Kovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter420 View Post
Just cause he disagrees with you doesn't mean he isn't watching and blinded by height. Let the excuses continue! I got news for you guys, he's not your little brother or buddy, people aren't picking on him.
literally everything he has said has compared zuccarello to a child or puppy. how is that not blinded by size? you are actually critiquing his game which i respect but this guy has not said anything other than he is small.

Old
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Zuccarello does a lot of good things when he's on the ice, and also has a ton of confidence in his puck control on the PP. Get over his size, open your eyes, and see the little things that Zucc does right.

0 points doesn't mean he's playing poorly. Watch the games, don't just look at the stat sheet.

It's also HILARIOUS to single out one player who isn't named Derek Dorsett or Marty Biron after tonight's game.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

Anyone else getting excited about Fast? The guy shows some good flashes. Not saying he's been world beater but he's shown flashes.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

Quote:
its not that hard to actually watch him play and see the little things that he is doing that are good
thoug
Little things don't cut it after awhile. He works his ass off and I give him credit for that but he just doesn't have the size to be a dominant forechecker. He has to make up for it with some production.

Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Zuccarello does a lot of good things when he's on the ice, and also has a ton of confidence in his puck control on the PP. Get over his size, open your eyes, and see the little things that Zucc does right.

0 points doesn't mean he's playing poorly. Watch the games, don't just look at the stat sheet.

It's also HILARIOUS to single out one player who isn't named Derek Dorsett or Marty Biron after tonight's game.
Yep, my favorite was how 4 or so players need to be off the team but Dorsett just needs to be on a short leash. The guy does nothing but take bad penalties.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Serious question: Why was Doresett on still on the ice after his third penalty ? This is minus 9000 points on AV in my book. At least Torts didn't put up with crap like that.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
savebyrichter420

Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
Well if the Whole team sucks, so why do u focus only on one player? Come up With a better argument. I agree that Zucca has to play better, but Our main focus must be on defense. 20 goals against in the last 3 games are just to much. The fact is that Zucc is just invisible, while other players make horrible mistakes that leads to goals, like Staal on the first goal, stepans turnover, turnovers in the defensive zone etc. That should be the focus, not Boyle, Biron, Zucca, Pyatt etc.
I already came up with a solid argument rooted in reality, you just refuse to accept it. Just agree to disagree and you can keep singing the guys praises all you like.

Old
10-12-2013, 10:14 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TollefsenFan View Post
this is what you get from hf regarding "zucca"

well he's invisible instead of making mistakes so much better got it.

and for those saying he's physical. IT DOESN"T MATTER he's a nat they swipe him away he isn't causing any turnovers any damage with his physicality

HE"S GOT ZERO POINTS

he's got maybe one shot on net that i've seen

and yes he's not the only one that sucks. but that's not how i started it. i said THIS THIS THIS AND THIS GUY should be gone. but again since this is hf you see some people not liking "yucca" and forget it the crowd comes to the rescue. i'm not sure why he's done literally nothing for the rangers really.

never scored a big goal in a big spot never had a moment. couple shootout moves when no one is chasing him shocker he's got good hands.

don't get it other than the fact HE"S LITTLE AND WE LOVE HIM

Old
10-12-2013, 10:14 PM
savebyrichter420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Serious question: Why was Doresett on still on the ice after his third penalty ? This is minus 9000 points on AV in my book. At least Torts didn't put up with crap like that.
Cause he made a dumb choice to dress 7 D and leave us short a forward. We had to keep throwing him out there to spread minutes.

Old
10-12-2013, 10:16 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Quote:
literally everything he has said has compared zuccarello to a child or puppy. how is that not blinded by size? you are actually critiquing his game which i respect but this guy has not said anything other than he is small.
sounds like you are the one blinded by size because that's all you seem to have taken from my posts about him

i told you all the reasons he's not good enough you chose to ignore them and focus on me calling him LIKE A child or a puppy

you are the one blinded by size my friend

Old
10-12-2013, 10:16 PM
someone stole hank
Geno's and Apples

Quote:
these are the same people who think mdz is a offensive defenseman

someone stole hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
should have been benched

for some reason AV went with 7 D which made that hard to do

dumb coaching move

Old
segmentation fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
I don't know why why some people are happy with giving up 5 goals.
Because its not 6 or 9

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Purple Hayes

I think this fanbase needs to give Dorsett a chance.

A player that plays on the line will go over sometimes, but I really thought he sparked the team early in the game when we were getting outshot 11-2 or whatever it was. When things tarted getting chippy, we started controlling the play.

Old
10-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

Quote:
should have been benched

for some reason AV went with 7 D which made that hard to do

dumb coaching move
the idea behind that was its easier for a dman to play forward than it is for a forward to play d. not that bad of an idea actually.

Old
10-12-2013, 10:19 PM
McDonaghisGod
Speed kills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Little things don't cut it after awhile. He works his ass off and I give him credit for that but he just doesn't have the size to be a dominant forechecker. He has to make up for it with some production.
This times 1000. I literally can't remember the last time he scored a goal. He is an offensive player who is producing no offense. MZA is not going to stay in the nhl if this continues, period.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 10:20 PM
savebyrichter420

Quote:
the idea behind that was its easier for a dman to play forward than it is for a forward to play d. not that bad of an idea actually.
The original intent may have been good but the end result was not. Turned out to be a bad call.

Old
10-12-2013, 10:20 PM
JohnC
#FreeSteve

I miss Thor/Swedish Lightning

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote