HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2013, 02:29 PM
CP31

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
You just cant beat him with an average shot or an average play, it takes a defelction, a screened shot, a breakaway ect ect..
This is the thing I love about price he rarely gets beat by normal shots.

Old
10-13-2013, 02:33 PM
HABSonaroll

Price - looking good - he sure bailed them out a few times on some of those Turnovers

Old
10-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Genesis76

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pine View Post
Not sure whether to categorize you as a Price lover or hater. On one hand, three quarters of your posts relate to him... on the other hand, three quarters of your posts relate to him.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/se...duser&u=196723

The obsession is fascinating. I can only admire your perseverance as I stand in awe before you.

I'm actually an Anti Pro-Price fan. If I have an obsession its with them. Price himself I don't give a crap but its people who try to make us believe hes God that pisses me off.

And I'm also a Pro-Subban I wish we had a Subban thread as exciting as this one.

Old
10-13-2013, 02:57 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis76 View Post
I'm actually an Anti Pro-Price fan. If I have an obsession its with them. Price himself I don't give a crap but its people who try to make us believe hes God that pisses me off.

And I'm also a Pro-Subban I wish we had a Subban thread as exciting as this one.
Who's saying he's God? From what I see, even the most adamant Price supporters are mostly just arguing that he is among the top goalies in this league. Doesn't seem like an illogical argument.

Old
10-13-2013, 03:01 PM
dzd ncnfzd

Carey "bashers" (I'm not talking about those that do serious analysis) that like to conjure up memories of Roy say forget that Roy had many very ordinary seasons, two play-offs with us he was spectacular (I will always remember that game against New York) but those years he also had a team that battled in front of him. Same with Dryden - though he did make the difference, the same team without him (in his off year and after the retirements) did not do so well.

To win the cup or have a good play-off run both a good tender (or one that is exceptionaly in the zone) and a solid team - plus some luck is required. I've been watching our team since '67, lets have some perspective

Carey is a good tender imo

Old
10-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Serious HABit

that own-goal was bruta... oh wait that was 7uongo. lulz

Old
10-13-2013, 03:55 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Why can't everyone just be happy that he's been playing extremely well this year (so far)?
I don't think he's been playing much better than last year to be honest. He faced weak shots and wasn't really tested by their offense. Same way we didn't test Anderson in the PO.

that's the recipe to good goalie stats.

Old
10-13-2013, 04:20 PM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Who's saying he's God? From what I see, even the most adamant Price supporters are mostly just arguing that he is among the top goalies in this league. Doesn't seem like an illogical argument.
Dude, bro, open your eyes, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price4MVP View Post
Price is amazing, he's the reincarnation of god. BOW DOWN BEFORE BEERCULES.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRICE2HOT2HANDLE View Post
Price is gonna be the greatest goalie of all time. Sometimes I think God is unfair to the rest of the league when he gave us Carey!111!1!one!!
Quote:
Price >>> God >>> Roy/Brodeur/Hasek. AINEC. Even if he's playing with his undiagnosed concussion.

Old
10-13-2013, 04:31 PM
JohnLennon

Quote:
Dude, bro, open your eyes, they're everywhere.
I stand corrected by the almighty pine. FOILED AS ALWAYS.

Old
10-13-2013, 07:08 PM
McSorleyStick
GIJON !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
people like you need to wise up and learn the meaning of the word steal. Price was good when tested but the play was pretty even, Habs had the edge in chances and Price went almost an entire period without a dangerous shot.

If that's a steal then there are half a dozen steals every night.

Let's call this what it is, a strong but long overdue outing by Price.
And Boom !

Old
10-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Andy

I deleted the post because calling out a poster by referring to past posts might be against the site rules.

