HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Jersey & Merchandise Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 08:54 PM
mikachu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Zuko View Post
Same here, been over a month now, was at carlingwood today and they got some in but not mine, they said they're getting another shipment in on Friday so we'll see.
I got a call today and one jersey came in. I found it weird since I brought in two at a time.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:24 AM
Rocket Richard
Proud SENS Fan!!!!!

Game worn jerseys

How about a few game worn jerseys on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300854463443...84.m1423.l2649 Bet few of you remember Spezza wearing #44

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320939963489...84.m1423.l2649 Volchenkov Rookie

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230881369577...84.m1423.l2649 Volchenkov

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230810563918...84.m1423.l2649 PETR SCHASTLIVY

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230794531619...84.m1423.l2649 PETR SCHASTLIVY

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200894206450...84.m1423.l2649 Gonchar

Old
02-19-2013, 07:27 AM
Rocket Richard
Proud SENS Fan!!!!!

Nice Sens jerseys

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121068534405...84.m1423.l2649 Nice Alfie jersey

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271155131007...84.m1423.l2649 Ficher SC jersey

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330873541268...84.m1423.l2649 Who's Neil Brady you ask? First goal scored for the modern Senators Oct.08 1992

Old
10-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Colinitus
PSN Survivor

I'm very sorry if this is not in the right place. Twitter & FB could not give me an answer and my fingers are crossed with HFB! Can anyone tell me where I can pick up this hat?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7gxjvf1pyfedjv/hat.jpg

All the boys seem to be wearing it in interviews and I love it. Can't seem to find it on NHL.COM (canadian or american), Ebay, RiverCitySports.

Anyone?

Thanks.

Old
10-15-2013, 12:09 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinitus View Post
I'm very sorry if this is not in the right place. Twitter & FB could not give me an answer and my fingers are crossed with HFB! Can anyone tell me where I can pick up this hat?

All the boys seem to be wearing it in interviews and I love it. Can't seem to find it on NHL.COM (canadian or american), Ebay, RiverCitySports.

Anyone?

Thanks.
Sports Experts maybe?

Old
10-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Pothier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinitus View Post

Anyone?

Thanks.
I think I have seen it at The Sens Store in the arena, not 100% sure though. I know the NHL.com store is pretty lacking, there's a ton of stuff in the store that you wouldn't find online.

On a related note, I got a 20th anniversary patch put on my Karlsson jersey a few weeks back, but they put the patch on the left side (where the C's and A's would go). Not a huge deal but if it isn't a total pain I would like to either fix it myself or bring it back to them. Any idea anyone?

Old
10-15-2013, 12:45 PM
DrunkUncleDenis
McGuire for GM

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothier View Post
I think I have seen it at The Sens Store in the arena, not 100% sure though. I know the NHL.com store is pretty lacking, there's a ton of stuff in the store that you wouldn't find online.

On a related note, I got a 20th anniversary patch put on my Karlsson jersey a few weeks back, but they put the patch on the left side (where the C's and A's would go). Not a huge deal but if it isn't a total pain I would like to either fix it myself or bring it back to them. Any idea anyone?
I would bring it back and tell them to do it properly. That's pretty unacceptable in my opinion.

Old
10-15-2013, 05:46 PM
danielpalfredsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothier View Post

Are you talking about the Sens Store?

That's a little bit insane for the official store of the team to now know where to place one of the team's patches.

If it's heat pressed on, there will likely be residue. If it's just a regular Reebok Premier jersey that they have in stock, in your shoes, I would expect them to replace the jersey (since the patch would probably be impossible to remove without residue), and redo the patch job properly on the replacement.

That's along the lines of somebody putting a name bar on the bottom of the jersey.....if you're the team's official store....hell....if you're anybody in the business of doing custom jobs on jerseys, aside from really obscure patches or jersey alignments, there's no excuse not to know where a patch goes on the team's regular jersey.

Old
10-15-2013, 05:50 PM
Rocket Richard
Proud SENS Fan!!!!!

That's ridiculous! Of course you should return it.

