HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Miscellaneous NHL Talk IX

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

vCash: 500
I'm watching the game too. I've always liked Jack. He makes the games exciting. You can tell he has a passion for the game.

Old
10-12-2013, 03:47 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooncesmeow View Post
Anyway I hope this is cool but I was wanting to know what's Philly's plan with Couturier? Will they just slot him in 3C or is he trade bait waiting to happen? Is there a possible package Toronto-Philly could do? Reluctant to send out Gardiner but maybe Franson + Finn + Pick? Franson's an RFA at year-end and is a staedy two-way defender that owns a booming shot. Sorry if this not welcome in the Hockey Talk thread. ;;
Absolutely not.

Old
10-12-2013, 07:55 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Wow. Terrible hit by Ott in the Sabres game against Chicago.

10-12-2013, 08:07 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

MacKinnon and Seth Jones with their first goals tonight.

Old
10-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Roman Reigns

Hertl with another goal

Old
10-12-2013, 10:37 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Dan Hamhuis just pulled a Steve Smith.

Very similar to this:

Here's the video:

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 10-12-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old
10-12-2013, 11:01 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Noticeable former Flyers with hot starts to the season...

Carter: 5GP - 4G, 1A

van Riemsdyk: 6 GP - 5G, 1A

Richards: 5 GP - 0G, 3A (So far this season, I've seen watched every LA game and every game has me raving about Mike's excellent two way hockey)

And I haven't seen much of Briere or Bobrovsky so I can't really comment on their play besides their stat lines

Briere: 4 GP (Game in progress ATM) 0G, 1A

Bobrovsky: 4 GS - 2.21 GAA, 9.26 SV % (Not sure if this is updated)

Old
10-12-2013, 11:23 PM
hockeyfreak7

Wow, San Jose is a really fun team to watch. Great commentators, great players, great product. Definitely gonna have to start watching more of their games.

Old
10-12-2013, 11:26 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post

Richards: 5 GP - 0G, 3A (So far this season, I've seen watched every LA game and every game has me raving about Mike's excellent two way hockey)

And I haven't seen much of Briere or Bobrovsky so I can't really comment on their play besides their stat lines

Briere: 4 GP (Game in progress ATM) 0G, 1A

Bobrovsky: 4 GS - 2.21 GAA, 9.26 SV % (Not sure if this is updated)
So basically every notable ex-Flyers player in recent seasons except Briere is off to a great start and that's only because he's ****ing Danny Briere.

Old
10-12-2013, 11:32 PM
RussianRocket10

Can't forget about Leighton in the KHL 7-5, 1.84 GAA, 93.3 Sv%

Old
10-13-2013, 12:46 AM
Garbage Goal

Ryan Miller has a .941 save percentage and is 0-4...and I felt bad for Mason haha.

Yikers.

Old
10-13-2013, 12:50 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post

if those 2 players were here and had those stats people would still be ****ing whining about them.

Old
10-13-2013, 01:02 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
if those 2 players were here and had those stats people would still be ****ing whining about them.
At the moment I'd be begging any of our forwards to be doing even half as good as those two.

Old
10-13-2013, 01:15 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
At the moment I'd be begging any of our forwards to be doing even half as good as those two.
well it was more of a shot at the folks who would ***** about Carter even when he was scoring 40 goals. Everyone knew JVR has the talent and with him some thought it would take him awhile to get there. again there were folks who were bringing out the b word with JVR in his second season. I fear the same is going to happen to Couturier. so many folks are impatient with young players.

Old
10-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
well it was more of a shot at the folks who would ***** about Carter even when he was scoring 40 goals. Everyone knew JVR has the talent and with him some thought it would take him awhile to get there. again there were folks who were bringing out the b word with JVR in his second season. I fear the same is going to happen to Couturier. so many folks are impatient with young players.
No that's what I mean, I completely agree. Every time Carter missed a shot we had to hear the "high-and-wide" jokes which were usually half to fully serious. At the time it's like people don't realize that the more you shoot the more you'll miss and that beyond that he was a constant 30 to 45 goal guy. So it's not like he did nothing but miss the net.

Old
10-13-2013, 01:31 AM
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!

Quote:
No that's what I mean, I completely agree. Every time Carter missed a shot we had to hear the "high-and-wide" jokes which were usually half to fully serious. At the time it's like people don't realize that the more you shoot the more you'll miss and that beyond that he was a constant 30 to 45 goal guy. So it's not like he did nothing but miss the net.
High scorers often miss a lot, but they also shoot a lot, which is a result of excellent skating and the fine art of creating space, which is very underrated.

I hated every single high and wide, but I understood it. When the team truly needed a goal and he'd miss the top corner-- it was very annoying, which everyone zero'd in on.

Old
10-13-2013, 01:31 AM
hockeyfreak7

From what I remember (and what I personally believed) towards the end of Carter's tenure, many fans were starting to realize that Carter's utility was outweighed by the value of what he would fetch in a trade.

Considering the return we got for him, I'd say that was accurate. It wasn't that anybody thought Carter was a bad player at all; just that he could be frustrating at times and would ultimately provide more value to the team in a trade than he would on the team.

As for JVR, I don't think many people seriously considered tagging him with the B word. There was always too much talent there, and I think most sane fans recognized that he would eventually be a useful goal scorer.

Old
10-13-2013, 01:32 AM
Flyotes
JVR is Pigeon Caw!

Also: That goal against the Canucks is hilarious.

Old
10-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
From what I remember (and what I personally believed) towards the end of Carter's tenure, many fans were starting to realize that Carter's utility was outweighed by the value of what he would fetch in a trade.

Considering the return we got for him, I'd say that was accurate. It wasn't that anybody thought Carter was a bad player at all; just that he could be frustrating at times and would ultimately provide more value to the team in a trade than he would on the team.

As for JVR, I don't think many people seriously considered tagging him with the B word. There was always too much talent there, and I think most sane fans recognized that he would eventually be a useful goal scorer.
Nah, between not getting it done in the playoffs and the media **** storm Carter left for similar reasons to Richards. People just lost faith and got tired. Wanted a new era even if it wasn't for the best necessarily. Until he was traded I never stop heard people complaining about missing an open net in the SCF.

Old
10-13-2013, 02:22 AM
FlyerSithLord

Send a message via AIM to FlyerSithLord
Quote:
Nah, between not getting it done in the playoffs and the media **** storm Carter left for similar reasons to Richards. People just lost faith and got tired. Wanted a new era even if it wasn't for the best necessarily. Until he was traded I never stop heard people complaining about missing an open net in the SCF.
People tend to forget that Carter had a few strokes of bad luck with us in the playoffs as well. He had played in like 200 straight games and then breaks his foot on deflected shot. I'd rather of Richards and Carter back on this team

Old
10-13-2013, 02:29 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
exactly. you shoot the puck a lot and you are going to miss it more then others. it wouldnt matter if he scored 35. or 47.
it was always harping on the negative.

Old
10-13-2013, 02:35 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
even tho a lot was happening on that play. the puck wasnt flat on the ice when he received it and he needed just that split second to settle it down. which was enough time for Campbell to get over and for Niemi to make the save.

Old
10-13-2013, 12:14 PM
hockeyfreak7

Honestly that play was what makes Carter a great goal scorer. Had he gotten excited and tried to bury it right away, he would have fanned on it completely.

Instead he made the safe play, and Niemi made possibly the best read of his career by making himself bigger and lunging towards the puck. 9 times out of 10, the goalie wouldn't make that play. Carter did everything he could, and I always get pissed off when people complain about that moment.

Old
10-13-2013, 01:00 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Honestly that play was what makes Carter a great goal scorer. Had he gotten excited and tried to bury it right away, he would have fanned on it completely.

Instead he made the safe play, and Niemi made possibly the best read of his career by making himself bigger and lunging towards the puck. 9 times out of 10, the goalie wouldn't make that play. Carter did everything he could, and I always get pissed off when people complain about that moment.
As do I.

Old
10-13-2013, 01:12 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerSithLord View Post
People tend to forget that Carter had a few strokes of bad luck with us in the playoffs as well. He had played in like 200 straight games and then breaks his foot on deflected shot. I'd rather of Richards and Carter back on this team
Yeah, a lot of people would bring up his playoff numbers and ignore the injuries he was playing through. I loved seeing him score that OT winner against the Devils since it was a shot against two of the things his detractors liked saying most- he doesn't score in the playoffs and he only scores in blowouts (or against the Islanders).

Also I'm not so sure we won that trade like a lot of people here are. The value was good, but that doesn't mean the trade made hockey sense. Besides that, Coots is still a ways off from the player we hope he'll become and Voracek isn't all that close to being the player Carter is imo. If you go on the Kings board a lot of their posters are calling Carter their best player since the start of last season.

Last edited by zarley zelepukin: 10-13-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Closed Thread