HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Thread XX

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2013, 04:03 PM
dave babych returns

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14s incisor View Post
I don't think it's apt.

There might be a few off topic posts on this page, but you really only have to go back two to three pages to find stats summaries of pretty much all of the main prospects.

If the poster is too lazy to do that, that's his/her own problem.

The updates have been quite good, IMO, and much appreciated.
I don't think it's about ingratitude towards the on topic posting so much as it is about frustration towards the off topic posting.

Edit: but anyway I won't get further into it as this is now it's own tangent.. I just though it funny that posters were answering what looked to me like a rhetorical question.

Old
10-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
@TysonGiuriato: #Canucks prospect Evan McEneny scored the OT-winner and assisted on the game-tying goal in the @OHLRangers 3-2 win over London today.

Old
10-14-2013, 04:39 PM
jigsaw99

no pts for Hovart. #Bust #shouldofdraftedkopitar

Old
10-14-2013, 06:03 PM
NuxFan09

The Knights are going to be scary if they get both Maata and Zadorov back, although that wouldn't necessarily bode well for Liberti.

Speaking of Liberati, here's a bit on him I got from a Knights fan:

Miles has improved leaps and bounds over last year. Much better in his own end and blocking ton of shots. Moves the puck just needs to learn when to pass the puck and skate it out of his own end. He likes to skate it out but to often it's being turned over. He's also gotten stronger which was one of his biggest issues.

He should be getting PP time but isn't. I'm not a big fan of Hunter(coach) and how he handles players. Miles can run a PP effectively. He may surprise Nucks fans in 4 or 5 years.

Old
10-14-2013, 06:10 PM
Bieksa#3

Anyone watch bo play?

Old
10-14-2013, 08:18 PM
timw33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksa#3 View Post
Anyone watch bo play?
You mean Boo Horvat right? No points today, therefore bust—not worth watching.

Old
10-14-2013, 08:41 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
Am I the only person who read this as an apt (if slightly misphrased) rhetorical question?
If only because of my now-ingrained sarcasm detector, then hell yes.

Old
10-15-2013, 01:15 AM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksa#3 View Post
Anyone watch bo play?
Are we allowed to discuss this? I read somewhere this forum is only for prospect stat updates.

-----------

If we are talking about a Canuck prospect that played the best today, it would be McEneny, not Horvat. The Knights look a bit tired.

McEneny is on the first PP unit, only D on the unit, so he is getting prime opportunity this year. Defensively McEneny was solid. In the first, he made a pinch and unfortunately, the play went the other way, but he backchecked fast enough for the takeway and clear. He had 3 shots in the first alone, its nice to see him being more aggressive offensively. In the 2nd, he had 1 shot, hip check on Marner, draws a tripping penalty from Horvat, intercepted a pass on the PK. In the 3rd, McEneny pretty much played the first 3 minutes without a change, his -1 was due to Tierney slipping past both him and his partner for breakaway all alone, looked like McEneny was going for a change. Had a good shot on the PP, set up a great passing play by jumping up in the rush. Made a huge keep in at the point with minutes left on the PP, made some good puck movement for his assist on the game tying goal. He pretty much played the last 5 minutes of the 3rd as they did have the man advantage. PP carries over to OT: Just a nice low shot from the point for the game winner. Deserving as he was a catalyst at both ends of the ice for the Rangers.

Horvat is still lined up with the Ruperts in the first, McCarron replaced Matt Rupert in the 2nd; Hunter is using him as he has been this season, the first unit on the PP and PK. He looked good as well. In the first, he had a nice hit on Hora and set up Ryan Rupert nicely for a shot. Quiet game.

Liberati needs to make simpler decisions. Saw a careless drop pass leading to a turnover.

I don't see the appeal of McCarron in the games i've watched. A resounding Meh. Also didn't like when he mugged a player and started throwing punches when the guy was on his back with his gloves on still.

Last edited by thefeebster: 10-15-2013 at 01:25 AM.
Old
10-15-2013, 01:47 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't see the appeal of McCarron in the games i've watched. A resounding Meh. Also didn't like when he mugged a player and started throwing punches when the guy was on his back with his gloves on still.
I've been reading about similar things from Knights fans, although I haven't seen him myself

Old
10-15-2013, 02:32 AM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Originally Posted by galiano View Post
Where can I go to get current stats of our prospects ? This forum doesn't seem to be the place.
http://forum.canucks.com/topic/35138...oints-tracker/

Just, whatever you do, don't click on the main forum.

Old
10-15-2013, 02:54 AM
Scouter

vCash: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lph View Post
I've been reading about similar things from Knights fans, although I haven't seen him myself
He didn't even make RLR's top 50, he was their 5th most overrated player in the draft.

Old
10-16-2013, 12:47 AM
NuxFan09

Rodin had no points, 2 shots on net and finished -1 for Brynas in a 3-2 loss to Frolunda today.

Old
10-16-2013, 08:33 AM
billvanseattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
http://forum.canucks.com/topic/35138...oints-tracker/

Just, whatever you do, don't click on the main forum.
Thanks, now I now where I can get quick stats. Fantastic.

