HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-10-2013, 05:39 PM
  #951
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
I'll continue looking for a two in game photos but it could easily have been added after the fact. Found a few other Gagne gloves while searching the Internet and none of them have a number written on them. I don't expect to ever know for sure really.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 06:57 PM
  #952
Mosetter27
Registered User
 
Mosetter27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
I'll continue looking for a two in game photos but it could easily have been added after the fact. Found a few other Gagne gloves while searching the Internet and none of them have a number written on them. I don't expect to ever know for sure really.
the 2 was def there from the gate... thats how they mark the equipment so they can cylcle them properly so they aren't worn out as fast

Mosetter27 is offline  
Old
10-10-2013, 08:05 PM
  #953
GarretWillhelmThe3rd
Registered User
 
GarretWillhelmThe3rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country:
Posts: 101
vCash: 500
I dont think your gonna find anything with that number 2 written on the glove. Gagne is the only one to use that style Bauer bhp glove so your golden, a photomatch will be nearly impossible though.

GarretWillhelmThe3rd is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 09:58 AM
  #954
flyers0909
Registered User
 
flyers0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 109
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers0909 View Post
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a jersey and figured this was the place to come. I want a 2012 Winter Classic, either a Giroux or Voracek. A replica is fine by me, I just don't know where the best place to get it is. There's so many shady websites out there and so much jersey terminology in here that I don't know so I don't want to order one and look like a scrub while wearing it. Going to my first game every in Philly at the end of November so I figure I should wear something other than my Richards jersey. Thanks guys.

Can anyone help me out?

flyers0909 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 10:24 AM
  #955
leclair1088
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers0909 View Post
Can anyone help me out?
This place has a Jagr replica unless you're dead set on G or Vorachek. http://www.sportsk.com/nhl-winter-classics.html

There are some authentics on ebay but they are $500+ (I'm almost positive they are legit, I believe the seller is from the IJ forums)

leclair1088 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 11:07 AM
  #956
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leclair1088 View Post
This place has a Jagr replica unless you're dead set on G or Vorachek. http://www.sportsk.com/nhl-winter-classics.html

There are some authentics on ebay but they are $500+ (I'm almost positive they are legit, I believe the seller is from the IJ forums)
They're legit and they're from a IJ poster. But that will be the going price for an authentic.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 11:38 AM
  #957
flyers0909
Registered User
 
flyers0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 109
vCash: 50
It's looking like in order to get a Winter Classic jersey I'd have to break the bank. How is the quality of the jerseys I can buy straight from NHL.com? Is there a better place to go to get a new Giroux jersey? And if I decide on getting a Voracek through NHL.com's customization, how would that turn out?

flyers0909 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 12:17 PM
  #958
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,961
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers0909 View Post
It's looking like in order to get a Winter Classic jersey I'd have to break the bank. How is the quality of the jerseys I can buy straight from NHL.com? Is there a better place to go to get a new Giroux jersey? And if I decide on getting a Voracek through NHL.com's customization, how would that turn out?
NHL.com s customization is ****! They cannot do flyers jerseys don't do it!!!!! If you want yo order a blank from them fine get it customized at the skate zone. They send it out to philly express who do the flyers on ice jerseys

PALE PWNR is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 01:07 PM
  #959
flyers0909
Registered User
 
flyers0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 109
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
NHL.com s customization is ****! They cannot do flyers jerseys don't do it!!!!! If you want yo order a blank from them fine get it customized at the skate zone. They send it out to philly express who do the flyers on ice jerseys
Thanks for the heads up that's a big help. I live in NY so I'm not sure how easy it would be for me to get it customized on my own. What about if I just order a Giroux jersey that NHL.com advertised? I'm not sure if that is also customized by NHL.com or if they already have Giroux jersey's made.

flyers0909 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 01:10 PM
  #960
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers0909 View Post
Thanks for the heads up that's a big help. I live in NY so I'm not sure how easy it would be for me to get it customized on my own. What about if I just order a Giroux jersey that NHL.com advertised? I'm not sure if that is also customized by NHL.com or if they already have Giroux jersey's made.
The Skate Zone (I believe) will send jerseys out if they're shipped to them too so you don't need to do it in person. I'm speaking from memory so i'm not 100% sure. Any Giroux jersey on NHL.com or advertised on the NHL website will be done incorrectly.

Are we still talking Winter Classic or are we talking normal jerseys now?

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 01:41 PM
  #961
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,961
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers0909 View Post
Thanks for the heads up that's a big help. I live in NY so I'm not sure how easy it would be for me to get it customized on my own. What about if I just order a Giroux jersey that NHL.com advertised? I'm not sure if that is also customized by NHL.com or if they already have Giroux jersey's made.
The Gagne is done by NHL.com. It's not stitched its just heat pressed, its like a sticker on the back of the jersey. Scehnn's done by Philly Express, and it's pretty easy to tell. If you just want to skip all that nonsense, then your likely looking to get a jersey off ebay. Some guys around here are likely able to point you in the direction of good seller's. A G jersey shouldn't be hard to find at all.





