HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JT Miller and Cam Talbot recalled

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-15-2013, 10:43 AM
  #26
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
You don't miss an opportunity to smack around Kreider. Calm the **** down. You're upset that your boy Tortorella got fired and some people use Kreider as a reason for the termination.
I don't get upset at things in a vacuum. Thats for suckers.

Are you upset, being Kreider is in your avatar, that hes been given every opportunity to take a prime spot for the last 18 months and hasn't been able to do it? Are you upset that you blamed it on Tortorella and now another coach doesn't see the reason for giving him a roster spot? Could it be that Kreider really didn't need to just be "freed" and he needs time - so hopefully his brain can catch up to his body?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 10:43 AM
  #27
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I guess playing on the 3rd/4th line took away his ability to try or engage on the ice? This is the lamest excuse going around here. Its takes an astonishing lack of understanding to give somebody a pass in that situation. Its also ignoring the multitude of times Kreider was given top 6 spots and did jack-squat with it. Maybe Kreider himself is buying into this philosophy -- where its OK to pout when not put in the perfect situation. It takes a mental-midget to embrace that sort of thing.
It's funny, or not so much, that a large amount of your posts position you as some kind of tactical expert and your counter as an imbecile. Clearly, you're an internet tough guy who never stepped foot any sort of playing field. Cause if you did you would know that (and this applies to pros as well) most players of all sports including hockey are not good at all facets of the game. Therefore, it is up to management to put these players in a position to succeed.

Some players, like Pavel Datsyuk, could probably thrive on the back line if they asked him to. However, CK is not one of those players. Anyone who watched him in college and in the WJs know that he has very specific skills and to succeed he needs to be used a certain way. That's the reality. If the Rangers aren't willing to do that he should be moved to a team that will use him correctly.

And you need to chill. You notice you find yourself in a lot of these skirmashes? That's because you are so quick to dismiss the other person that you lose all credibility right away. And in this particular case, you're are just highlighting extreme ignorance.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 10:44 AM
  #28
savebyrichter420
Registered User
 
savebyrichter420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
They better not put Miller on the wing with that stiff Boyle who hasn't done a ****ing thing since 2010-11 and some people want to give him a pass. That's ridiculous. He ****s up constantly and keeps getting to play. $1.7M for this ****ing guy.
You can thank the GM for that! If he isn't contributing enough to warrant his ice time and contract then ship him out any way possible. Other teams do it, why can't we? I think the reality is that for all his shortcomings he's better than a lot of other options we have which is again the GM's fault.

Hopefully Miller plays well enough that they have no choice but to take ice time from Boyle.

savebyrichter420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 10:46 AM
  #29
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
If he becomes a bust, I'm sending him an invoice for the $200 I spent on his jersey 2 years ago during the playoffs.
If you bought a player's jersey before he played a single regular season game, that MIGHT, just a little bit, be your fault.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 10:53 AM
  #30
PIM
Registered User
 
PIM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 173
vCash: 500
Yeah this was the right move. Kreider clearly isn't NHL ready. His positioning and ability to read situations is abysmal. Hopefully this will improve with a full year on the top line in Hartford. He has all the natural ability to be a top 6 NHL player but he's just not there yet.

Miller might not have Kreider's ceiling, but right now he's a much more complete player, and he has a great compete level that this team is sorely lacking right now. His fundamentals are all solid, he still makes some mistakes but he's way more NHL ready than Kreider right now and I think that should be glaringly obvious.

Some players just take longer than others, doesn't mean Kreider will never be good but I think Hartford is where he needs to be right now.

I'm also really stoked to see Talbot get his chance, hopefully we see him start soon. I liked what I saw from him in preseason, it's always nice to see a guy like that get a shot. I'll be rooting for him. If he can play well it's also a good sign for the organization going forward with this being the last year on Hank's contract. Talbot can offer relief that Marty just couldn't because of his age and contract situation.

PIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 10:54 AM
  #31
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,358
vCash: 476
I hope they decide to let Miller stay up. He needs to stop being sent back and forth constantly. I'd rather him up here but on lines that don't suck (however we can't have it any other way right now)

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 10:56 AM
  #32
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,607
vCash: 500
Glad Talbot is getting his shot. Would have rather kept Miller down with the Pack to get big minutes and keep building his confidence. Though I guess playing on Boyle's wing is just as good.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 10:59 AM
  #33
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Glad Talbot is getting his shot. Would have rather kept Miller down with the Pack to get big minutes and keep building his confidence. Though I guess playing on Boyle's wing is just as good.
I'm wondering why they decided to bring Talbot up now? Do they foresee him getting a game soon? I don't see it...

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:01 AM
  #34
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,358
vCash: 476
Playing with Boyle in the offensive zone is a nightmare. However if JT is with him I think he could learn some good things when playing D. Brian is good there and I think could help him out in those aspects. Problem is, offensively, that's a black hole.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:02 AM
  #35
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
It's funny, or not so much, that a large amount of your posts position you as some kind of tactical expert and your counter as an imbecile. Clearly, you're an internet tough guy who never stepped foot any sort of playing field. Cause if you did you would know that (and this applies to pros as well) most players of all sports including hockey are not good at all facets of the game. Therefore, it is up to management to put these players in a position to succeed.

Some players, like Pavel Datsyuk, could probably thrive on the back line if they asked him to. However, CK is not one of those players. Anyone who watched him in college and in the WJs know that he has very specific skills and to succeed he needs to be used a certain way. That's the reality. If the Rangers aren't willing to do that he should be moved to a team that will use him correctly.

And you need to chill. You notice you find yourself in a lot of these skirmashes? That's because you are so quick to dismiss the other person that you lose all credibility right away. And in this particular case, you're are just highlighting extreme ignorance.
I've played my fair share of hockey, at levels far above the Pee-Wee mentality you champion in a post like this.

Kreider simply cannot process the game at the NHL level right now. Thats what it comes down to. Are you trying to tell me this team is strong enough to allow someone like that to waltz into the lineup? That Kreider has such offensive abilities that it can be forgiven that hes basically paralyzed on the defensive side of the puck? Show me how a coach would allow such a thing at the NHL level.

Truth of the matter is that Kreider is now in a position where he can succeed - the AHL.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:03 AM
  #36
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,890
vCash: 500
Miller's natural position is the wing. The US hockey program put Miller at center. Tortorella the Great said last year that wing was the position Miller grew up playing until he reached the US program in Michigan. The Rangers scouting staff feels Miller's game is best suited at center. What do those ass clowns in the scouting department know?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:04 AM
  #37
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,890
vCash: 500
From: @PLeonardNYDN
Sent: Oct 15, 2013 11:03a

#NYR practice lines Richards-Brassard-Callahan, Pyatt-Boyle-Fast, Pouliot-Stepan-Zuccarello, Miller-DMoore-Dorsett

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/PLeonardNYDN/stat...30856594923520

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:05 AM
  #38
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,890
vCash: 500
Fourth line left wing. They should have left Miller in the AHL.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:05 AM
  #39
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
From: @PLeonardNYDN
Sent: Oct 15, 2013 11:03a

#NYR practice lines Richards-Brassard-Callahan, Pyatt-Boyle-Fast, Pouliot-Stepan-Zuccarello, Miller-DMoore-Dorsett

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/PLeonardNYDN/stat...30856594923520
Dumb...

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:06 AM
  #40
silverfish
KEVIN!
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,997
vCash: 500
MILLER ON THE FOURTH LINE IN PRACTICE


silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:07 AM
  #41
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I'm wondering why they decided to bring Talbot up now? Do they foresee him getting a game soon? I don't see it...
Well I think it's clear, fair or not, between his time in the SJ game and the STL game AV had 0 faith in Biron to play another game. And that's a huge issue in an Olympic year. Might as well ease Talbot in in practice so AV can begin to see how he reacts at the NHL level. Because if he can't cut it they need to find another option asap.

Plus the side motivation of "sending a message" by removing a good, respected team guy.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:08 AM
  #42
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,358
vCash: 476
Coaching staff doesn't know what they're doing.

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:08 AM
  #43
savebyrichter420
Registered User
 
savebyrichter420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Miller's natural position is the wing. The US hockey program put Miller at center. Tortorella the Great said last year that wing was the position Miller grew up playing until he reached the US program in Michigan. The Rangers scouting staff feels Miller's game is best suited at center. What do those ass clowns in the scouting department know?
I'm confused, are you saying he should play center or play wing? Earlier you said he needs to play at center to bump down Boyle but here it seems like you are saying he should be at wing and that it's poor scouting/management putting him at center? I really respect your opinion and your contributions here so please clarify.

savebyrichter420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:09 AM
  #44
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Fourth line left wing. They should have left Miller in the AHL.
Wow, way to send a message Rangers! If that's the configuration tomorrow night it's comical. What is this org doing.

Wait don't answer that.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:10 AM
  #45
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,526
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I've played my fair share of hockey, at levels far above the Pee-Wee mentality you champion in a post like this.

Kreider simply cannot process the game at the NHL level right now. Thats what it comes down to. Are you trying to tell me this team is strong enough to allow someone like that to waltz into the lineup? That Kreider has such offensive abilities that it can be forgiven that hes basically paralyzed on the defensive side of the puck? Show me how a coach would allow such a thing at the NHL level.

Truth of the matter is that Kreider is now in a position where he can succeed - the AHL.
To be fair this roster has been weak enough to allow Kreider to "waltz" in and get a shot on the top 2 lines. With Hagelin and now Nash out, they have lost two players in their top 6 that provide size and speed. I like Miller but he doesn't provide either of those things. I see nothing to suggest that this callup couldnt have been kreider over Miller. This wasn't or shouldn't have been an easy decision.

Miller's all around game is a step ahead of Kreider's but lets not forget it was his poor positional play in which he looked lost at times that led to his demotion last season. I hope it is different this time around.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:11 AM
  #46
savebyrichter420
Registered User
 
savebyrichter420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
From: @PLeonardNYDN
Sent: Oct 15, 2013 11:03a

#NYR practice lines Richards-Brassard-Callahan, Pyatt-Boyle-Fast, Pouliot-Stepan-Zuccarello, Miller-DMoore-Dorsett

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/PLeonardNYDN/stat...30856594923520
Epic Fail! Leave him in Hartford where he was getting top minutes, playing well and developing confidence. What a joke!

savebyrichter420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:12 AM
  #47
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,781
vCash: 500
If Miller is only here as a stopgap on the 4th line until Hagelin or Nash return, then they should have called up Haley, Powe, or even Mashinter. He was doing well in Hartford, they need to stop jerking this kid around.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:15 AM
  #48
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,526
vCash: 500
Pyatt really shouldnt be on this team. Kreider over Pyatt.

Richards-Brassard-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Zucc
Pouliot-Miller-Fast
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:15 AM
  #49
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,532
vCash: 500
I'm loving Boyle on our 2nd line. LOVE!!!! IT!!!!!!


Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 11:17 AM
  #50
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,890
vCash: 500
Now everyone will bang out Miller isn't ready when the Rangers trot him out there on the 4th line. Every shift will analyzed frame by frame to show how he stinks. They did Kreider a favor keeping him in the AHL than play on the 4th line.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.