HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Staple tweets, Moulson on the third line in practice

Old
10-14-2013, 02:13 PM
KarlssonnSchultz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
Seriously you need to watch Isles games if you think he's a very good player. The guy is so useless it's crazy. Moulson can't carry the puck up the ice, doesn't win puck battles along the boards, is a defensive liability, can't cycle the puck. I NEVER saw him get past a defenseman with a move or using speed to get by them. What first line player can't get by a dman? He stays in front of the net, not moving his feet and doesn't get open. When Okposo/Tavares has the puck along the boards he doesn't give them support at all.

The thing he is useful at is putting the puck in the net and is good on the PP. He has 1 goal this year, and last year he had 1 ES goal in a 30 game stretch.
You guys all need to calm down . All I was saying is that every argument for Tavares has "He has Moulson as a linemate", and if he's getting demoted/maybe eventually traded then I think it will be interesting to see what Isles fans think of it/would want for him.

KarlssonnSchultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 02:16 PM
KarlssonnSchultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
..kind of like when people(like yourself, I'm sure) pump Moulson up to help their "Tavares is overrated" argument, only to turn around and offer up a 3rd or some mediocre prospect for him in trade proposals.

It goes both ways.
Jesus Christ "like yourself". 1. I don't think I've ever really talked about Moulson in a post ever. 2. This is probably the first time you've ever seen one of my posts.

I DON'T THINK MOULSON IS A GOOD PLAYER. I was just interested in seeing how Isles fans react to this. So far you've all stayed true, good on you. You guys don't need to get so butt hurt all the time, lighten up a little.

KarlssonnSchultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 02:20 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlssonnSchultz View Post
You guys all need to calm down . All I was saying is that every argument for Tavares has "He has Moulson as a linemate", and if he's getting demoted/maybe eventually traded then I think it will be interesting to see what Isles fans think of it/would want for him.
I hope we'd get a solid #4 defenseman. One with a physical edge to his game.Too bad Klesha has had that concussion.

Pred fans and Isle fans discussed the Preds search for scoring, but they keep pushing Ellis. The isles don't need another small pmd.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Grimes

Quote:
hope we'd get a solid #4 defenseman. One with a physical edge to his game.Too bad Klesha has had that concussion.
Klesla is playing again and has looked good. He sat yesterday but that may have been to ease him back in.

What would get this done? Straight Klesla for Moulson or would PHX add?

Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 02:31 PM
blinkman360
CdH for Norris

Quote:
Jesus Christ "like yourself". 1. I don't think I've ever really talked about Moulson in a post ever. 2. This is probably the first time you've ever seen one of my posts.

I DON'T THINK MOULSON IS A GOOD PLAYER. I was just interested in seeing how Isles fans react to this. So far you've all stayed true, good on you. You guys don't need to get so butt hurt all the time, lighten up a little.
Don't talk about my butt bro. My butt gets very hurt over this stuff. You came in hot so we came back at you hot. I had to relieve the pain in my butt. Apologies if it made your butt hurt as a result. Maybe use a cushion if you're sitting, otherwise try to walk it off. There are also certain exercises that help.

blinkman360 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 02:39 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
Klesla is playing again and has looked good. He sat yesterday but that may have been to ease him back in.

Could Phoenix take Carkner and his $1.5m salary as a salary dump?

Moulson+ Carkner for Klesha+ 3rd?

Old
10-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Grimes

Quote:
Could Phoenix take Carkner and his $1.5m salary as a salary dump?
Nope, got too many men on the blueline even with Klesla movin and couldn't take on the additional salary.

Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 02:45 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Moulson hasn't shown much yet this season, but the difference is the emergence of Grabs and Bails making it much easier to bump Moulson down if he's not producing.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 02:47 PM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

Quote:
Seriously you need to watch Isles games if you think he's a very good player. The guy is so useless it's crazy. Moulson can't carry the puck up the ice, doesn't win puck battles along the boards, is a defensive liability, can't cycle the puck. I NEVER saw him get past a defenseman with a move or using speed to get by them. What first line player can't get by a dman? He stays in front of the net, not moving his feet and doesn't get open. When Okposo/Tavares has the puck along the boards he doesn't give them support at all.

