HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 12/17)

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2013, 01:07 PM
TheRightWay

vCash: 500
Tambellini's goal was pretty cool. Nice hands.

Old
10-12-2013, 10:04 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Nieves had a goal and an assist tonight. Skjei is scoreless but +2 for the second consecutive game. Tambellini has an assist with 13 minutes to go. Fogarty was scoreless.

Last edited by nyr2k2: 10-12-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Old
10-12-2013, 10:46 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Greenville played their exhibition opener. Neither St. Croix nor Nicholls suited up.

Old
10-12-2013, 11:37 PM
SnowblindNYR

Is there a context for Duclair's points total? I couldn't find a list of the top scorers on the league website for some reason. I chose "top scorers" and nothing showed up.

Old
10-12-2013, 11:58 PM
UAGoalieGuy

He has 12 points in 9 games so far (8 goals) in the Q, which as we all know is a very offensive league. Some context, he's tied for 24th overall in scoring and the top point scorer right now has more the double his totals. Still doing very well. He is tied with three other players for third overall in goals scored though.

Old
10-13-2013, 12:02 AM
TheRightWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
He has 12 points in 9 games so far (8 goals) in the Q, which as we all know is a very offensive league. Some context, he's tied for 24th overall in scoring and the top point scorer right now has more the double his totals. Still doing very well. He is tied with three other players for third overall in goals scored though.
I think it's also important to note that the QMJHL season started while Duclair was still with the Rangers, and as a result he's only played 9 games whereas many of the guys ahead of him have played as many as 12.

Old
10-13-2013, 12:03 AM
SnowblindNYR

Thanks guys.

Old
10-13-2013, 12:08 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
I think it's also important to note that the QMJHL season started while Duclair was still with the Rangers, and as a result he's only played 9 games whereas many of the guys ahead of him have played as many as 12.
This is true, most of the other players have played 10-12 games so far. Mantha, who leads the league right now has only played 9 games as well. Looks to be a solid selection by Detroit from this past years draft. Still very early though.

Old
10-13-2013, 08:42 AM
eco's bones

The Rangers don't have a lot of prospects in the CHL, College or Europe at the moment. They will need to start building that up again. An alternative is to sign undrafted free agents like Allen, Kantor, Hughes but there are some limitations to that and it's not always easy to get the best guys. Allen does look really good so far and Hughes had a big game last night.

Old
10-13-2013, 10:36 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Also worth noting is that the Remparts are not expected to be a very good team this season. Duclair has produced since he got back there and in the few games I've watched has been their best player.

Old
10-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
The Rangers don't have a lot of prospects in the CHL, College or Europe at the moment. They will need to start building that up again. An alternative is to sign undrafted free agents like Allen, Kantor, Hughes but there are some limitations to that and it's not always easy to get the best guys. Allen does look really good so far and Hughes had a big game last night.
Depth is important, but we have great depth right now and that depth will provide "depth", if you get what I mean, for quite some time.

It would certainly be nice with a "great pick" though. Nicer than more depth.

This scouting staff has been hailed, but it was some time ago we made a really good pick. And while there has been many solid picks, every one of them got "something" about them that is holding them back some.

Old
10-13-2013, 01:03 PM
TheRightWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Depth is important, but we have great depth right now and that depth will provide "depth", if you get what I mean, for quite some time.

This scouting staff has been hailed, but it was some time ago we made a really good pick. And while there has been many solid picks, every one of them got "something" about them that is holding them back some.
Nature of where we've been drafting. Any player who has tremendous talent but is also close to a sure thing goes in the Top 10. The one guy who fell into our lap, Cherepanov, had a freak incident. I think the scouts see the need for that one "above all others" kind of player, though. With limited resources they managed to grab Tambellini, Duclair, and Buchnevich, who each in their own way have the potential to become that kind of player.

