HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marc Bergevin looking for a defensemen since ...

Old
10-14-2013, 12:49 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malton View Post
Bogosian is an upgrade on Gorges in every aspect.
Really have you ever watched bogosian play defence I think not, cuz if you did you would not give up gorges for him. Why do all you people have such a hard on for bogosian is cuz he's big? Because he isn't all that good. If u think otherwise than I don't know what to tell you, but I do not want him on my team and wouldn't give up to many players for bogosian, only DD and Diaz maybe bouillon that's it . he is looked at as a bust. I do not want to get into this big argument all I'm saying is that you guys undervalue gorges. Bogo might bring more offensive upside but we'd be losing a key defensive player, and a leader doesn't make sense.

Habs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:51 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
Really have you ever watched bogosian play defence I think not, cuz if you did you would not give up gorges for him. Why do all you people have such a hard on for bogosian is cuz he's big? Because he isn't all that good. If u think otherwise than I don't know what to tell you, but I do not want him on my team and wouldn't give up to many players for bogosian, only DD and Diaz maybe bouillon that's it . he is looked at as a bust. I do not want to get into this big argument all I'm saying is that you guys undervalue gorges.
It's because bogosian is toung and has a pedigree in junior hockey. People tend to be irrational about these kind of players.

Issacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:51 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Wait.... you're willing to trade away a player who is starting to fit the mould of EXACTLY what we've been looking for for over a decade for something we already have developing in our system... I hope your name isn't Marc Bergevin
Never said I was willing to trade Eller straight up for Bogosian. Sigh. I meant that I was OK with trading Eller for a no. 2 d-man. Bogosian is only a name. Of course I'm not Bergevin, but I was pointing out things that I would be interested to see from him.

I don't want us getting destroyed in the playoffs once again.

Last edited by FrontierPsyCHiatrist*: 10-14-2013 at 01:05 PM.
FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:53 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Really have you ever watched bogosian play defence I think not, cuz if you did you would not give up gorges for him. Why do all you people have such a hard on for bogosian is cuz he's big? Because he isn't all that good. If u think otherwise than I don't know what to tell you, but I do not want him on my team and wouldn't give up to many players for bogosian, only DD and Diaz maybe bouillon that's it . he is looked at as a bust. I do not want to get into this big argument all I'm saying is that you guys undervalue gorges.
You need to watch more hockey if you think Bogosian is bad defensively and considered a bust.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:58 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Really have you ever watched bogosian play defence I think not, cuz if you did you would not give up gorges for him. Why do all you people have such a hard on for bogosian is cuz he's big? Because he isn't all that good. If u think otherwise than I don't know what to tell you, but I do not want him on my team and wouldn't give up to many players for bogosian, only DD and Diaz maybe bouillon that's it . he is looked at as a bust. I do not want to get into this big argument all I'm saying is that you guys undervalue gorges. Bogo might bring more offensive upside but we'd be losing a key defensive player, and a leader doesn't make sense.
Bogosian is a good 2nd pairing defenceman with size, skating and used properly (not expected to carry a team) could help solidify our defence. As you say not worth Gallagher or Eller or any core player.

S Bah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 12:59 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by compile View Post
So you are ok with:
Pleks
DD
White
??
??

IMHO Bogo is to similar to Subban (the latter being better overall). No need to have another one of him.
Pleckanec
Galchenyuk
Briere
White

Old
10-14-2013, 01:02 PM
FF de Mars

Bogosian isn't exactly the poster child for hockey sense. I wouldn't pay what will be asked for. The guy has all the tools but no IQ, that's what I've been reading on the Trade Rumors board. I haven't seen him play that much so it's not first hand knowledge, but that's the reputation Bogosian gets. We're kind of screwed, nobody will trade us a good Dman without asking for the bank.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
You need to watch more hockey if you think Bogosian is bad defensively and considered a bust.
He didn't say Bogosian is a bust. Also, Bogosian is not bad defensively, he just needs more experience.

Old
10-14-2013, 01:06 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Hey Marc, call me! 1-800-GET-PHIL

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 01:09 PM
malton

Quote:
Bogosian is a good skater, has solid offensive awareness, makes a good first pass, clears the front of the net and has a physical presence.

Leadership is overrated. What has Gorges done to warrant his title as a leader? Is it because he is good with the media? Or is it because the coach picked him to room with Gallagher?

The fact of the matter is Gorges is a serviceable defenseman, a number 5/6 on a solid team. He blocks shots and is a decent penalty killer.

You do not keep the "soldier" type players over players with high end potential and the tools to be a 1/2.

I would not trade the packages being thrown around here for Bogosian, but to say you wouldn't trade Gorges for Bogosian straight up is nonsensical.

malton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Andy

What the habs need will cost. We're not talking about a bottom pairing D man here, the habs need a top 4 d-man who can eat minutes. Based on what we've seen over the years of top 4 d-men being traded, it will cost minimum a 2nd round pick. Even d-men who lost the ability to play top 4, but were still holding on to their reputation garnered a 2nd round pick.