Old
10-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Tiranis

Might've missed the reports on LaBate. Appears he's playing LW this season and has 2 points (1G, 1A) through first 2 games, 6 shots and +2. Playing BC and BU this Friday and Saturday.

Old
10-17-2013, 12:30 AM
Momesso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Might've missed the reports on LaBate. Appears he's playing LW this season and has 2 points (1G, 1A) through first 2 games, 6 shots and +2. Playing BC and BU this Friday and Saturday.
This Labate kid looks to be on a decent trajectory.

Old
10-17-2013, 01:32 AM
NuxFan09

Quote:
In the first game he played LW on the 2nd line and in the second game he played on the 1st line with Zengerle and Mersch.

Old
10-17-2013, 02:52 AM
Jefe88

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Are we allowed to discuss this? I read somewhere this forum is only for prospect stat updates.

-----------

If we are talking about a Canuck prospect that played the best today, it would be McEneny, not Horvat. The Knights look a bit tired.

McEneny is on the first PP unit, only D on the unit, so he is getting prime opportunity this year. Defensively McEneny was solid. In the first, he made a pinch and unfortunately, the play went the other way, but he backchecked fast enough for the takeway and clear. He had 3 shots in the first alone, its nice to see him being more aggressive offensively. In the 2nd, he had 1 shot, hip check on Marner, draws a tripping penalty from Horvat, intercepted a pass on the PK. In the 3rd, McEneny pretty much played the first 3 minutes without a change, his -1 was due to Tierney slipping past both him and his partner for breakaway all alone, looked like McEneny was going for a change. Had a good shot on the PP, set up a great passing play by jumping up in the rush. Made a huge keep in at the point with minutes left on the PP, made some good puck movement for his assist on the game tying goal. He pretty much played the last 5 minutes of the 3rd as they did have the man advantage. PP carries over to OT: Just a nice low shot from the point for the game winner. Deserving as he was a catalyst at both ends of the ice for the Rangers.

Horvat is still lined up with the Ruperts in the first, McCarron replaced Matt Rupert in the 2nd; Hunter is using him as he has been this season, the first unit on the PP and PK. He looked good as well. In the first, he had a nice hit on Hora and set up Ryan Rupert nicely for a shot. Quiet game.

Liberati needs to make simpler decisions. Saw a careless drop pass leading to a turnover.

He'll fit right in on our power play! Nice to see another late pick dmen impressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Rodin had no points, 2 shots on net and finished -1 for Brynas in a 3-2 loss to Frolunda today.
Is he still our property?

Old
10-17-2013, 04:42 AM
Jevo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe88 View Post
Is he still our property?
Yes. He's not on contract. But the canucks still have his rights.

Old
10-17-2013, 09:50 AM
PRNuck

Quote:
I apparently slept through the beginning of the NCAA season. Ben Hutton has an assist through Maine's first two games.

Old
10-17-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Looks like Wisconsin considers LaBate to be a "serious flight risk" to the NHL once this season is over:

"In addition to those players, the Badgers may also need to find replacements for NHL draft picks Nic Kerdiles (Anaheim Ducks) and Joseph LaBate (Vancouver Canucks), who are both serious flight risks to sign NHL contracts after the 2013-14 campaign."

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisc...ing-class-2014

When drafted, LaBate made it very clear that his goal was the NHL, and he said in a video interview that it would take him "two, maybe three years." Looks like three and free. He'll likely be in Utica or the Zoo next season, and could in theory turn pro late this season once the Badgers are finished.

Old
10-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Bankerguy

vCash: 633
Cole Cassels of the Oshawa Gernerals plays against Bo Horvat of the London knights.

Cassels 3rd round pick has 10 points in 10 games including 6 goals,
Horvat has 9 points in 6 games. Both are being leaned on more than ever to produce.

Should be a good one!

Old
10-17-2013, 05:22 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 View Post
Looks like Wisconsin considers LaBate to be a "serious flight risk" to the NHL once this season is over:

"In addition to those players, the Badgers may also need to find replacements for NHL draft picks Nic Kerdiles (Anaheim Ducks) and Joseph LaBate (Vancouver Canucks), who are both serious flight risks to sign NHL contracts after the 2013-14 campaign."

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wisc...ing-class-2014

When drafted, LaBate made it very clear that his goal was the NHL, and he said in a video interview that it would take him "two, maybe three years." Looks like three and free. He'll likely be in Utica or the Zoo next season, and could in theory turn pro late this season once the Badgers are finished.

Old
10-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
Ive been pretty high on Labate since we drafted him.. Very good news!

Old
10-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡° ᴥ͡°)

vCash: 50
I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Sportsnet will being doing a 24/7-esque series following the London Knights (Bo Horvat) to the Memorial Cup this year, and the first episode is this Sunday at 6pm on Sportsnet 360.

Channel info for sportsnet 360: http://www.sportsnet.ca/sportsnet-360/

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
10-18-2013, 06:38 PM
NuxFan09

Rodin had no points, 6 shots on goal and finished +1 on the night for Brynas in a 3-2 loss to MODO yesterday. He was also credited with 3 hits!

Closed Thread