PALE PWNR is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 01:58 PM
  #962
flyers0909
Registered User
 
flyers0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 109
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
The Skate Zone (I believe) will send jerseys out if they're shipped to them too so you don't need to do it in person. I'm speaking from memory so i'm not 100% sure. Any Giroux jersey on NHL.com or advertised on the NHL website will be done incorrectly.

Are we still talking Winter Classic or are we talking normal jerseys now?
Well I preferred a Winter Classic, but it just seems like that's going to cost me way more than I'm willing to spend. I'm assuming it shouldn't be too hard to find a Giroux jersey out there somewhere in their current home or away jerseys. I'm just really skeptical of buying on eBay because I know there's a bunch of fakes out there and I definitely don't have the eye that a lot of you guys do to pick them out.

And thanks PALE PWNR for those pics, I would have had no idea that that's what I'd be buying from NHL.com.

flyers0909 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 02:05 PM
  #963
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Looking for an authentic or a replica?

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 02:46 PM
  #964
flyers0909
Registered User
 
flyers0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 109
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Looking for an authentic or a replica?
Will I look like a total scrub with a replica? I just don't think I have the cash for an authentic at this moment in time.

flyers0909 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 03:31 PM
  #965
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers0909 View Post
Will I look like a total scrub with a replica? I just don't think I have the cash for an authentic at this moment in time.
Not at all haha. 95% of people only wear replicas. You could probably call the Wells Fargo Gear Zone or call any of the Skate Zones and order a Giroux or Voracek. What size are you looking for?

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 08:00 PM
  #966
Flyers845
Registered User
 
Flyers845's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers0909 View Post
Will I look like a total scrub with a replica? I just don't think I have the cash for an authentic at this moment in time.
I have a replica winter classic 2012 done up as timonen size L done up by Philly express if your interested. Only worn about 2 times

Flyers845 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 08:38 PM
  #967
flyers0909
Registered User
 
flyers0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 109
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Not at all haha. 95% of people only wear replicas. You could probably call the Wells Fargo Gear Zone or call any of the Skate Zones and order a Giroux or Voracek. What size are you looking for?
I've currently got a Richards one I bought for $50 that claims to be a Reebok CCM Authentic which is a size 48. Not sure how that translates elsewhere.

flyers0909 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 08:38 PM
  #968
flyers0909
Registered User
 
flyers0909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 109
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers845 View Post
I have a replica winter classic 2012 done up as timonen size L done up by Philly express if your interested. Only worn about 2 times
How much are you asking for it?

flyers0909 is offline  
Old
10-15-2013, 09:26 PM
  #969
Flyers845
Registered User
 
Flyers845's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers0909 View Post
How much are you asking for it?
Pm sent

Flyers845 is offline  
Old
10-16-2013, 10:36 AM
  #970
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Not a jersey but...

Thought about buying one of these a long time ago but didn't have the money at the time. The picture is 3' by 10.5', I believe. I'm in the process of buying it now. You can get pretty much any size you want.



My brother got one from the Phillies World Series, his is 3' by 13'.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-16-2013, 09:01 PM
  #971
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Potentially pre-ordered one of my biggest jerseys yet. Still on the fence if i'm going to follow through with it but Barry from Meigray told me to preorder it to ensure that no one else picks it up while i'm considering and gave me time to make a decision.


Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-16-2013, 10:03 PM
  #972
StandingCow
Registered User
 
StandingCow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 3,537
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers0909 View Post
Will I look like a total scrub with a replica? I just don't think I have the cash for an authentic at this moment in time.
haha, dude a lot of people wear really really bad fakes to games.

StandingCow is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 12:30 AM
  #973
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,961
vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Potentially pre-ordered one of my biggest jerseys yet. Still on the fence if i'm going to follow through with it but Barry from Meigray told me to preorder it to ensure that no one else picks it up while i'm considering and gave me time to make a decision.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

PALE PWNR is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 02:45 AM
  #974
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,898
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
You missed one...$. But yeah, that's why I'm still considering and most likely will decide against it.

Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Old
10-17-2013, 07:35 AM
  #975
RonHextall27
Registered User
 
RonHextall27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
You missed one...$. But yeah, that's why I'm still considering and most likely will decide against it.
I don't have the $$$ to play that game so I did what i posted up earlier. Picked up Jeff Jillson's #29 gamer from a few seasons ago during the summer sale and got Denver Athletic to make me a MacKinnon name bar.

I would rather have his real gamer, but I have a mortgage to pay first haha.

RonHextall27 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.