HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Elias In OT Again

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2004, 12:12 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Elias In OT Again

Elias scored in OT for the 4th time this year tieing him for the record. This guy is really clutch in OT much like Sundin (not to that extent).

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=68492

How good would he be on a team like Vancouver or Toronto where they don't have to comit 100% to defense.

Old
01-17-2004, 12:17 PM
RiellyGood

I think Elias would thrive in a new environment, somewhere where he can be paired with a good playmaker and be allowed to be creative offensively

Old
01-17-2004, 12:27 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Gets the game tying and game winning goal

Old
01-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Elias is on pace for 30 goals with NJ... what do you think he could do elsewhere?
But Elias' is fantastic defensively also, he could play on the Madden line and not lose a beat, and he's willing to give up his own individual numbers for the good of the team. Elias is the perfect Devil player: Defensively awesome, a real TEAM player, works hard, and has tons of offensive skill.

Old
01-17-2004, 12:46 PM
dats-13

Elias is very underated.....i would love to have him on the wings....

Old
01-17-2004, 12:56 PM
LaVal

i have always considered Elias to be one of the top-5 most talented players in the NHL, and if he were on an offense based team he would be a perennial Art Ross competitor.

Old
01-17-2004, 04:56 PM
NJD Jester

Send a message via Yahoo to NJD Jester
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal575
i have always considered Elias to be one of the top-5 most talented players in the NHL, and if he were on an offense based team he would be a perennial Art Ross competitor.
Keep believing that.

Watching Elias every game, I can tell you that he's a very, very good offensive player. But I'm not sure if he turns into a 50-goal guy just because he's away from the Devils. People always point to Guerin and Rolston as player who found their offensive game after escaping New Jersey. But Guerin scored 29 with the Devils, and Rolston had 57 points one season with the Devils (his career high is 62 with Boston).

But asking fans to believe the Devils actually play offense is like asking ESPN to put on Ottawa.

Old
01-17-2004, 05:35 PM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

I'm one of the few people who wouldn't mind the Devils play, mostly because of 26. He could flourish big time somewhere else, but he's also a smart player who has really bought into the NJ systems.

Old
01-17-2004, 05:52 PM
LaVal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD Jester
Keep believing that.

Watching Elias every game, I can tell you that he's a very, very good offensive player. But I'm not sure if he turns into a 50-goal guy just because he's away from the Devils. People always point to Guerin and Rolston as player who found their offensive game after escaping New Jersey. But Guerin scored 29 with the Devils, and Rolston had 57 points one season with the Devils (his career high is 62 with Boston).

But asking fans to believe the Devils actually play offense is like asking ESPN to put on Ottawa.
i never said Maurice Richard contender. i'm talking like the 96 points, 3rd in the Art Ross race he already had ON the Devils. he has the talent to do that again on a team that as you put it "actually plays offense".

Old
01-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
I don't expect Elias to lead the league in scoring, I would expect his assists to go a way up. Turn into a 40 goal 50 assist man.

Closed Thread