The thing he is useful at is putting the puck in the net and is good on the PP. He has 1 goal this year, and last year he had 1 ES goal in a 30 game stretch.
Aw... similar to Dupuis and Kunitz. Extremely effective as a complimentary player, but should never be counted on make a difference on his own.

TheRollingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 02:47 PM
NEWFowler
hi

How about a deal around Luca Sbisa for Moulson?

NEWFowler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 02:49 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Sorry, some people on here claim Moulson makes Tavares better, which I find hilarious. I thought you were one of them. It gets annoying because they look at the points and say wow Moulson only had 3 less points than Tavares, he's so underrated. I watch every single Isles game, I think I know more about my team then a fan who doesn't watch them.

This thread isn't even about Tavares though, Moulson just isn't very good.

Last edited by 19NYSports91: 10-14-2013 at 02:56 PM.
19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post

I can't speak for Isles management, but if I could put on my hat as a Snow substitute, I'd say no way. I see Klesla as a bottom pairing guy who isn't much of an upgrade over what the Isles already have and who is fairly injury prone. And, I certainly don't see a substitute of a 30 goal winger for Klesla to be fair.

10-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
How about a deal around Luca Sbisa for Moulson?
Done. Fire up the fax.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Newfy IceCapd

Quote:

Give you a hint, wears 4 on the oilers

Newfy IceCapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 03:03 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I can't speak for Isles management, but if I could put on my hat as a Snow substitute, I'd say no way. I see Klesla as a bottom pairing guy who isn't much of an upgrade over what the Isles already have. And, I certainly don't see a substitute of a 30 goal winger for Klesla to be fair.
Agreed, that player HAS to take Hickey's place imo.

Old
10-14-2013, 03:04 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Done. Fire up the fax.
He has the same agent as Nino lol.

Old
10-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Moulson has multiple 30 goal seasons in a row. I think Islander fans are way to quick to dismiss that productivity.

Old
10-14-2013, 03:08 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I can't speak for Isles management, but if I could put on my hat as a Snow substitute, I'd say no way. I see Klesla as a bottom pairing guy who isn't much of an upgrade over what the Isles already have and who is fairly injury prone. And, I certainly don't see a substitute of a 30 goal winger for Klesla to be fair.
And Sbisa who looks to have all the tools but no toolbox, is a good return?

Old
10-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
And Sbisa who looks to have all the tools but no toolbox, is a good return?

The Isles have done a good job of opening toolboxes in the past!

Old
10-14-2013, 03:14 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:
Sbisa still has potential to be a very good defenseman. He's a great skater, has good size, is physical and is still only 23. He's just getting outplayed by a couple of rookies over in Anaheim.. Someone's gotta go, eventually.

NEWFowler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 03:16 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Moulson has multiple 30 goal seasons in a row. I think Islander fans are way to quick to dismiss that productivity.
I don't care, that's the past. He's getting so much ice time for being invisible out there. He doesn't make ANYONE better by playing with him.

Old
10-14-2013, 03:17 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
I am waiting for Strait and Hickey to start playing more consistently.

I would rather get a solid vet, then anothet inconsistent kid for that #4 role.

Old
10-14-2013, 03:21 PM
StrongIslanders90

With other forwards skill developing and games evolving(Bailey and Grabner) Moulson is getting pushed down the depth chart...

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-14-2013, 03:24 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
Sbisa still has potential to be a very good defenseman. He's a great skater, has good size, is physical and is still only 23. He's just getting outplayed by a couple of rookies over in Anaheim.. Someone's gotta go, eventually.
Sbisa struggled last yr , ending up on the 3rd pairing.

His agent is Nino's agent. In a Nino article, the agent mentioned Sbisa, saying when he was demoted to the AHL the agent considered raising a fuss, but instead waited because he expected the head coach to be fired.

I can't see Snow intentionally getting one of this guy's clients and having to deal with the headache.

Old
10-14-2013, 03:25 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I am waiting for Strait and Hickey to start playing more consistently.

I would rather get a solid vet, then anothet inconsistent kid for that #4 role.
Agreed, we need a legit top 4 dman, not someone who can be a top 4 dman with some time. We have plenty of those guys in the system imo.