Bergevin has to be prepared to pay.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
I think you are over-valuing him.
No I'm not I can appreciate all the little things someone does for a team that a lot players are not willing to do.

Old
10-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Bogosian is a good skater, has solid offensive awareness, makes a good first pass, clears the front of the net and has a physical presence.

Leadership is overrated. What has Gorges done to warrant his title as a leader? Is it because he is good with the media? Or is it because the coach picked him to room with Gallagher?

The fact of the matter is Gorges is a serviceable defenseman, a number 5/6 on a solid team. He blocks shots and is a decent penalty killer.

You do not keep the "soldier" type players over players with high end potential and the tools to be a 1/2.

I would not trade the packages being thrown around here for Bogosian, but to say you wouldn't trade Gorges for Bogosian straight up is nonsensical.
You don't win cups without soldiers.

Old
10-14-2013, 01:16 PM
LLoyd Christmas I

vCash: 134
Time to suit up again, Daigneault

But seriously, what western conference teams have more than enough depth on D? Search for those teams and we'll look at the options available to us.

LLoyd Christmas I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Issacar

Quote:

While that's true, Bogosian would also compete with Subban for ice time, do you want one of them or potably both to be unhappy?

Leadership is overrated? How do you know? Because you didn't saw him enough on 24CH this weekend? Are you in the locker room? do you travel along with the team? Did you asked the players if Gorges is there for them or not? Gorges is always the first guy to come up to the defense of a teammate when on the ice.

Gorges also proved that he could play against the best players while playing 25 minutes and being injured. THat's leadership to me.

I'd rather keep the solider type of player over any bona fida no matter how good they are (I'm not saying Bogosian is a bona fida here).

If I want to have a good playoff run, I wouldn't straight up trade Gorges for Bogosian either. That is nonsensical.

Old
10-14-2013, 01:18 PM
malton

Quote:
Agreed, but you also don't win them without skill, and skill is a lot harder to attain.

malton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Agreed, but you also don't win them without skill, and skill is a lot harder to attain.
Because the Habs doN,t have skilled defensemen in their line up? Or coming up?

Old
10-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Don't need anybody right now guys your starting to fall into that mentality of giving prospects and picks to go get a player for immediate success when we have 2 guys on the fringe of cracking the lineup on daily basis on defense being tinordi and beaulieu. Need to be patient and stop looking for being a mediocre playoff team instead of growing our own talent and when we're missing one piece to put us over the top then pull the trigger to make us a cup contender.

Old
10-14-2013, 01:22 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Why would the Jets trade Bogo for Jorge ? It's never gonna happen.

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 01:29 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Just for fun

We could do what Ottawa did with the Ryan trade, but for a top 2 d-man.

We have enough offensive depth to trade away a guy in our top 9 with high value (Pleckanec-Gallagher-Eller) and picks/prospects and with finally a top 2 d-man, we would be ready to make the playoffs.

Trade proposal:

(Eller or Pleckanec) + Diaz + 1st round pick

vs

Mike Green or Dustin Byfuglien + 3rd round pick

You can't really go wrong with a no. 2 d-man who play +25 minutes per game.
Yes I'm not a GM in the NHL, yes this isn't NHL 14, but if Ottawa did the same thing to fix a major whole in their line-up, why can't we do the same thing?

This is just for fun, I'm definately not the kind of guy who's always looking for crazy trades.

Whataya guys think?

Old
10-14-2013, 01:29 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
Why would the Jets trade Bogo for Jorge ? It's never gonna happen.
I don't want bogosian anyway

Old
10-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
I don't want bogosian anyway
Why because he'd be too much of a good fit?

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 01:32 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
They need a Brad Stuart type.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
Why because he'd be too much of a good fit?
No because he'd have too high of an asking price and the talent doesn't Match the talent we would have to give up.

Old
10-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Issacar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 View Post
We could do what Ottawa did with the Ryan trade, but for a top 2 d-man.

We have enough offensive depth to trade away a guy in our top 9 with high value (Pleckanec-Gallagher-Eller) and picks/prospects and with finally a top 2 d-man, we would be ready to make the playoffs.

Trade proposal:

(Eller or Pleckanec) + Diaz + 1st round pick

vs

Mike Green or Dustin Byfuglien + 3rd round pick

You can't really go wrong with a no. 2 d-man who play +25 minutes per game.
Yes I'm not a GM in the NHL, yes this isn't NHL 14, but if Ottawa did the same thing to fix a major whole in their line-up, why can't we do the same thing?

This is just for fun, I'm definately not the kind of guy who's always looking for crazy trades.

Whataya guys think?
Mike Green? Dustin Byfuglien? Are you for real?

I would offer Ryan White for Mike Green and hang up before George McPhee has time to answer. Would be the best prank call ever.

Also Ottawa got fleeced in that Ryan deal. I hope we don't get fleeced in a similar deal.