Last edited by Andy: 10-13-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old
10-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Yes, people here believe that goaltenders cannot be affected by the rest of their team and that Carey Price is not a playoff goalie. If you don't believe that Price is a "playoff goalie" then you have to deduce they want him off the team to get a "playoff goalie" to lead Montreal to the Cup.
Really, it's just easier to blame one player than to blame the team. Too many folks here really shouldn't be cheering for one team. They should just cheer for the players they draft in their fantasy hockey pool.
People wish he'd be playing better. I think there's the difference. So most people are at that point. Freakin difference to want him gone and think Budaj can do the job. Or have an idea of who outside of this team can do the job. By the way, only problem with your analysis is that I'm pretty sure that the same who are totally offended to see that much scrutiny over ONE SINGLE player...have no problem criticizing and bashing Desharnais.....or any other ONE SINGLE player. But seems that Price cannot be criticized and has to be off-limit. I think it's about time that some see that it's not always black and white....grey areas exist. It's not because you criticize a guy that you want him out. As most people in here will say it as it is.....if they want him out, they'll say it. Yes, there are some people who want him out. It,s not the majority. But if he still has ups and downs this year.....no playoffs success....and maybe another year with ups and downs....and no playoffs success.....and let say in the meantime we improve the team....it won't be normal to start looking for other options? Yet again, we are not there yet. And the MOST IMPORTANT AND CRUCIAL thing is for Bergevin to improve that team. Something me, the Price basher, keeps asking the most during off-season....The Price basher in me kept asking to shelter him from this intense pressure coming his way if he would have had an average season....we HAD to improve the team. Had to improve the D, especially with Emelin out. And we didn't. And to me that's more problematic than Price's performances. But hey....let's just remember the post when I criticize his post to post movement....makes it more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLSandman View Post
You obviously missed the countless trade proposals in the offseason with him in it. Not to mention we had idk how many ppl saying since his stats weren't even in the top 30 goalies last year that he wasn't even a good goalie. Countless people have said we will never win with Price, that he's never going to bring us a cup.

I've seen posters saying he was basically in the same category a Devin ****ing dubnyk!

You can't come here and pretend that people some people don't massively underrate him just like some overrate him ( even though I do think he's a top 5-6 goalie in the nhl and I wouldn't trade him for any other starter considering his age)

But to say that no one wants him traded or no one says he's no better than budaj, just isn't true.
My comparison to Devan Dubnyk was directed to people who keeps saying that Price had no chance at becoming better as our defense wasn't good enough and that all the other goalies from Lundqvist to Rask to whoever great, had great systems and great defense, hence Price was alone in the category. I know that my point was that if we could shelter Price and say that yes indeed, he's probably better than everybody who has a great defense and system, we then should probably look at the other goalies who also suffers from terrible D and terrible system. Last year, Dubnyk had a Save% of .920. In a era where only stats counts.....wasn't that pretty good for a Oilers team? Now...seeing how he handles himself even with still a pretty bad Oilers team, Dubnyk has clearly fell off planet earth this year as this Toronto game was such an awful display of goaltending.....But what he did last year had to be really great. And .914 the year before. Shouldn't he get also a little bit of consideration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
I don't know how you can be a fan of this team for the past few years and not notice the amount of people that simply want Price gone. There were comparisons to Peter Budaj and Devan Dubnyk...

Rest assured there is a large group of people that have always made an effort to criticize Price whenever they can, and for no particularly logical reason. It's a borderline obsession for certain posters.
Wakeup to Montreal...where goaltending as always been an obsession. Somehow though....it wasn't as bad for certain posters to criticize Theodore back in the days. I guess some goalies, like some players, have the immunity that some don't deserve....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Frankly WS, I think you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to goaltending and think you should focuss more on your strengths, defensemen and fowards... I think you are vainly over scrutinizing Carey Price and you are going nowhere with it.. Technically Price is basically flawless and is an example to follow for all the young goaltenders who want to get better... Technically, he is easilly among the 3 best goaltenders in the league with Rask and Rinne, you just cant beat him with an average shot or an average play, it takes a defelction, a screened shot, a breakaway ect ect.. I fail to understand how you can be so critic toward Price when Lunqvist, the best goaltender in the league according to you, is far from being perfect technically, while he covers alot of space in the net with his size and positionning, he is rather slow to move in his net..
See THIS is an example of posters who thinks they know it all and REALLY try to prove that their opinion is THE opinion. For a guy who knows nothing, I'm pretty sure that the whole post from post movement that was described by Waite as something to work on was also kinda described by me way before. The fact that he was often moving in front of his net but endedup on his belly, was also described as something to work on. Price being flawless is clearly a myth that strangely has seen up to 3 goalie coaches so far. Pretty sure that Lundqvist has to be a top goalie as technique is NOT the only thing that makes a goalie pretty good. But he is pretty good at that too. Not that long ago, Dominik Hasek wasn't perfect technically. Brodeur never bought the butterfly position that makes most ordinairy goalie, pretty good ones. Is young kids learning the position like Brodeur played it? Does that make Brodeur a bad goalie? Price moves too much in front of his net. And struggles to have his stick in the right position when players are up close.

Funny thing is that while I have my own opinion of the goalies coaches he had, they are still goalie coaches. Something way more than I did in my life. So....what do you do with Melanson who says that Price has regressed under Groulx? Total BS from a frustrated guy in need of publicity? Really? Yet...Groulx was fired....was he fired by Melanson? There's an organizatino that thinks that he deserved a 3rd goalie coach. Is it really solely mentally? If so...don,t hire a goalie coach....ask our psychiatrist to work with him. So no, it's clearly not solely a mental problem. So don't take my word....Melanson's word.....the organization's word....or Price's words....but we'll go with yours who clearly knows more than everybody else on that matters.

Oh and by the way.....look around. Most #1 goalies cannot be beaten by an average shot not screened. Not anymore. This is not the 80's. The ones that are beaten won,t stay #1 too long and I'm pretty sure we don't want or have to compare Price to goalies who ends up not keeping a #1 job in this league....And the problem then is that when it's time to analyse what's an average shot, it comes down to subjective opinions, pro-Price will find that every shots that beat him wasn't average, anti-Price will found them average. Anyway, unfortunately for you, I won't shut up even if I don't know anything. Would be a pretty quiet board if we'd only allow people who knows THE truth.....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 10-13-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old
10-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Why is it a problem if there's an obsession anyway? If he does great....am I really going to read in this board about either lovers or haters about how we should stop congratulating him over and over again? There will really people who will hate seeing us congratulate him every single night? I want to really meet those people 'cause if so...they are the real true ones in that debate....

The day we have a real strong team that won,t need their goalie to be day in day out the beset player of the team, the obsession will stop. Until then....unfortunately, that's how it's going to be. But we are pretty versatile though. Have we stopped bashing Desharnais while we are so obsessed and focused on Price? Have we stopped praising Eller, and both Gallys despite our obsession? Has Therrien's work be unnoticed also? Pretty sure everybody will have it despite the Price "Love".....

Old
10-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Why is it a problem if there's an obsession anyway? If he does great....am I really going to read in this board about either lovers or haters about how we should stop congratulating him over and over again? There will really people who will hate seeing us congratulate him every single night? I want to really meet those people 'cause if so...they are the real true ones in that debate....
I'm pretty sure people who are congratulating him over and over again are doing it to stick at those who constantly bash him over and over again. And then the people who bash him, do so even more to stick to those that praise him. It's a vicious cycle.

Old
10-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I'm pretty sure people who are congratulating him over and over again are doing it to stick at those who constantly bash him over and over again. And then the people who bash him, do so even more to stick to those that praise him. It's a vicious cycle.

Despite the cycle, much of the "loving" Price is done with a defensive attitude towards those who go out of there way to downplay Price in every way possible.
Well not you who, while I clearly don't agree with, at least comes down with a strong and serious analysis of the guy's work. Yes, you see those infamous "take that haters" or a guy who one day came out with "that guy gave a bad goal, trade him....not going to name him....". But I'll say that most posts, at least lately, are usually based on something more than He sucks or he's the best.

Old
10-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Andy

Quote:
Well not you who, while I clearly don't agree with, at least comes down with a strong and serious analysis of the guy's work. Yes, you see those infamous "take that haters" or a guy who one day came out with "that guy gave a bad goal, trade him....not going to name him....". But I'll say that most posts, at least lately, are usually based on something more than He sucks or he's the best.
Tell that to my ignore list, which has about 25 posters on it because I'm tired of reading every GDT who say "Price sucks", "another soft goal" "LOL PRICE!1!!!".

Old
10-13-2013, 08:42 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Tell that to my ignore list, which has about 25 posters on it because I'm tired of reading every GDT who say "Price sucks", "another soft goal" "LOL PRICE!1!!!".
I'm never going to judge a poster based on a GDT post. Most people don't have time to make a thesis out of those posts....Those are mostly posts to vent, to just express rapidly their thought and so on.....But when comes the time to go a little more in detail in a specific thread....then, you might be able to know a little bit more about the thought process.....But that's just me....

Old
10-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Andy

Quote:
I'm never going to judge a poster based on a GDT post. Most people don't have time to make a thesis out of those posts....Those are mostly posts to vent, to just express rapidly their thought and so on.....But when comes the time to go a little more in detail in a specific thread....then, you might be able to know a little bit more about the thought process.....But that's just me....
It takes a lot for someone to go on my IL. If they are there, it's probably because I have given them multiple chances to elaborate their positions, especially in PGT where they get called out for their comments.

