HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Around the NHL II - 11/8: Oilers Go Insane.

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
All things considered, I would trade anyone but McDonagh straight up for Yakupov.
I think Stepan has higher value than Yakupov and you could subsequently get more from EDM than just Nail. But beyond that of course. MDZ+ for Yakupov is something I have wanted for some time.

Old
10-14-2013, 07:43 PM
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle

vCash: 500
Pierre: "Canada is tremendously deep in goal"

made me giggle.

Old
10-14-2013, 08:13 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I think Stepan has higher value than Yakupov and you could subsequently get more from EDM than just Nail. But beyond that of course. MDZ+ for Yakupov is something I have wanted for some time.
I would make this trade 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 (10 dillion) times.

10-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle

Yakupov scratched again? Why? Has he been that bad?

Old
10-14-2013, 09:19 PM
Pastafazul*

crafty play....

just watching minn vs sabres.... minn has 2 on 1, heatley with puck about to let loose on goalie,
just as he's winding up sabres player sticks his stick into back of leg of heatley causing him to speed up , he loses puck and falls to ice head into goalie, was a penalty called?

Old
10-14-2013, 09:36 PM
Swedish Fish
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastafazul View Post
just watching minn vs sabres.... minn has 2 on 1, heatley with puck about to let loose on goalie,
just as he's winding up sabres player sticks his stick into back of leg of heatley causing him to speed up , he loses puck and falls to ice head into goalie, was a penalty called?
Nope

Old
10-14-2013, 09:57 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Zemgus pulled off a vet move... no call though.

Old
10-14-2013, 10:09 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
I would make this trade 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 (10 dillion) times.
I think almost everyone would. Too bad Edmonton wouldn't.

10-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
I think almost everyone would. Too bad Edmonton wouldn't.
Edmonton (their fans at least) have this incredible overrating of their players, especially the #1 picks. They have good reason I suppose but most of them (specifically RNH) haven't done jack-**** in the NHL. Edmonton needs defense and a goalie, and when they've won ONE game (in a shootout no less), they are in absolutely no position to be choosers. They don't get to have their cake and eat it, one of their high octane forwards (most likely Yak) has to be moved for help, or they'll just have another garbage season and pick up another lottery pick. Edmonton seriously might have the worst head office in the NHL. I'd trade Girardi/Del Zotto and a second for Yakupov and that's a more than fair deal.

Old
10-14-2013, 11:30 PM
Bullseyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Edmonton (their fans at least) have this incredible overrating of their players, especially the #1 picks. They have good reason I suppose but most of them (specifically RNH) haven't done jack-**** in the NHL. Edmonton needs defense and a goalie, and when they've won ONE game (in a shootout no less), they are in absolutely no position to be choosers. They don't get to have their cake and eat it, one of their high octane forwards (most likely Yak) has to be moved for help, or they'll just have another garbage season and pick up another lottery pick. Edmonton seriously might have the worst head office in the NHL. I'd trade Girardi/Del Zotto and a second for Yakupov and that's a more than fair deal.
I know that's not more than a fair deal because I'd do it without a second thought.

MDZ and a 2nd for Yakupov? That's going to fix their defense? Michael Del Zotto? Or even Girardi? Especially with Girardi's contract situation.

Should they trade Yakupov? I don't know, maybe. But they could surely get a better deal than Girardi + 2nd rounder or MDZ + 2nd rounder. They are absolutely in a position to be choosers because there'd be a bunch of teams lined up to trade for Yakupov if he hit the market. Or any other one of their 1st overall picks.

Last edited by Bullseyes: 10-14-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old
10-14-2013, 11:45 PM
Raspewtin
Kreidizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseyes View Post
I know that's not more than a fair deal because I'd do it without a second thought.

MDZ and a 2nd for Yakupov? That's going to fix their defense? Michael Del Zotto? Or even Girardi? Especially with Girardi's contract situation.

Should they trade Yakupov? I don't know, maybe. But they could surely get a better deal than Girardi + 2nd rounder or MDZ + 2nd rounder. They are absolutely in a position to be choosers because there'd be a bunch of teams lined up to trade for Yakupov if he hit the market. Or any other one of their 1st overall picks.
You have a point that teams would lineup around the block for them. But what constitutes as a "fair deal" for players that really haven't proven anything? I mean, how much value could one realistically get for a player that has been scratched twice in a row on a team that can't win games? Also maybe the Russian factor would play with Nail Yakupov (I doubt it but it's still a possibility). Girardi/DZ would give them a d-man that can munch 20-25 minutes a game, especially Girardi, which is absolutely essential for that team to win games. Justin Schultz is great at what he does, but he's not a great defenseman, seems to be a liability every time he's on the ice. Andrew Ference and Jeff Petry are their best defensemen, Del Zotto is better than both, just for example. Having a go-to #1 guy would improve EDM very much. Defensemen have more value to a team desperate for it, just as a team desperate for good forwards put more stock in other forwards.

Old
10-15-2013, 12:27 AM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Lundqvist for Yakupov, Klefbom, and a conditional 1st

Do it Edmonton

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
10-15-2013, 05:42 AM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post

Do it Edmonton
Then we can tank. Play bad for Ekbad!

Old
10-15-2013, 06:15 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

MacTavish and Lowe need to hand out some more 6 and 7 year extensions. Sometimes you need to add pressure on the player to perform. Not saying that McDonagh has gotten fat and lazy but he got 6 years and $28.2M. Maybe he just relaxed a little bit. He is an excellent player and he'll get his game back together. Edmonton has so many players like McDonagh who are young guys and have gotten paid.

Old
10-15-2013, 06:33 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Minnesota is a very good team. Brodin is a great player. Dumba is an emerging player. Right-handed shooting D. The Rangers need a player like him. Its hard to focus on one game when there are many games on one night because you flip around. Not that many games last night. Watched Minnesota-Buffalo last night. Suter,Brodin and Dumba on D. Parise,Koivu,Pominville up front. Granlund and Nino. Coyle is hurt but he is a really good player. Heatley is in the last season of his contract. They have space to sign Vanek in the summer. He went to Minnesota. His wife is from there. They spend their summers in Minnesota. His best friend is Pominville who signed an extension. Fletcher has done very good job with that team. He regrets trading Leddy in a deal for Barker. He wasn't paying Burns so he traded him. Setoguchi was traded to Winnipeg. Coyle will be enough to make that a good deal for Minnesota. Fletcher needed to clear money so he traded Setoguchi. They couldn't amnesty Heatley because of an injury. Clutterbuck for Nino. They couldn't afford Clutterbuck. Nino benefitted from playing in the AHL for the entire 12-13 season. There was also an issue with the Islanders front office. Nino needed to play after barely playing. Some of the Rangers young guys could benefit from spending the season in the AHL rather than get called up and play in a limited role. Fletcher was with Florida,Anaheim and Pittsburgh before becoming the Wild GM replacing Doug Risebrough who left that team in a bad spot. Of course,Slats put his buddy Riser on the Rangers payroll. That's what friends are for.

Old
10-15-2013, 06:51 AM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Minnesota is a very good team that's on the upswing. Starting next year they'll be contending with the likes of LA, St. Louis, and Chicago for top dog in the conference. They're not ready yet this season. Brodin and Suter are two great defensemen. Spurgeon is good but can't hold a pairing by himself. Dumba will be a nice player but isn't ready to take that next step. Can they rely on Josh Harding to be their starting goalie going forward? They traded Hackett to Buffalo for Pominville. Vanek may want to come to Minnesota, but I think they'd be better served spending that money on another Sabre. Ryan Miller.

Old
10-15-2013, 06:56 AM
savebyrichter420

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Minnesota is a very good team. Brodin is a great player. Dumba is an emerging player. Right-handed shooting D. The Rangers need a player like him. Its hard to focus on one game when there are many games on one night because you flip around. Not that many games last night. Watched Minnesota-Buffalo last night. Suter,Brodin and Dumba on D. Parise,Koivu,Pominville up front. Granlund and Nino. Coyle is hurt but he is a really good player. Heatley is in the last season of his contract. They have space to sign Vanek in the summer. He went to Minnesota. His wife is from there. They spend their summers in Minnesota. His best friend is Pominville who signed an extension. Fletcher has done very good job with that team. He regrets trading Leddy in a deal for Barker. He wasn't paying Burns so he traded him. Setoguchi was traded to Winnipeg. Coyle will be enough to make that a good deal for Minnesota. Fletcher needed to clear money so he traded Setoguchi. They couldn't amnesty Heatley because of an injury. Clutterbuck for Nino. They couldn't afford Clutterbuck. Nino benefitted from playing in the AHL for the entire 12-13 season. There was also an issue with the Islanders front office. Nino needed to play after barely playing. Some of the Rangers young guys could benefit from spending the season in the AHL rather than get called up and play in a limited role. Fletcher was with Florida,Anaheim and Pittsburgh before becoming the Wild GM replacing Doug Risebrough who left that team in a bad spot. Of course,Slats put his buddy Riser on the Rangers payroll. That's what friends are for.
Yep, yet another case of teams with less resources than us making better moves. It seems like every time a team jettisons a member of the Glen Sather good ole' boys club he swoops in to scoop them up. What makes this worse is that most of the time we seem to take steps back where as the other team seems to take them forward.

Is this a 21st century hockey team? When the majority of the higher ups haven't accomplished anything since the previous century the answer appears to be no. Time for these guys to get lost, take all the money you've earned and buy yourselves a lifetime supply of depends and ensure!

Old
10-15-2013, 07:52 AM
NYR Viper

The good teams can sell and buy in the same season. SJ. Minnesota. Look where they are now?

Old
10-15-2013, 08:15 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Hockey Central ‏@SNHockeyCentral 1m
Ducks' Noesen out for season with knee injury http://*******/1enYYUS
Ouch. Played with Miller in Plymouth, from Texas I believe.

Old
10-15-2013, 09:10 AM
OrbitalDynamics
Ants? Solid Plan.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB v2 0 View Post

Do it Edmonton
No no no, Oilers will not trade any of their shiny first round toys for the upgrade in net they so obviously need.

There is an Oiler trade proposal thread that starts with "We need this this this and this, but all these desirable pieces are off limits".

They're probably anticipating another first this year, which they'll promptly use for another offensive player while they ice Dubnyk and LOLbarberra in goal.

Old
10-15-2013, 09:53 AM
Malarowski

vCash: 822
Watch them grab Marty today.

Old
10-15-2013, 09:54 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarowski View Post
Watch them grab Marty today.
Good, I hope they do.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:13 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Ouch. Played with Miller in Plymouth, from Texas I believe.
Got suspended for the WJC last season too.

Not a lucky guy. Surprised he's not a Ranger.

Old
10-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

knew it was the end, but now its over for Pronger..

HOLMGREN: PRONGER “IS NEVER GOING TO PLAY AGAIN

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=434164

Old
10-15-2013, 05:56 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

10 game suspension for Kaleta.

Good riddance.

Closed Thread