Old
10-13-2013, 01:23 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

Main point is I think we've reached the point where for the next couple yeasr we should hang on to our draft picks--at least the earlier ones--start to seriously think about the next batch of replacements and think about adding to that. Most of our prospects and most of our best prospects have turned professional.

Old
10-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
Nature of where we've been drafting. Any player who has tremendous talent but is also close to a sure thing goes in the Top 10. The one guy who fell into our lap, Cherepanov, had a freak incident. I think the scouts see the need for that one "above all others" kind of player, though. With limited resources they managed to grab Tambellini, Duclair, and Buchnevich, who each in their own way have the potential to become that kind of player.
Yeah, it's a crap shot. But I ment more like, if you play crap long enough you are bound to win once in a while.

Old
10-14-2013, 12:50 AM
Kwayry
Take the damn deal

Quote:
Adam Herman
A 30 save shutout for Mackenzie Skapski, his first of the season. Best game of the year from him by far.
And first star of the game.

Old
10-14-2013, 02:46 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Skapperrrrrrr.

Always good to see the prospects faring well. Expect big things from Boo this year.

Old
10-14-2013, 06:44 AM
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Greenville played their exhibition opener. Neither St. Croix nor Nicholls suited up.
What is going on with these two?

Old
10-14-2013, 08:41 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
What is going on with these two?
Greenville, like many ECHL clubs, signs lots of players to PTOs. That first game, looks like they played primarily the guys that were fighting for a spot on the club. Nicholls and St. Croix will be on the roster regardless. They sat a couple veterans as well. That's my guess.

It's just pain.
Old
10-14-2013, 12:03 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

Not sure if he's Rangers property anymore or not, but Pashnin threw a huge hit on Jan Mursak a few days ago and then was immediately KOed in a fight. Video in the link.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...5281--nhl.html

Old
10-14-2013, 12:08 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
Not sure if he's Rangers property anymore or not, but Pashnin threw a huge hit on Jan Mursak a few days ago and then was immediately KOed in a fight. Video in the link.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...5281--nhl.html
Definitely a dirty hit. Looks like the ref staring right at the play, in the top left corner of the screen didn't even raise his hand to call it

Pash definitely needs to work on his fighting if he's going to play such a rough game. Looks like he graduated with a PhD from Semin University.

That all said, what I would give to see a Rangers player step up at the blueline like that... well, but deliver a clean hit

Old
10-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

It was one of the reasons I was rooting so hard for Valentenko to pan out as a bottom pairing defenseman for us.

Old
10-14-2013, 12:50 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
It was one of the reasons I was rooting so hard for Valentenko to pan out as a bottom pairing defenseman for us.
I saw him play in person against Buffalo and he looked good. Solid on his skates, big guy, good shot, didn't shy away from contact. I still don't know why he didn't get a shot.

Old
10-14-2013, 01:22 PM
cwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I saw him play in person against Buffalo and he looked good. Solid on his skates, big guy, good shot, didn't shy away from contact. I still don't know why he didn't get a shot.
Chatted with a NYR scout at an NCAA game last year; Rangers believed Valentenko's skating is below NHL level.
He and Pashnin are still listed on NYR site.

Not sure how long Pashnin rights are retained as unsigned pick.

v-Tank was RFA-qualified when Zucc was after 2012, so that retains his rights for some period...

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...xpects-cba-neg

Old
10-14-2013, 02:01 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwede View Post
Chatted with a NYR scout at an NCAA game last year; Rangers believed Valentenko's skating is below NHL level.
He and Pashnin are still listed on NYR site.

Not sure how long Pashnin rights are retained as unsigned pick.

v-Tank was RFA-qualified when Zucc was after 2012, so that retains his rights for some period...

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...xpects-cba-neg
Interesting. Considering at the time they had Redden on the team I think that's a poor assessment.

Old
10-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

The Rangers used Bickel for two years, they could have used Valentenko or Kundratek instead.

Closed Thread