Old
10-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:

The day we have a real strong team that won't need their goalie to be day in day out the beset player of the team, the obsession will stop. Until then....unfortunately, that's how it's going to be.
Problem is in a cap world you can't have a real strong team that won't need it's goalie to be the best player AND have a goalie that is paid as the best player. So the Habs are caught between a rock and a hard place. You can't pay your goalie top dollar and then whine that the defence sucks. In a cap world You improve the defence by taking away from the offence or you get a goalie that isn't paid top dollar. So if you keep your well paid goalie, he and his fanboys better learn to live with a weaker defence or weaker offence if MB decides to go that way.

Right now Price is the best paid player on the team. He needs to be the best player NOT every game but a majority of the games AND he needs to show up for the playoffs. Not one or two games in the playoffs but most of them.

Old
10-13-2013, 09:41 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Called constructive criticisms. Nobody wants his head. Nobody wants him to be traded. Nobody hates him. Chill out. I did say he was absolutely brillant last night but I guess you missed that memo.
You can call it many things but constructive is not one of them This level of scrutiny and negativity is more like destructive.

This is Obama territory - in the end 25% or so will never be happy until Price is out of Montreal.

Old
10-13-2013, 09:54 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
That's open minded of you, but quite honestly, there must be at least a dozen regular posters who lurk in the background, hoping for a soft goal so they can pounce.

And if there isn't a soft goal, they'll bitz about how Price should have had that screened, double deflection.

Old
10-13-2013, 09:56 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Beware the wolf in sheep's clothing.

Just because you can organize your thoughts and string together a couple of cognizant sentences does not exclude you from being an extremist or a hater.

Serious analysis of Price's body of work should produce an objective result with some positives and some negatives. But based on this thread, some posters would have us believe that Price is a below average goalie who has reached is full potential.

Old
10-13-2013, 11:04 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
That's open minded of you, but quite honestly, there must be at least a dozen regular posters who lurk in the background, hoping for a soft goal so they can pounce.

And if there isn't a soft goal, they'll bitz about how Price should have had that screened, double deflection.
They be careful of avoiding dislocation of the TMJ (temperomandibular joint), a common affliction of those who yap too much,

Old
10-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
You can call it many things but constructive is not one of them This level of scrutiny and negativity is more like destructive.

This is Obama territory - in the end 25% or so will never be happy until Price is out of Montreal.
I was talking about the points made AFTER Saturday's win. Please go back, re-read those posts and tell me how "destructive" those posts were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Beware the wolf in sheep's clothing.

Just because you can organize your thoughts and string together a couple of cognizant sentences does not exclude you from being an extremist or a hater.

Serious analysis of Price's body of work should produce an objective result with some positives and some negatives. But based on this thread, some posters would have us believe that Price is a below average goalie who has reached is full potential.
Personnally, I've never hidden the fact that I wasn't a Price lover. So the wolf isn't wearing anything else but his own clothes. Yes, I will not consider myself a hater as well as my thoughts about Price this summer was mostly build around the fact that the most important thing was not to get Price out. Was to build a much better team around. And I'll also add that personnally, if he plays great, I'll say it. Not going to downplay it. So if that's a hater, so be it....but I'll mostly believe that it is based on the view of an "extremist" lover. Which I also don't believe it's that much better.

As I stated numerous times, there are things to work with him. And that his "name" is still out there based on potential. Thinking that as to mean that I don't think he has reached it......yet. But time is running out.

As far as trading him, I don't want that. And at this point, I am pretty sure that we will lose a trade involving him as I'm skeptical of Bergevin now. But not only that....it's also possible that I'll start believing, at least for Price, that one statement I hate to hear might actually be true...."He would not have done it here". If he's traded and does awfully better elsewhere, chances are we "could" place that under this statement as the level of pressure is too high here and starting over elsewhere could be just what the doctor orders. But we're so no there yet. We need to see a great Price for us. And we need for Bergevin to build a much stronger defense. And for Therrien to construct a much better defensive system. Before we start thinking of dealing Price.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 10-14-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old
10-14-2013, 08:23 AM
icerocket

Lol Price is the starting goalie of the Habs. He will continue to be for a very long time. These constant threads are ridiculous.

Closed Thread