Old
10-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Ohhh Franco

I just swung by The Sens Store at Carlingwood with the intention of picking up a new jersey and was looking for either a Neil or Spezza Home Red in Small. Well, they had very few of either player (none my size) and neither the Spezza or Neil had the updated lettering - Spezza's had As and Neil's were blank. I may be nitpicking, but should the OFFICIAL TEAM STORE not have the updated jerseys ASAP and before anyone? Also, is this organization not trying to turn the page on the Alfredsson era? They had a bunch of #11's (at regular price), but the new Captain gets no respect? So I called the only other OFFICIAL TEAM STORE (Place D'Orleans) to see if they had either and they didnt. So I spent $0 this evening. Way to go guys. Shoulda gone to Sports Experts or Clubhouse or whatever I guess.

I notice the little things and may seem a bit crazy, but once again Im disappointed by the Sens marketing/merchandise department. So many missed opportunities...

Old
10-16-2013, 04:57 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 750

Old
11-07-2013, 07:39 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Anyone think the heritage classic one will be unveiled at the Canucks game?

That would allow them to release them on black friday

Old
11-07-2013, 07:42 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
I just swung by The Sens Store at Carlingwood with the intention of picking up a new jersey and was looking for either a Neil or Spezza Home Red in Small. Well, they had very few of either player (none my size) and neither the Spezza or Neil had the updated lettering - Spezza's had As and Neil's were blank. I may be nitpicking, but should the OFFICIAL TEAM STORE not have the updated jerseys ASAP and before anyone? Also, is this organization not trying to turn the page on the Alfredsson era? They had a bunch of #11's (at regular price), but the new Captain gets no respect? So I called the only other OFFICIAL TEAM STORE (Place D'Orleans) to see if they had either and they didnt. So I spent $0 this evening. Way to go guys. Shoulda gone to Sports Experts or Clubhouse or whatever I guess.

I notice the little things and may seem a bit crazy, but once again Im disappointed by the Sens marketing/merchandise department. So many missed opportunities...
We called up Zibby, no money in the budget to update the Sens Store jerseys.

11-08-2013, 12:38 AM
Julian2890

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
where did you get your karlsson jersey?

Old
11-08-2013, 01:37 AM
ErikNorrisson

Does anyone know where to get lettering kits?
How do they compare to getting it done at an NHL team store in terms of quality and price?

Old
11-08-2013, 02:14 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpasonJezza View Post
How do they compare to getting it done at an NHL team store in terms of quality and price?
As someone who used to do jersey cresting, it's really difficult to make a jersey kit look "just right" if you don't have the proper tools... in this case, a heat press. Do you know anyone who has a heat press? it is going to make your job infinitely easier. I'd let you use mine, but it's in storage, and I'm all the way over here in Indonesia, so that won't work too well.

I've seen some kits applied with an iron, and they... well, they don't look awful, but it's definitely not crisp. If you are willing to do a lot of the work yourself and sew it on, there are a few places that will sell them:

- Coolhockey.com has loose player kits for sale here.
- this seller on eBay is usually good for kits, but he doesn't seem to have any for sale at the moment (he's cheaper than Coolhockey.com)
- before I bought my own twill cutter and heat press, I used to buy from gamedaysportsarchives.com, though I'm not sure if he's still selling kits. It's worth at least sending an email out to him. Let him know what you want, and he'll quote you a price. Prices are good, but I've been told that sometimes the kit you get is 95% accurate, not 100%. The guy who runs it is named Truman. Good dude.
- Eastern Lettering was good a few years ago, but they haven't updated their website in a while (they still advertise the SNES as Ottawa's 3rd jerseys), so I'm not sure what that says about their commitment to selling kits.

If you ever have any questions about how to actually do it yourself at home, or ever run into a problem you weren't anticipating, send me a PM... I've customized plenty of jerseys, I know the pitfalls you might run into.

Old
11-08-2013, 02:48 AM
DrunkUncleDenis
McGuire for GM

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post

Speaking of missed opportunities, I wanted a white Ryan jersey but none of the stores sell white numbered jerseys due to "lack of customer interest". Well I'm not waiting 2 months for a custom jersey like last Fall with Silfverberg. By then the new heritage will be out. So there's almost 500 bucks lost between the two of us.

Old
11-08-2013, 03:15 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkUncleDenis View Post
Speaking of missed opportunities, I wanted a white Ryan jersey but none of the stores sell white numbered jerseys due to "lack of customer interest". Well I'm not waiting 2 months for a custom jersey like last Fall with Silfverberg. By then the new heritage will be out. So there's almost 500 bucks lost between the two of us.
Just take your business elsewhere and go to a place like Clubhouse... even if they don't have it in stock, they'll customize one for you, and it should only be like a 7-10 day turnaround, not a 2-month wait.

Old
11-08-2013, 08:58 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian2890 View Post
where did you get your karlsson jersey?
A store in the Rideau Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpasonJezza View Post
I got two of mine custom lettered at River City Sports, not sure if there is one in Ottawa

Old
11-08-2013, 05:08 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

The newest and latest jersey to the collection:

Old
11-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Rocket Richard
Proud SENS Fan!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Just take your business elsewhere and go to a place like Clubhouse... even if they don't have it in stock, they'll customize one for you, and it should only be like a 7-10 day turnaround, not a 2-month wait.
I 2nd that!

Sensations, Sports Experts ect.. all do a ****** job of not using the correct fonts, material, colours and/or crappy sewing job.

The Sensations on the 2nd Floor of CTC that has the revolving jersey's has an old Phillips jersey with Font from a new jersey on it. You can't miss it. It's like WTF????

Last edited by CanadianHockey: 11-08-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old
11-08-2013, 08:19 PM
danielpalfredsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Richard View Post
I 2nd that!

Sensations, Sports Experts ect.. all do a ****** job of not using the correct fonts, material, colours and/or crappy sewing job.

The Sensations on the 2nd Floor of CTC that has the revolving jersey's has an old Phillips jersey with Font from a new jersey on it. You can't miss it. It's like WTF????
I don't know how accurate Clubhouses fonts are as I've never taken the time to compare, but their stitching is very good.

I would NEVER buy a customized jersey from the Sens store. I don't know if they changed their customization, but in my experience, it's extremely sub par. I picked up two jerseys second hand for very little, they were originally done at the Sens store. For 30 dollars a piece, I'm happy with them, but at full retail price, I'd go else where.

First, they heat press the jerseys as opposed to sewing them.

One is a decade old....so obviously things have changed since then. Bad letter font....NO NAME BAR........and small amounts of glue can be seen. A bit nit picky, but for a premium product, you'd expect better. Again, for 30 bucks, I can't complain....but if I paid 170+tax, I'd have a ton of buyer's remorse.

Second is a more recent jersey, maybe from two seasons ago. Heat pressed numbers, which are slightly pealing at the edges. Perhaps the previous owner washed it in hot water, but the bottom line is there would be no pealing if it were sewn. There's a name bar on this one, but it's a strange, almost hard material. Because it has a hardness to it, it's begun slightly curving.

I buy most of my jerseys second hand, so I can't really comment on who does the best customization. But from what I've seen, if you're shelling out big money for a jersey, I'd probably avoid the Sens store. Go somewhere that actually stitches the twill directly to the jersey.

Again, they may have changed their product since then, and might no longer use heat pressed numbers, but judging by the product I have from the Sens store, I'd go else where.

Last edited by CanadianHockey: 11-08-2013 at 09:20 PM.
Old
11-08-2013, 09:01 PM
SensForLife11

The Sens Store has both. If you want it done on the spot it will be heat pressed (which I believe is a bit cheaper), but will obviously be lower quality and won't last as long. If you can wait, they send it off to the stitching company that does all the player jerseys they have for sale, so the quality is great. Only downside is that it takes around 4-6 weeks usually.

Old
11-08-2013, 11:05 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalfredsson View Post
I don't know how accurate Clubhouses fonts are as I've never taken the time to compare, but their stitching is very good.
Most accurate in the city, IMO.

Old
11-10-2013, 10:27 AM
Orange Thunder

I've posted my jersey collection before (and the Sens tweeted it awhile back), but it's changed since then.

Red swoosh Alfredsson
Red swoosh Fisher
Red swoosh Emery
Black golden laurels Emery
Current home Alfredsson
Current home Fisher
Current home Zibanejad
Current home Methot
SNES Gonchar
SNES Karlsson
SNES Lehner
Heritage Silfverberg (signed)
Heritage Cowen

I had a signed Greening heritage, but I lost it at the Ducks game on the 25th Multiple lost and found visits didn't find it, so it's a goner. Ordered an away Greening before yesterday's game Next jersey should be the heritage classic, will probably get either Karlsson or Turris on it, maybe Ryan.

Closed Thread