HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Canes Bruins GDT

Old
12-04-2006, 02:04 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
kahz, in your lineup id put ladd on that third line with belanger and walker. good amount of skill and finally a line you have to keep your head up a against. letowski or larose on the fourth.

i agree we dont have to add anyone, but i thought that last year as well. i wouldnt mind another top 4 d, but who wouldnt?
Great thing right now is we don't even really have to trade to add said top 4 defenseman. Hedican-Commodore has been a good "top pairing" for us since last year, Babchuk-Gleason is really rounding into form, Wallin-Wesley are the shutdown guys... and we have a top 4 defenseman right now waiting for his chance to return from injury. Obviously I'm not saying that I wouldn't trade Tanabe + a lower pick for Brewer, Jackman or Morris if the opportunity came along, but we're in solid position on D even without said move IMO.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 02:47 PM
robotron2084

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahz View Post
I'm not one to get upset about unloading draft picks (and I don't think we gave up a whole lot last year), but it's not a good idea to continue doing so year after year.
But in exchange for the Cup, I'd do it again (and again and again).

robotron2084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 03:23 PM
bleedgreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
Great thing right now is we don't even really have to trade to add said top 4 defenseman. Hedican-Commodore has been a good "top pairing" for us since last year, Babchuk-Gleason is really rounding into form, Wallin-Wesley are the shutdown guys... and we have a top 4 defenseman right now waiting for his chance to return from injury. Obviously I'm not saying that I wouldn't trade Tanabe + a lower pick for Brewer, Jackman or Morris if the opportunity came along, but we're in solid position on D even without said move IMO.
youre right, just adding kaberle will only strengthen the unit. im not so sold on the babs/ timmah pairing. i think they get caught running around just a bit, but its great to see a young pairing like that get used with frequency. having them both be two way, but not obsessive offensive d allows them both chances to jump up. neither one should be jumping up all the time, and the differences between the two probably make it harder to check against them when they do join the rush. still, im always looking at next year. hedican/wes/ and wallin are all year to year in my book regardless of contract situation. if we lost two of them and didnt have a another younger top 4 potential guy ready to go we could be in trouble. we both would love to add one of your mentioned group - ill add stuart and possibly mara (he's really struggled in boston - maybe he would come cheaper) to the group. ive hesitated on the tanabe bashing, as ive never agreed with the average canes fan lustful loathing of him...but im ready to give up that ghost finally. he just hasnt found a niche on this team, which is far more suited to him than the canes team he left.

bleedgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2006, 03:54 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
I can totally understand where you're coming from on the Tanabe front. I do make a lot of snide comments about the guy myself, but I honestly have been all about giving him a chance this year. That said, he hasn't done anything to really take any playing time from our top 6 and I'm about ready to hit the point where I'd give him up if a reasonable trade came along.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote