HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Preds Talk Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2013, 09:09 AM
WartracePred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
trotz is very sketchy when it comes to injury reports. no surprise here. id bet josi is out till christmas.
True. But Cooper should know by now and report accordingly. Based on other tweets, sounds like Cooper has no idea of the concussion recovery process. He seemed truly suprised that Josi wasn't on ice yesterday.

Old
10-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
True. But Cooper should know by now and report accordingly. Based on other tweets, sounds like Cooper has no idea of the concussion recovery process. He seemed truly suprised that Josi wasn't on ice yesterday.
IMO, Cooper didn't do himself any favors with how he tweeted out the coverage, but he didn't have an update from the team as the team was off Sunday and the pictures from Josi and Stalberg appeared over the weekend from Whole Foods probably sparking many questions about Josi's status from his followers.

Once Josi's injury was labeled a concussion, he was automatically ineligible to return to play for one week. After that the team will monitor his status and once he is symptom free and passes baseline testing they will start to work him back on a gradual basis looking for any symptoms to reoccur. If they do, then Josi has to start from the beginning of the process again and work his way back.

It's a trying process for fans, the team, and especially the player who wants to be out there competing with his teammates, but it cannot be rushed. There is no timeline and no way to speed up recovery from a concussion and everyone and every concussion is different.

Josi is out indefinitely. There is no other way to look at it until he is cleared.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:28 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Lake View Post
If anyone ever wondered what goes on when a player is brought to "The Quiet Room" after a head shot, the sheet attached here is the protocol used by the attending team physicians across the league to standardize testing.

http://www.thinkfirst.ca/downloads/r...s/scat-pg1.pdf
I wonder how they answer "what half is it?"

Old
10-15-2013, 11:12 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
"Purple"

Old
10-15-2013, 05:18 PM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I wonder who out of a healthy Legwand, a healthy Klein and a concussed Josi would score the worst on the 5 digit recall test....

Old
10-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Old
10-15-2013, 10:15 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
If anyone ever wondered what goes on when a player is brought to "The Quiet Room" after a head shot, the sheet attached here is the protocol used by the attending team physicians across the league to standardize testing.

http://www.thinkfirst.ca/downloads/r...s/scat-pg1.pdf
Haven't heard that term "quiet room" in a while, after plays of that magnitude.

Old
10-15-2013, 10:52 PM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor

FYI the CDC's "Heads Up" program http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/headsup/pdf/ACE-a.pdf has a similar sheet. I have used this a couple of times already myself. The CDC has free training programs for coaches and providers.

Old
10-15-2013, 11:41 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
IMO, Cooper didn't do himself any favors with how he tweeted out the coverage, but he didn't have an update from the team as the team was off Sunday and the pictures from Josi and Stalberg appeared over the weekend from Whole Foods probably sparking many questions about Josi's status from his followers.

Once Josi's injury was labeled a concussion, he was automatically ineligible to return to play for one week. After that the team will monitor his status and once he is symptom free and passes baseline testing they will start to work him back on a gradual basis looking for any symptoms to reoccur. If they do, then Josi has to start from the beginning of the process again and work his way back.

It's a trying process for fans, the team, and especially the player who wants to be out there competing with his teammates, but it cannot be rushed. There is no timeline and no way to speed up recovery from a concussion and everyone and every concussion is different.

Josi is out indefinitely. There is no other way to look at it until he is cleared.
This explanation and perspective of Josi's injury is what I expect from a NHL beat writer for a major newspaper. Perhaps he would have a better understanding if he had been around when Lombardi was a part of the organization. Since he was quoting Trotz, maybe he was trying to convey Trotz's attempted subterfuge. Most people who follow the Preds closely know to ignore Trotz's injury prognosis. If it's coming from Cooper, we expect a little more honesty and accuracy.

Old
10-16-2013, 05:09 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
is there anyone here who would trade for Yakupov? Or are we all too anti-Russian since Rads and SK??

Old
10-16-2013, 05:36 PM
AintLifeGrand

I'd do a first in 2014 and Hellberg for Yak

Ok ...so the dude doesn't like to play D.. Didn't Rad have the same sentiments (didn't follow the team when he was around during his first stint in Nashville)? '

If paired with defensively responsible line mates and given protected ES minutes he could complement them greatly. Then we unleash him on the PP and revel in the sea of catfish , bras, and hats raining down from the heavens in what will be known in 10,000 years as The House Of Nail .

Wilson-Fisher-Yak
Stalberg-Cullen -Horndawg
Forsberg-Legwand-Smith
Bourque-Goose-Nystrom
Hendy, Clune

Old
10-16-2013, 06:28 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
is there anyone here who would trade for Yakupov? Or are we all too anti-Russian since Rads and SK??
I would in a heartbeat. But I'm still not happy we didn't bring back AK46 and suspended the Russian duo.

Old
10-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
All depends on the price. Ellis+pick or something? Of course. Josi++? No. We have to get him for an underpayment.

Old
10-16-2013, 07:45 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand View Post
I'd do a first in 2014 and Hellberg for Yak

Ok ...so the dude doesn't like to play D.. Didn't Rad have the same sentiments (didn't follow the team when he was around during his first stint in Nashville)? '
Rads problem wasn't he didn't want to play D, it's that he sucked at it. He'd chase the puck carrier all the way behind the the net, leaving the defenseman at the point uncovered.

Old
10-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Legwand+Ellis(+?) for Yak?

Old
10-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
All depends on the price. Ellis+pick or something? Of course. Josi++? No. We have to get him for an underpayment.
Despite my aversion to trading a defenseman, due to our limited NHL-level depth at the position, I would have to consider Josi for Yakupov. Josi's growing concussion history makes me very nervous, and Jones IS going to be a top pairing guy sooner rather than later, if that time hasn't already passed.

Character concerns about Yak, for sure, though being Russian is down on the list. His ability to fit into a system that expects two-way play would be a far greater concern. If Poile pulled that trigger, though, it would likely indicate both him and Trotz felt it could be overcome.

Old
10-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Legwand+Ellis(+?) for Yak?
Don't see it. Legwand is the type of player they could really use, but they have a dearth of defensive defensemen, and Ellis does nothing to change that. I also have a hard time believing Legwand ever moves from here.

Old
10-16-2013, 08:03 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Don't see it. Legwand is the type of player they could really use, but they have a dearth of defensive defensemen, and Ellis does nothing to change that. I also have a hard time believing Legwand ever moves from here.
Honestly, I'm not sure we re-sign Leggy. I'd hate for him to leave, but we have 7ish true centers on the roster, and the kids need space. I hope he stays, but we'll see.

Old
10-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Honestly, I'm not sure we re-sign Leggy. I'd hate for him to leave, but we have 7ish true centers on the roster, and the kids need space. I hope he stays, but we'll see.
It has seemed like he is getting a lesser role so far this season, though statistics may not bear that out. It may be that Trotz is just trying to get everyone else integrated and see what they're capable of, or it may be the handwriting on the wall. Goose is gradually asserting himself as the defensive and pk center, while Cullen and Fisher are definitely the offensive guys. It will be interesting to see how this continues to play out as the season progresses. I always figured he would end up a lifelong Pred, but...I can definitely see what you're saying.

Old
10-17-2013, 09:22 AM
PFL615

Legwand still clears out the goal full of pucks during warmups

Old
10-17-2013, 01:47 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Legwand still clears out the goal full of pucks during warmups
And that can't be underestimated. Every team needs that guy. Plus he wrote that page in the paper for Belak. That was pretty awesome.

Old
10-17-2013, 03:49 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Leggy will probably have to take a hometown discount if he wants a very long deal. I have no problem signing him for something like 3 yrs 10 mil total or 4 years 11 mil

as a UFA he could probably get 4 or 5 years at 3.5 or so

Old
10-17-2013, 04:27 PM
NoNecksCurse

3 years 10 million for leggy? hell no.... we screwed the pooch in term this past summer. no more

Old
10-18-2013, 10:57 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Does anyone else think Ellis has actually looked fairly decent and might get his value worked up enough where we could trade him for something decent? Or cement his spot with the Preds?

Old
10-18-2013, 12:03 PM
preds1

vCash: 1548
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
Does anyone else think Ellis has actually looked fairly decent and might get his value worked up enough where we could trade him for something decent? Or cement his spot with the Preds?
No glaring complaints from me. Did wiff on the PP last night which created the breakaway but I thought he recovered nicely.
Not sure I like him and Cullen at the point.

The laser from the blueline vs. NYI was pretty.
I think he'll keep getting better and cement his spot on the 3rd pairing.

Closed Thread