HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marc Bergevin looking for a defensemen since ...

Old
10-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Desharnais's value is probably not as low as many think. I'm sure there are GMs out there who believe they can get him and get him to be even better than he was, and that right now things are not working out for him here and that it's not his fault. By the same token, those GMs probably have players they believe are done and will never get better or whatever. These are the kind of players we'll get for him, projects.

If he's moved and he doesn't recover, THEN his value drops, a lot. Because the mirage of the change of scenery helping will have vanished and then it's all on Desharnais.

Phil Parent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Lebowski

vCash: 500
There were indeed rumors involving Desprès and "and unknown Canadian team". Most people on the Pens' board figured it was the Canadiens.

The Pens' management apparently didn't like the fact Desprès reported to camp "out of shape", but I doubt this is the only reason why they'd consider trading him.

And logically, the Pens' biggest need would be a top 6 winger or a top 4 defenseman... Unless they are interested in Gorges, they'd probably go for someone like Gallagher (they'd obviously have to add something quite significant though).

And if a trade centering Gorges and Desprès were to happen, it'd make absolutely no sense for Bergevin considering he wants to add to the defensive core rather than swap players. So if Desprès is the target, I wouldn't be surprised if Gallagher's name came up... Or maybe high-end type of prospects like Collberg. Also the Habs might consider a swap with their own "headcase" in Nathan Beaulieu...

Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 11:50 AM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
that doesnt get u bogo

Quality >>> Quantity
K so how about

Gorges
Pleks
1st

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 11:52 AM
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
There were indeed rumors involving Desprès and "and unknown Canadian team". Most people on the Pens' board figured it was the Canadiens.

The Pens' management apparently didn't like the fact Desprès reported to camp "out of shape", but I doubt this is the only reason why they'd consider trading him.

And logically, the Pens' biggest need would be a top 6 winger or a top 4 defenseman... Unless they are interested in Gorges, they'd probably go for someone like Gallagher (they'd obviously have to add something quite significant though).

And if a trade centering Gorges and Desprès were to happen, it'd make absolutely no sense for Bergevin considering he wants to add to the defensive core rather than swap players. So if Desprès is the target, I wouldn't be surprised if Gallagher's name came up... Or maybe high-end type of prospects like Collberg. Also the Habs might consider a swap with their own "headcase" in Nathan Beaulieu...
There's literally no way Gallagher is involved in a trade.

Subban, Price, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Galchenyuk and Eller are untouchable.

Kenny Powders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 11:53 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Why would we need a defenseman? We got Briere.
If someone can make sense of this please help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 View Post
I'm not againts trading Eller for a no. 2 or 3 right-handed d-man like Bogosian.
You aren't eh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Wait.... you're willing to trade away a player who is starting to fit the mould of EXACTLY what we've been looking for for over a decade for something we already have developing in our system... I hope your name isn't Marc Bergevin
Yeah i had a good lol also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
jets need a top 4 left handed d-man

Gorges
DD
1st
3rd

for

Bogo
Yeah, that won't get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
The optimist in me would love revitalizing Tyler Myers career by acquiring him on the relatively cheap deal in terms of transaction.

The realist in me sees, Tinordi/Beaulieu and later Pateryn and Nygren sticking with the big club...

At some point of the season Boullion has to see his minutes reduced...
Myers will not be had for cheap. Unless cheap is Patches for Myers to you ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:10 PM
SnapVirus

I'd aim Nashville. They CANT score goals and they have A LOT of Nhl ready defenceman.

SnapVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:21 PM
MooseOllini
BobBarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
I'd aim Nashville. They CANT score goals and they have A LOT of Nhl ready defenceman.
That

+ we already have a trade history with them recently

MooseOllini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post

Bergevin wouldn't swap Gallagher or COllberg for Desprès when he brings the exact same thing Beaulieu and Subban are already bringing to the club.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
K so how about

Gorges
Pleks
1st
No, I'm not giving up Pleks for Bogo and I'd keep my 1st pick too.

