HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trading Dan Girardi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-15-2013, 03:06 PM
  #51
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,861
vCash: 50
If a player is being benched in Edmonton, you don't trade a top defenseman + 1st round pick + your top prospect for him

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 03:12 PM
  #52
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,439
vCash: 500
The Yakupov stuff is concerning. You heard so many things about him in his draft year that deflected the Russian stigma, but 4 games into his second season and he's already talking about not wanting to play a 200ft game. You'd be foolish not to kick the tires, but putting together a major package would be foolish. If the team is rebuilding, sure, but hard to see us dealing for him without creating another hole.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 03:16 PM
  #53
Callahan Auto
Rational Police
 
Callahan Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
I think Girardi+Kreider+1st for Yakupov is a great trade for us. I'd really look into trying that if I'm in the front office.

Girardi for Biggs and Gardiner is also a solid deal for us...but I feel that trade really depends on what we can do with MDZ then. Would the plan be to keep or trade him(I hope its trade), and if so what could they get for him?
If I traded him, I'd try to package him with Pyatt (or someone else, depending on the quality coming back) and bring back a righthanded defenseman and a capable winger.

To Nashville: A lot could be in play. They have 4 RH D-Men (Weber, Jones are probably untouchable but Ryan Ellis and Kevin Klein might be on the table). They have a lot of forwards, too. Maybe a big deal would could be worked out if they look out of the playoff picture.
To Phoenix: Another team with 4 RH defenseman (Rundblad, Stone, Morris, and Michalek). Lot of forwards that they could part with, too.
To Dallas: Robidas and Chiasson/Eakin?
To LA: Matt Greene and Matt Frattin?

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 03:18 PM
  #54
x BEUKEBOOM x
Buuuuuuuuuuuk !
 
x BEUKEBOOM x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NY Rangerville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,363
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
This is a very dangerous way of thinking. If you think Girardi (who is soon to become a presumably very expensive UFA who will be looking for a HUGE payday, and has looked awful dating back to last season) is untouchable...then I don't know what to tell you.



I hear you, and I'm guessing the answer to that will become a bit clearer as the season progresses.



Which would mean it was a bad deal 1 or 2 years into the contract when his game really starts to decline. He is already noticeably slower than he was a few years ago. He doesn't have the physical gifts for a prolonged career, imo.

And AV is going to be a 1 year wonder, so I'm not making any major signings with his "system" in mind for the future.

The whole "system" thing is such a cop out. He looked bad last year under Torts, also, which to me, is his IDEAL system.


If AV is a 1 year wonder. Which I can totally see. He's got Low/Trottier written all over him. He's got doe eyes in every interview.

Then who replaces him? I was thinking the other day Laviolette would squeeze in with this bunch as is and could be a blessing for DG.

x BEUKEBOOM x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 03:20 PM
  #55
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,160
vCash: 500
Laviolette would be alright but he would have to allow the D to play and not have the team just try to out gun the other teams.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 03:49 PM
  #56
Emptyvoid
Registered User
 
Emptyvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan Auto View Post
If I traded him, I'd try to package him with Pyatt (or someone else, depending on the quality coming back) and bring back a righthanded defenseman and a capable winger.

To Nashville: A lot could be in play. They have 4 RH D-Men (Weber, Jones are probably untouchable but Ryan Ellis and Kevin Klein might be on the table). They have a lot of forwards, too. Maybe a big deal would could be worked out if they look out of the playoff picture.
To Phoenix: Another team with 4 RH defenseman (Rundblad, Stone, Morris, and Michalek). Lot of forwards that they could part with, too.
To Dallas: Robidas and Chiasson/Eakin?
To LA: Matt Greene and Matt Frattin?
The problem with a lot of those players is that they're either young and have good potential and thus their teams don't want to trade them. OR they are too old and wouldn't be here for the long run.

If we for example traded Girardi for Giggs and Gardener, then we should move MDZ for a scoring winger. I can't bring a name to mind though that is young, has good potential and would actually be traded from the team.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 03:50 PM
  #57
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
His game is in the decline
What is this based on?

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 03:52 PM
  #58
Emptyvoid
Registered User
 
Emptyvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
What is this based on?
A rough start where the team is playing poorly as a whole. I agree with the notion that Torts helped Girardi's game tremendously, but I think it's a tad too early to say if Girardi is a much worse player now for it.

Emptyvoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 03:57 PM
  #59
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NYC
Country: Greece
Posts: 7,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
A rough start where the team is playing poorly as a whole. I agree with the notion that Torts helped Girardi's game tremendously, but I think it's a tad too early to say if Girardi is a much worse player now for it.
Girardi made a name for himself before Torts came to NY, so I don't think much of that statement.

I think it's WAY too early to be throwing around silly assumptions like, his game is on the decline.

Certain opinions here are respected for a reason, in comparison to others.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 03:58 PM
  #60
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRangersFan View Post
A rough start where the team is playing poorly as a whole. I agree with the notion that Torts helped Girardi's game tremendously, but I think it's a tad too early to say if Girardi is a much worse player now for it.
Dude his decline started last year. Did you watch the games?

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 03:59 PM
  #61
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Girardi made a name for himself before Torts came to NY, so I don't think much of that statement.

I think it's WAY too early to be throwing around silly assumptions like, his game is on the decline.

Certain opinions here are respected for a reason, in comparison to others.
OK pal, and you are? watch the games much? Obviously not, because he's been playing like garbage since last year. Keep talking though...

If you are down for an overpayment then you'll be eating your words in a year or so. Book it.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 04:02 PM
  #62
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil
 
NYRFANMANI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ye Old Saarbrücken
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
I think that's a bit too much...maybe Girardi, Kreider and a 2nd.
Uhuuuum ...

Hell, leave the pick out! That should be enough(for the Oils, nominally). I'd take it. Staal and McD as clear cut 1st D pair. Let'em gel, they both are our true all-around D's.


We would get tight on D though, wont you say?

I agree that G's potential in NY might have peaked. A change of scenery might make it look different. Or it could just aswell happen here. A little better offensive skill, I'd love to see from G.

NYRFANMANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 04:03 PM
  #63
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The Yakupov stuff is concerning. You heard so many things about him in his draft year that deflected the Russian stigma, but 4 games into his second season and he's already talking about not wanting to play a 200ft game. You'd be foolish not to kick the tires, but putting together a major package would be foolish. If the team is rebuilding, sure, but hard to see us dealing for him without creating another hole.
He clearly isn't going to be a Filatov level bust, but Zherdev is still very much available.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 04:04 PM
  #64
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN88 View Post
Uhuuuum ...

Hell, leave the pick out! That should be enough(for the Oils, nominally). I'd take it. Staal and McD as clear cut 1st D pair. Let'em gel, they both are our true all-around D's.


We would get tight on D though, wont you say?

I agree that G's potential in NY might have peaked. A change of scenery might make it look different. Or it could just aswell happen here. A little better offensive skill, I'd love to see from G.
You can't overpay a guy on the wrong side of his peak when your team can't score goals...at all. Asset management is key. Sell him now while his value is still high. It's just smart business.

But yeah we could probably leave the pick out.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 04:05 PM
  #65
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post
If a player is being benched in Edmonton, you don't trade a top defenseman + 1st round pick + your top prospect for him
He's not being benched because he's bad. He's being benched because his coach wants to stifle his offensive skill in order to create another Mike Richards clone. That seems to be the school of thought these days and I can't stand it.

__________________


DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 04:07 PM
  #66
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
He clearly isn't going to be a Filatov level bust, but Zherdev is still very much available.
I think he's going to be a very good player in this league, but he's got a long way to go. People will ride his draft status for the next few years, or until he proves he can live up to the expectations.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 04:14 PM
  #67
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil
 
NYRFANMANI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ye Old Saarbrücken
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,213
vCash: 500
G's contract expiring?

NYRFANMANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 04:14 PM
  #68
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 16,861
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
He's not being benched because he's bad. He's being benched because his coach wants to stifle his offensive skill in order to create another Mike Richards clone. That seems to be the school of thought these days and I can't stand it.
I don't know much about what's going on there, but people here wanted Eakins as our coach

__________________
Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 04:17 PM
  #69
GAGLine
Registered User
 
GAGLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
He's not being benched because he's bad. He's being benched because his coach wants to stifle his offensive skill in order to create another Mike Richards clone. That seems to be the school of thought these days and I can't stand it.
Yeah, what are they thinking expecting him to play both sides of the puck. There are plenty of players who both play defense at least respectably well and put up great numbers. Asking Yak to be one of those players isn't stifling his creativity.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 04:30 PM
  #70
NYRFANMANI
beyond good and evil
 
NYRFANMANI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ye Old Saarbrücken
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
You can't overpay a guy on the wrong side of his peak when your team can't score goals...at all. Asset management is key. Sell him now while his value is still high. It's just smart business.

But yeah we could probably leave the pick out.

I totally agree. His peak is reached, he's an UFA and the Wizard of Oz might just overpay him by a million. Contract lenght, for a solely defensive defensemen is also a factor.

Trade is the only reasonable option ...

NYRFANMANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 04:32 PM
  #71
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post
I don't know much about what's going on there, but people here wanted Eakins as our coach
Man I want ****in Herb Brooks, he was chill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Yeah, what are they thinking expecting him to play both sides of the puck. There are plenty of players who both play defense at least respectably well and put up great numbers. Asking Yak to be one of those players isn't stifling his creativity.
Or they could leave him alone and let him become a 50 goal scorer. Not every player is a defensive player just like not every player is an offensive player.

But grinders and 4C's who can't score a lick are worshiped by fans an coaches, while great snipers with all the skill in the world who aren't the most well-rounded are cast aside like lepers. Gretzky is lucky he played in the 80's; they would hate him now.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 05:11 PM
  #72
Radek27
Registered User
 
Radek27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,148
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Trade Girardi? No way! I would rather move Del Zotto before his value drops even more. I think he would do better out in the Western Conf anyway. I could see the Oilers being a good fit for DZ.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 05:21 PM
  #73
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,744
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Trade Girardi? No way! I would rather move Del Zotto before his value drops even more. I think he would do better out in the Western Conf anyway. I could see the Oilers being a good fit for DZ.
Yeah we'd all rather move Del Zotto. I'd rather move Asham than Lundqvist, too. But Girardi would get a significantly better return.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 06:02 PM
  #74
Savant
Registered User
 
Savant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 1,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Trade Girardi? No way! I would rather move Del Zotto before his value drops even more. I think he would do better out in the Western Conf anyway. I could see the Oilers being a good fit for DZ.
I would trade both of them.

Savant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 06:13 PM
  #75
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 8,093
vCash: 500
yak would be sweet.

i would offer up something fair and see what happens.

hes a very, very good young offensive talent.

something we have exactly none of.

and i would keep danny and move delzaster instead.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.