HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Biron needs to be traded or sent down.

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2013, 12:49 AM
Raspewtin
mfw Rangers

vCash: 50
The backup situation is not important RIGHT this second, but we will blink and it will become a serious issue. Hank's going to the olympics, and will still play 60-65 games in the NHL. If there's any year to have a really good backup, it's this one. Again, it's not a GLARING need that has to be fixed right this second, but if by mid-December Marty is still here playing terribly, I will be very concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
Yea our backup goalie slated to play ~15 games is the real problem on this team.

Why are people even mentioning Bryz? I'm praying it's just jokes or kicking hypothetical tires. All I see on here recently is how we should let Hank walk if he wants 8mil, but now Bryz is a viable, financially sound backup option..? In what world? We barely want to see a 4th line guy like Boyle get the money he gets, or Biron the money he gets. But Bryz @ any figure above 2mil as a backup is alright with the lot of you?

If he couldn't handle Philly, yall really think he would be okay in NY? Please.
he won't be asked to be Ron Hextall in net, with a really ****** defense in front of him. He just needs to be a solid backup. So yes he'd be worth 1.5-2 mill for that.

Old
10-14-2013, 01:38 AM
TheTakedown764

vCash: 500
The other thing to consider is Hank LIKES having Biron around, so it would be VERY classless to cut biron to the minors right now...

Hank is in his contract year, the last thing you want to do is cut his bro from the team... I understand it's business, but this is something you don't **** with right now, and hope that some coaching can band aid this problem for now...

i say right now because if it gets to the point where Biron is NOT a capable backup (which is NOT out of the question), then you make decisions. He's only had one game in net so far. Give the guy a chance

Old
10-14-2013, 02:31 AM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Small sample size here - but looks pretty bad. I mean a veteran pro being paid over a million bucks this year needs to be better prepared than this - no? And Hanks stats are real bad too

Old
10-14-2013, 03:40 AM
Machinehead
HFB Partner

vCash: 50
Frankly I don't know why the spot was given to Biron when Talbot outclassed him in preseason.

Read My Blog Here
Follow on Twitter @6goaliedefense

Alain Vigneault hitlist - Emerson Etem, Dylan McIlrath, Keith Yandle
Old
10-14-2013, 02:03 PM
ck20

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
The backup situation is not important RIGHT this second, but we will blink and it will become a serious issue. Hank's going to the olympics, and will still play 60-65 games in the NHL. If there's any year to have a really good backup, it's this one. Again, it's not a GLARING need that has to be fixed right this second, but if by mid-December Marty is still here playing terribly, I will be very concerned.

he won't be asked to be Ron Hextall in net, with a really ****** defense in front of him. He just needs to be a solid backup. So yes he'd be worth 1.5-2 mill for that.
What do you think the chances are of Bryz taking a ~4mil+ discount from his last contract? Getting him for anything even remotely close to what Biron gets now is nothing but a dream and I'm not understanding why everyone thinks Bryz will accept a < 2mil contract. I'd be beyond surprised if he'd settle for anything under 2.7-3mil and for a backup that we can just get in-house..no thanks.

People on here can say "He's just worth 1.5-2mil" all they want, I highly doubt his agent or himself will say "Yep 1.5mil sounds good after coming off of making 6.5mil last season he played, and when he was slated to get 8/6/6mil the next 3 years." While yes, the Flyers were a bit ridiculous with that contract, he's going to try his hardest to get in the same ballpark.

Aren't the Rangers in enough of a financial squeeze as is? We have to move around guys like Asham/Powe/now Biron to make room for Hagelin's return so again, I'm really not understanding why Bryz is even being mentioned when, by the sound of it, Talbot could be a relatively solid backup for 3/4 the price.

Bryz would crack before 3 games from fan/media pressure here. We all laughed at him during his tenure in Philly, a few missed saves in NY and he'd get tarred and feathered during the game.

Closed Thread