Old
10-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapVirus View Post
Most of their good D are already in the NHL. Plus with Josi's injury, I'm not sure htey are thati nterested in shredding depth.

Old
10-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Et le But

Trading for Bogosian really wouldn't be efficient right now. He'd be very nice, of course, but he's still a flawed player, but someone the Jets are interested in building around, and I'm not convinced he's worth ripping ourselves off for. Bogosian can be pretty awful at times.

If we were trading for value with the Jets it would be for someone like Enstrom, who is definitely not as exciting and would cause this board to riot because of his height, but is a significant upgrade on Diaz.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

It's funny how everyone wants to get rid of gorges. I don't think people know what he brings to a team. He's one of our most reliable defencmen is willing to do anything for a team to get a W. I wouldn't trade gorges for bogosian straight up let alone pleky and a first. Lol bogosian seriously lol

Habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Trading for Bogosian really wouldn't be efficient right now. He'd be very nice, of course, but he's still a flawed player, but someone the Jets are interested in building around, and I'm not convinced he's worth ripping ourselves off for. Bogosian can be pretty awful at times.

If we were trading for value with the Jets it would be for someone like Enstrom, who is definitely not as exciting and would cause this board to riot because of his height, but is a significant upgrade on Diaz.
Overall I agree with what yo uare saying, but ENstrom is probably a top 20 defenseman in the NHL. He is sure something exciting to look up to. I mean he makes Big Buf look good on a nightly basis.

Old
10-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

Enstrom is injury prone.

So, pass.

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Enstrom is injury prone.

So, pass.
If you want to break it down, every NHL players are injury prone because they play a physical sport with real chances to get injured on every shifts.

If someone offers you Sidney Crosby you pass him up because he is injury prone?

Old
10-14-2013, 12:33 PM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 View Post
I'm not againts trading Eller for a no. 2 or 3 right-handed d-man like Bogosian.
So you are ok with:
Pleks
DD
White
??
??

IMHO Bogo is to similar to Subban (the latter being better overall). No need to have another one of him.

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:34 PM
FazChenyuk

We shouldn't be looking for any D but we should develop our young guys. Nygren might also be ready by year end. Our d is just fine..

FazChenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:36 PM
compile

vCash: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
If you want to break it down, every NHL players are injury prone because they play a physical sport with real chances to get injured on every shifts.

Do you know what injury prone means?

compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:38 PM
TT1

i wouldnt mind trading for someone like kevin klein

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:39 PM
malton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
It's funny how everyone wants to get rid of gorges. I don't think people know what he brings to a team. He's one of our most reliable defencmen is willing to do anything for a team to get a W. I wouldn't trade gorges for bogosian straight up let alone pleky and a first. Lol bogosian seriously lol
Bogosian is an upgrade on Gorges in every aspect.

malton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:40 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
Do you know what injury prone means?
http://www.memegeneokerlund.com/medi...ted/3b0exj.jpg

Old
10-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by malton View Post
Bogosian is an upgrade on Gorges in every aspect.
defensively Gorges is better hten Bogo. Maybe eventually Bogo will be a better defensive player, but not right now.

Old
10-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post

Enstrom is another injury prone manlet, but you compare him to the best player in the world. Yeah, right.

So, to answer your question, just for the heck of it, i'll pass Enstrom 'cause injury prone manlet, but i'll take Crosby 'cause best player in the world.

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:45 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Enstrom is another injury prone manlet, but you compare him to the best player in the world. Yeah, right.

So, to answer your question, just for the heck of it, i'll pass Enstrom 'cause injury prone manlet, but i'll take Crosby 'cause best player in the world.
No I compared 2 injury prone players. Nuance.

Crosby is still an injury prone manlet. His next concussion could be the end of his career.

Old
10-14-2013, 12:46 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
I think you are over-valuing him.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote