HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alain Vigneault puts players on notice

Old
10-15-2013, 04:10 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McD27 View Post
This keeps up then slats will be on notice. This could become one of those disastrous seasons that Dolan would have no choice but get rid of slats. Of course, if slats can pull an isiah Thomas and make a move on one of his assistants then that would help too.
Based on what? There's been zero accountability for Sather for 13 years now.

10-15-2013, 04:11 PM
OverTheCap

It would reflect poorly on Sather to fire AV so early on, but if he hired Laviolette, he would probably spin it as to avoid blame. "Laviolette was the guy we wanted all along, we were hoping he would be available when the season ended last year but he wasn't, we can't pass up the opportunity to hire him now that he's available blah blah blah"

Sather himself said that 6-5 games are more exciting to 1-0 games. Nevermind the fact that this team isn't capable of winning like that and that most games are no longer high scoring on a regular basis. Any coach is going to struggle with the unrealistic expectations that Sather has set.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 04:13 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Laviolette makes perfect sense. It would be another easy, lazy and not terribly unexpected move.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 04:15 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
It would reflect poorly on Sather to fire AV so early on, but if he hired Laviolette, he would probably spin it as to avoid blame. "Laviolette was the guy we wanted all along, we were hoping he would be available when the season ended last year but he wasn't, we can't pass up the opportunity to hire him now that he's available blah blah blah"

Sather himself said that 6-5 games are more exciting to 1-0 games. Nevermind the fact that this team isn't capable of winning like that and that most games are no longer high scoring on a regular basis. Any coach is going to struggle with the unrealistic expectations that Sather has set.
I could see that spin. I could even see a few idiots actually buying it.

But all I really see if 5 years salary wasted on another fired coach, a subsequent Brad Richards buy-out, and more money being sucked out of the hockey budget because of stupid decisions.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 04:39 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
These players aren't producing because they're not very good offensive players. They're supposed to be depth players to add a little bit of scoring to the bottom lines but with the injuries to Hagelin and Nash they're playing more minutes than usual. Pyatt shouldn't even be on the team. I think the only reason he's on this team is because he's 6'4, 230. He brings nothing other than size, and he doesn't even use it in an intimidating/energizing/game changing way. Zucc doesn't shoot enough.

The Rangers need to get healthy and have their full team on the ice to get some consistency going. Eventually playing at home will help too, or at least in the Eastern time zone. I'd also prefer to leave players like Miller in the AHL for a bit longer. I don't think it's a good environment right now to be bringing young player into. Let the established vets get their act together and stabilize the team.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by McD27 View Post
This keeps up then slats will be on notice. This could become one of those disastrous seasons that Dolan would have no choice but get rid of slats. Of course, if slats can pull an isiah Thomas and make a move on one of his assistants then that would help too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Based on what? There's been zero accountability for Sather for 13 years now.
Agreeing with SBOB.

The season you're implying McD, has already happened. 2004, anyone? Slats kept right on trucking. Not to mention Jessiman, the shootout against the Flyers, and frankly last year where we regressed after making big changes to a team that went to the Conference Finals. There's already been plenty of incentive in the Sather department.

Click here for Brassard Party
Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 04:46 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Grim all-around.

I really was routing for Zucc. I hope he can finally put all this effort to showing up on the scoreboard.

He hasn't looked as bad or useless as some other players, but he does definitely need to start contributing.

I hope Del Zotto was put on trade notice. "Stop shooting wide and handling the puck like a grenade or we'll trade you!"

10-15-2013, 04:48 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Agreeing with SBOB.

The season you're implying McD, has already happened. 2004, anyone? Slats kept right on trucking. Not to mention Jessiman, the shootout against the Flyers, and frankly last year where we regressed after making big changes to a team that went to the Conference Finals. There's already been plenty of incentive in the Sather department.
You can go back to the Trottier fiasco. Dolan should hav told Sather right then and there, "If you want to fire this guy and take over, it's playoffs or busr for you."

Old
10-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

Quote:
You can go back to the Trottier fiasco. Dolan should hav told Sather right then and there, "If you want to fire this guy and take over, it's playoffs or busr for you."
Ah the Trottier thing. I almost forgot that happened. Back to therapy for me

Old
10-15-2013, 04:57 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Why does he expect Pyatt to be an offensive producer? Doesn't that show he doesn't know how to judge talent on the team? Did he expect Taylor Pyatt to score 20-30 goals this year?

One thing I don't get about new coaches is they say they don't know the players. Um haven't you been coaching in the NHL for years now? Don't you scout the team your about to play and their players? If you don't know who is on other teams how do you game plan to play them? I get that our new guy is from the West but Torts said the same thing and he only coached in the East till his latest move to Vancouver.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 05:03 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Why does he expect Pyatt to be an offensive producer? Doesn't that show he doesn't know how to judge talent on the team? Did he expect Taylor Pyatt to score 20-30 goals this year?

One thing I don't get about new coaches is they say they don't know the players. Um haven't you been coaching in the NHL for years now? Don't you scout the team your about to play and their players? If you don't know who is on other teams how do you game plan to play them? I get that our new guy is from the West but Torts said the same thing and he only coached in the East till his latest move to Vancouver.
Pyatt also played for him for three seasons. I don't think he's expecting goal scoring. I think he wants to see a pulse and these guys to play with some urgency and heart.

Old
10-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Pyatt also played for him for three seasons. I don't think he's expecting goal scoring. I think he wants to see a pulse and these guys to play with some urgency and heart.
He said produce not pulse.....he didn't mention a lack of effort only in the SJ game.

Old
10-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
That'd be a new low for Sather. 5 games into a 5 year deal.

Wouldn't put anything past him though. The coach looks lost and the player's stink - must be their issue.
Amazing that they gave this buffoon a 5 year deal. Talk about your classic knee jerk reaction by the Teflon GM!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
I could see that spin. I could even see a few idiots actually buying it.

But all I really see if 5 years salary wasted on another fired coach, a subsequent Brad Richards buy-out, and more money being sucked out of the hockey budget because of stupid decisions.
Stupid is as stupid does.

Old
10-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
He said produce not pulse.....he didn't mention a lack of effort only in the SJ game.
There's plenty of ways to produce outside of the scoresheet in hockey. Production means more than goals and assists.

I hope this sentiment makes it through your bubble

Old
10-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Amazing that they gave this buffoon a 5 year deal. Talk about your classic knee jerk reaction by the Teflon GM!
I've been called a Renney apologist, a Torts apologist, and I'm sure ill be called an AV apologist before too long. I guess I have a soft spot for coaches who have **** to work with.

Sather gave him a 5 year deal probably because it was the only way a coach would sign on with a GM notorious for going through coaches like toilet paper

Old
10-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Radek27

Quote:
There's plenty of ways to produce outside of the scoresheet in hockey. Production means more than goals and assists.

I hope this sentiment makes it through your bubble
Consider the context that he said it he is talking about offensive production. The article state all 3 players are a combined 0 point?

And what is that last part supposed to mean through my bubble?

Old
10-15-2013, 05:37 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

im putting everyone on notice. we stink because we have are void of offensive talent.

hello mr dolan and sather ???

those are the culprits. really.

oh and our recent drafting has been rather sketchy too.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 05:44 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Possibly. Then Sather would look bad though and he doesn't want that.
...look...worse you mean?

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 05:44 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Phil Housley available????

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Machinehead
1st pair Boyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Phil Housley available????
Nope. Nashville.

Old
10-15-2013, 06:33 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
im putting everyone on notice. we stink because we have are void of offensive talent.

hello mr dolan and sather ???

those are the culprits. really.

oh and our recent drafting has been rather sketchy too.
In reality, yes the entire team sans Richards should be on notice. Hilariously enough even if they threaten and scapegoat more players they can only fill their roster spots with more plugs and kids either not ready, or lacking the skills necessary to do anything themselves.

The cycle continues. Life in bizarro world.

DMPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 06:46 PM
trilobyte

A little heat in the kitchen is hunky-dory.
Let it flow.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
I've been called a Renney apologist, a Torts apologist, and I'm sure ill be called an AV apologist before too long. I guess I have a soft spot for coaches who have **** to work with.

Sather gave him a 5 year deal probably because it was the only way a coach would sign on with a GM notorious for going through coaches like toilet paper
Isn't it amazing that all these years under Sather and we still have a dearth of offensive talent.

Old
10-15-2013, 06:51 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
It's cause Sather is misusing our assets and picks. By assets I mean players on ice and in system. Picks are picks.

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote